Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody from Stuart, Florida? >

Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Notices

Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Old 02-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Harry the cig was last down there the winter of 96-97 when I purchased her and trust me I wish I could take it every winter. I was down quite often that year and the boat left there around easter. I will see how things go and would love to take it down again this year. When I lived in belmar I lived on 9th ave and C st that was 3 blocks from the beach and sure wish I still had it as there would be no way the boat would not be seeing fla every winter.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttt
Old 11-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

I live in Jupiter and have a 32 Sunsation Dominator named Go Time. Will occaisionally run outside from the Jupiter Inlet up your way. There is another 32 Sunsation in Jupiter (I saw his and bought mine 6 weeks later) and he runs up that way every once and a while as well. There are a coupleof go fast boats on the start of Jupiter Island on the west side of the ICW (38 TG and an older 35ish Formula) but they never seem to leave the lifts! The go fast crowd is deterred by manatee zones for sure.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Registered

Just moved to west palm area about 8 months ago, where do the performance boats go
Old 11-14-2005, 07:10 PM

I boat out of Jupiter also. My only story is leaving Prates Cove around midnight in a 30 ft formula captained by a local who really knows the waters. Well anyway it was low tide and at 12:15 am in front of Pecks lake The boat rapidly slowed and listed to port. If you know the area you know it was low tide and we just put his formula way up onto the sand bar. And 2 big blocks are not light. There was a few choice words .
Anyway about 2 hours later we got her floating again.
Also the air show was fun this weekend.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:42 AM
DJD
Registered

Hey Stuart people! I forgot about this thread. I started reading it & realized I posted to it last year.
Well, like I was saying, we hung up racing, sold the Outerlimits & I am back to fishing now. The latest rig is sitting out at Sailfish Point. It's a 50 Bertram. I'll be back on Dec. 9th for a few days. I'll also have 8 trips to Stuart planned over the winter so if any of you guys like to fish offshore, let me know. We could have an OSO fish outing
Dave
Old 11-15-2005, 08:44 AM
DJD
Registered

Originally Posted by Jim B
Just moved to west palm area about 8 months ago, where do the performance boats go
Not a whole lot of them in WPB but there are a few. Peanut Island (just inside the inlet) is a big hangout spot on the weekends. Just up the ICW is Waterway Cafe. A great spot & Sunday nights is their big reggae party. Thurs, fri, sat are fun also.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DJD
Just up the ICW is Waterway Cafe. A great spot & Sunday nights is their big reggae party. Thurs, fri, sat are fun also.
Better hurry. Heard Catalfumo bought it. Condos are coming at Panama Hatties.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Deal fell apart on Hatties according to Palm Beach Post. But it is back on market with broker.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttt

My 20' Cigarette is done, and I'm using it, it's a little small to run when there are a lot of boats out, but its fun nonetheless. Jumpstarting this thread to see who's out there, we oughta do a lunch run or something!

Harry

Quick Reply: Anybody from Stuart, Florida?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.