Like Tree0Likes

Tmp Motors

Reply
Old 02-11-2005, 08:20 AM
  #41
Registered
 
outriggers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Clinton N.J.
Posts: 946
Default Re: Tmp Motors

Steve, That 650 looks sweet. How many CI ? Tall Deck? Doug
outriggers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 11:57 AM
  #42
Registered
 
SummerObsession's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Kansas/LOTO
My Boats: 2015 MTI 48
Posts: 1,831
Default Re: Tmp Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision_Marine
When someone is going to spend upwards of 70K an engine, he better trust the numbers and the builder. For example, when we Dyno an engine, we try and recreate the conditions that will exist when in use like the fuel, alternator, water pump, exhaust etc. We factor as much of the environmental conditions as possible to give the most accurate numbers possible.

It would be beneficial for everyone to read and fully understand this post!!!

I wonder how many people are aware that, within reason of course, a dyno can be made to read whatever the operator chooses it to read.
My experience on the race track convinced me dyno numbers are nothing but a baseline. Real world results are paramount.
SummerObsession is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:14 PM
  #43
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default Re: Tmp Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerObsession
It would be beneficial for everyone to read and fully understand this post!!!

I wonder how many people are aware that, within reason of course, a dyno can be made to read whatever the operator chooses it to read.
My experience on the race track convinced me dyno numbers are nothing but a baseline. Real world results are paramount.
I have used 5 different Dyno shops and ya get and idea about whos are Conservative and some are like you say the dyno shoot out guys.

When I go to the dyno I don't care what the hp #'s are, I just want to tune it the the best it can be and if I wanted to change something to that motor at a later date I would make sure that the correction factors where the same on that Dyno.

For instance I have used Gary Williams here in Ms . and others I know have used him also. I have seen him change correction factors just to make it look good .

Just remember any Yahoo can buy a Dyno and make pulls , But the operator has to be able to interpret the info to know what changes to make .

Rob
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 10:30 PM
  #44
Registered
VIP Member
 
HotPursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slidell,Louisiana
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: Tmp Motors

Mark I'm so glad that you found time to speak up.I think
you will agree with the most of us,I stop purchasing
any of the magazines because of the bullsh** that is
published.I strongly believe that after some of the latest
publications that you can claim to be Jesus Christ and
with out any proof they will print it.When I hear about
someone claiming to have raced and I know for a fact
they have never held a APBA license I just don't understand.
You would think that the writer would at least want to
take some photos of the accomplishments and add them
to the article.Your years of racing and professional service
have been second to none.Your shop and staff are a class
act in my book and you don't have to blow your own horn.
This all coming from someone that has used your
competition for the last 25 years (Ron Sporl Performance)
Hope to see you soon. Keith

Last edited by HotPursuit; 02-13-2005 at 10:41 AM.
HotPursuit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:05 AM
  #45
Registered
 
SummerObsession's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Kansas/LOTO
My Boats: 2015 MTI 48
Posts: 1,831
Default Re: Tmp Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC performance engine
especially running Pro Stock.Everyones #s are different.What matters is when you drop the clutch.
Now that's a fact! Pro Stock, the "monkey see, monkey do" class.

Hey, did you hear W.J. is now leasing Schmidt motors? What is the world coming to?

That little short german bastage (Schmidt ) can build some serious power though. Everyone's chasing Anderson, doing some weird stuff to try an keep up, should be an interesting season.
SummerObsession is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:23 PM
  #46
Registered
 
JCPERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island,New York
My Boats: 10 foot Kayak
Posts: 8,908
Default Re: Tmp Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerObsession
Now that's a fact! Pro Stock, the "monkey see, monkey do" class.

Hey, did you hear W.J. is now leasing Schmidt motors? What is the world coming to?

That little short german bastage (Schmidt ) can build some serious power though. Everyone's chasing Anderson, doing some weird stuff to try an keep up, should be an interesting season.
I know Yates had a schmidt motor.But WJ?
JCPERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 05:26 PM
  #47
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
jayboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SWFloridaH2O
My Boats: Every One In Sight
Posts: 18,213
Default Re: Tmp Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC performance engine
I asked Zul because he talked to KJ yesterday.Nothing was said.When i ask Zul, he looked at me like i had 3 as*holes on my forehead.
You just need a new girlfriend...
Her 'input tube' is leavin marks on yer forehead.
Attached Thumbnails
Tmp Motors-morningafter.jpg  
__________________
Roostertail does not lie.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
jayboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:27 PM
  #48
Registered
 
mikes280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: charlotte nc.
My Boats: velocity/proline
Posts: 1,846
Default Re: Tmp Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC performance engine
Christmas comes once a year.That was a guess on the Professors part.
it worked sent him to school i don't think WJ is using someone elses motors
mikes280 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:27 PM
  #49
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default Re: Tmp Motors

Did ya see the semi round where he came from behind motored past whatchamacallit.I don't think he needs anybody Else's power.
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:54 PM
  #50
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default Re: Tmp Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboat
You just need a new girlfriend...
Her 'input tube' is leavin marks on yer forehead.
Maybe it was her out put tube
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
X-Rated30
General Boating Discussion
55
04-04-2009 04:33 AM
302Sport
General Boating Discussion
22
09-19-2008 02:19 PM
Young Performance
General Boating Discussion
42
08-31-2006 12:18 PM
32 thunder
General Boating Discussion
17
07-09-2005 11:09 AM
thunderusone
General Boating Discussion
63
01-14-2005 07:30 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.