Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   michigan snowmobilers, where ya at (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95974-michigan-snowmobilers-where-ya.html)

traviss 02-06-2005 07:33 PM

michigan snowmobilers, where ya at

3 Attachment(s)
Wazzzz happin fella's :D :D

So what are the reports around the state for snow.??

I was up north in oscoda for the weekend, 120 miles and thats it... Mudd, nothing left. Did get my tuning done on the lake though :cool: last week was in luzerne and petoskey and it was decent riding. Might be headed up to the UP or canada this weekend depending on conditions :(

hows everyones sled running? hmm mine is always interesting to ride, something breaks or goes goofy everyday :rolleyes:

mitchstellin.... can you manhandle that big skkkkkkkkiiiidoooooo yet ;) hows it treatin ya :D

waterfoul..... you still alive on that yammi :D :D :D

some pics, i was bored this weekend.

Pantera1 02-06-2005 07:43 PM

Re: michigan snowmobilers, where ya at

Your gonna blow that ski poo up runnin her on the stand like that :D
Couple sleds here this weekend :drink:

JCPERF 02-06-2005 07:54 PM

Is that Packinair's new boat?

traviss 02-06-2005 08:03 PM

come on dude it wasn't on the stand :p :p give me some credit :cool: :D :D

bring on the pics.. warm weather is depressing :(

articfriends 02-06-2005 08:34 PM

The snow report is lookin BAD-doesn't sound like there will be any snow left nextwknd after the RAIN we are gettin this wk. Travis-i blew up my main sled but i still got the kids sled for a backup,let me know and we'll go riding,Smitty

traviss 02-06-2005 08:45 PM

hehe... you said blew up.. :eek: Arctic.. what were you running... I know it wasn't stock... ;)

with the looks of the forecast it doesn't look like there is gonna be much riding any time soon :(

Pantera1 02-06-2005 09:21 PM

Sorry man ..way too steady for being live ..im saying stand ride :D
Laketrout= delicious :eek:

Pantera1 02-06-2005 09:25 PM

30,000 here for the fishin derby ..Look at the 2 stroke smog :eek:

Pantera1 02-06-2005 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
P.S. - Had a friend total a yam SXR 600 this weekend (borrowed). Broke his arm in 3 places and his toungue is Hamburger. He missed a 20 foot drop at 70. and T-boned the sled so hard that it blew the shocks into the engine compartment after the subframe failed.

Should have bought a polaris :D :D
Just kidding ..idont like to hear about anyone gettin hurt on a sled :(
Just gives the tree huggers more ammo

articfriends 02-06-2005 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
travis,heres my sled on the dyno last month,Smitty

articfriends 02-06-2005 10:25 PM

Yes it is,my body can't take the pounding it could 10 years ago,rides great too,trade-off is it doesn't corner burn as well but still is good. :D :D

Waterfoul 02-06-2005 11:12 PM

Yeah, I'm still kickin the Yammy Travis. Got about 600 miles or so in this year, 380+ in one weekend with Mitch up in the UP. Supposed to be heading up there again this coming weekend... time and snow will tell if that happens though.

Waterfoul 02-06-2005 11:13 PM

So Arctic, how many ponies did it pull????

articfriends 02-07-2005 12:13 AM

179.5hp at 8150,i was just trying to post my dyno sheet but the file is too large after i scanned it and i can't figure out how to resize the file? The sled is 01zr 800 bored to 900cc,ported,speedwerx head,v-force reeds,turbo crank,twin pipes,reed spacers,cold air airbox. Its alot like my boat,you start modifying stuff until you get so carried away you have triple what its worth invested!!!I dynoed it in jan mainly to see where my bsfc was at a given air density so i could establish a jetting baseline. Took it up riding 2 wknds ago,air was LESS dense than on the dyno,went 1 jet richer which should have raised my bsfc to .750-.800 (ultra safe),Ran 100 miles,checked plugs,piston wash etc THEN PHUKING MELTED DOWNAGAIN!!!! :mad: So,i'm about fed up,ive always had reliable stuff,riding my son's 440zr until i can round up another batch'o parts!Smitty

Airpacker 02-07-2005 06:47 AM

Smitty, if the backs too old to take the bumps, buy a REV :) Right Mitch?

rws 02-07-2005 07:00 AM

Smitty ,
I used to Drag Race 440 Rotax's Depending on the air temp and density I would Run a 480 Main Jet at 90F to A 780 Main at -30F.A temp change of 20 degrees would require Rejetting the Mains and 30 to 40 degree temperature change required Pilot Jet and possibly a Slide change.I am supposed to go to Paradise at the end of the Month for a "Reunion Sled trip with a lot of the Guys that Trail rode" I am Renting A 500 Skidoo Rev Chassis,I have not rode for 8 yeras so I am looking forward to it.I understand that conditions(DNR Patrols) and attitudes towards Sledders have changed up in the UP.

Rob

Pantera1 02-07-2005 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by articfriends
179.5hp at 8150,i was just trying to post my dyno sheet but the file is too large after i scanned it and i can't figure out how to resize the file? The sled is 01zr 800 bored to 900cc,ported,speedwerx head,v-force reeds,turbo crank,twin pipes,reed spacers,cold air airbox. Its alot like my boat,you start modifying stuff until you get so carried away you have triple what its worth invested!!!I dynoed it in jan mainly to see where my bsfc was at a given air density so i could establish a jetting baseline. Took it up riding 2 wknds ago,air was LESS dense than on the dyno,went 1 jet richer which should have raised my bsfc to .750-.800 (ultra safe),Ran 100 miles,checked plugs,piston wash etc THEN PHUKING MELTED DOWNAGAIN!!!! :mad: So,i'm about fed up,ive always had reliable stuff,riding my son's 440zr until i can round up another batch'o parts!Smitty

Just get a polaris :rolleyes:
:D :D

Waterfoul 02-07-2005 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully the trails will look like this in the UP when we get there!! Leaving Thursday afternoon:

LEOPAJM 02-07-2005 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Hopefully the trails will look like this in the UP when we get there!! Leaving Thursday afternoon:

Thats a great pic 'foul /..... makes my thumb itch !!! :D

Don't count on it this week .... :(

Anybody have a report for Canada ???

Waterfoul 02-07-2005 11:37 AM

That pic was from 2 weekends ago. That was the absolute best groomed trail I've ever ridden. Pic was about 9:30 a.m. or so.... you could ride that trail with the throttle pinned, no bumps, and the turns weren't sharp enough to make you let up!!

Latest reports I'm getting from the UP (Newberry area) is that it is in fact snowing... got about 2" so far today. So, it may not look like that picture, but it could be a decent ride after all.

Praying for snow....

Waterfoul 02-07-2005 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone ever been to the Hot Dog Stand north of Seeney???

Waterfoul 02-07-2005 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Stopping on the trail... the first pic I showed above is looking back towards where I took this picture from. It was a great day. About 0 degrees and fresh snow!! My blue V Max on the right.

I hate my work computer.... no re-sizer on it... I'm forced to crop pics until they fit.... where can I get an easy to use re-sizer on the net for free??? I have one on my puter at home that works great,,,, hit the file tab and it has a Resize option right there, but can't remember where I got it.

LEOPAJM 02-07-2005 12:05 PM

Where's that HotDog place at ????

How's your buddy like the F7 ???

Rookie 02-07-2005 12:14 PM

Foul- I was at that hotdog stand Saturday. The trails in Grand Marais-Seney area were holding up Thursday and Friday, but the weather was getting the best of them on Saturday. We didn't even go out Sunday for the quick 80 mile ride before we went home as we usually do. Saturday at 4:00 pm it read 48*F at the cabin. Grand Marais was just mud going in and out of town, and there was alot of puddles on the trails.

I wanna get back up there for another ride or 2 this year but getting nervous on the conditions. The forcast when I was up there was calling for 30-38 highs all week.

BonnieOutlaw 02-07-2005 12:42 PM

Okay - ya'll are on the wrong board....you need to go to UltimateSnowmobiler. LOL

Trav's not going to blow it up...she's only at 8 grand. She's still got another grand to go. :p

Mark - did he have a Tek Vest on? That's a lot of impact...just curious.

Weather is entirely too warm here, and the trails are shot. We need some cold and snow soon before I turn into a beyotch. ;)

Had a lot of fun last weekend though. I'm practicing my jumping. Gettin pretty good at it.

All you people heading to Canada suck....take me with you!!!!!

LEOPAJM 02-07-2005 12:54 PM

Doesn't look much better in Canaduh !!!!!

Northbay trails are all closed !!!!!!!!! :(

Looks like I picked the right year NOT to get a new sled !!!! :rolleyes:

Waterfoul 02-07-2005 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another pic of the great conditions we had earlier... think I might have gotten the resizer to work....

Waterfoul 02-07-2005 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another of the deep snow!! This is a deep bowl near the hotdog stand...

BGIII 02-07-2005 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Anyone ever been to the Hot Dog Stand north of Seeney???

Is that the one that they light up with Christmas lights at night Foul? On the corner that brings Newberry, Grand Marais and Seney trails together?

Waterfoul 02-07-2005 02:43 PM

I think so Bill... not real familiar with the trail systems... we always let Mitch lead!! I just follow along and try to not get lost!!!

BGIII 02-07-2005 03:02 PM

Those trails around Grand Marais bring back a lot of memories of good times.

Pantera1 02-07-2005 03:51 PM

Wow pic in post 31 = braaappppp :D

traviss 02-07-2005 04:24 PM

great pics foul :cool: Gotta love snow :D :D

Waterfoul 02-07-2005 05:29 PM

Pantera, on that trail/road in post 31 I pinned my 600 until it wouldn't go any faster.... saw 110 or so on the speedo... GPS in my pocket said 93.4... damn GPS :mad:

Pantera1 02-07-2005 05:33 PM

Somethin special about those wide flat well groomed trails.. Maybe its the trees going by so fast b ut its just so much better than the lake .. Any you guys ever seen pitting on the face of a clutch ..down near the shaft ..Just noticed it today while puttin a new belt on ..Oh ya new belt = 5 mph :D :D

Pantera1 02-07-2005 05:39 PM

Trails around here are mud right now :(

Waterfoul 02-07-2005 06:02 PM

I"ve never had a clutch apart to see pitting or any other issues... sorry.

BonnieOutlaw 02-07-2005 06:59 PM

My clutch is brandy new. I'll have to get back to you on that next year okay? You didn't need an answer right away right? :p

Pantera1 02-07-2005 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by BonnieOutlaw
My clutch is brandy new. I'll have to get back to you on that next year okay? You didn't need an answer right away right? :p

Nothin like a new clutch :evilb:

Waterfoul 02-07-2005 07:53 PM

Are we still talking about snowmobiles??