Ummm.  Maybe you didn't see this... >

Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Notices

Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Old 02-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

when I bought my 2000 Nordic, I had a boat survey done, ($400.00), and then I had Archer Marine do a mechnical survey for an another 429.00) which was for the engines/drives and all the running gear. The boat surveyer didn't do engine leakdowns or anything like that.

I don't see how Ed did anything wrong?

What pissed me off about my experince is that I have 1 if not both 280s trim tabs sucking in water, (There was water in the pump reseviors) that was Obivous to see, and Archer Marine said "All Trim pumps are ok".
I'm still trying to fix the port tab leak.
MD
Old 02-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Ed, I'll fax you my "contract" that I have people sign prior to me working on their car, as its hard for me to tell if a panel has been blended. I am not responsible for crappy paint that peels. as they go down the page, they must initial each spot to show that it has been read and sign at the bottom. I find it actually put them more at ease, because it addresses some of the concerns they may have and forgot to ask....

Rob

i've been painting in the collision biz 15+ years , how can you not tell a panel has been blended? we remove all hardware and belt mldgs etc. i'd have to say, i can easily tell if vehicle has been repaired , paint work ,etc , the easiest way to tell is base color texture , very hard to duplicte 100% , i.e.- base is grain heavy- grain fine , etc , clear texture. for a trained , certified professional , (like myself) very easy to pick out.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I only have two questions.......

......and I'm pretty sure I know the answer to the first one.

Why did it take 16 months for Just Perfect's owner to start complaining here about Ed ?
Maybe because after chasing this deadbeat for 16 months, Ed was starting to chase him a little harder for final payment.

Why has Just Perfect's post been allowed to sit in the Bad Business section for 3 days, without Ed's reply showing up yet ? I know the board gods have to check into the allegations to stop unfounded complaints, and I know it's not their real job to police the marina industry, but the post in GD has been quite polite, and Just Perfect hasn't bothered to show up here yet. Why not reply to Ed's version of the complaint here ?

Frozen water, no hockey, no football, and no golf till 4:00 pm, i've got all day...

Last edited by bluellama; 02-13-2005 at 09:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-13-2005, 09:18 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Re: Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Maybe Scott Sumrall and Just Perfect have become friends!
Old 02-13-2005, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by open72
i've been painting in the collision biz 15+ years , how can you not tell a panel has been blended? we remove all hardware and belt mldgs etc. i'd have to say, i can easily tell if vehicle has been repaired , paint work ,etc , the easiest way to tell is base color texture , very hard to duplicte 100% , i.e.- base is grain heavy- grain fine , etc , clear texture. for a trained , certified professional , (like myself) very easy to pick out.
It's pretty simple, I'm not in the body business and am not a painter, I manufacture and install 3M paint protection film on the fronts of cars.
I see cars coming from the factory that the hood is one color and the bumper is different usually the difference is from mass production where the bumpers and rest of cars are painted at differnt stations. Sometimes at the port or at dealers, the car gets a scratch and they have a company blend it. Unless it is over a certain amount it doesnt have to be disclosed to the consumer. There fore never having seen the car before and knowing its history, and having been burnt, I had to make the contract.
As I'm applying the film, I stretch it into position and then squeegee it out, In certain areas it takes a couple times, if a crappy paint job/blend has been done the film may/will peel the paint. That is what my contract protects me from. If it was done without the consumers knowledge then they have recourse with the dealer, not me. For installation pics anyone can go to my site and look in the gallery its www.proformauto.com.

Rob

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 02-13-2005 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Unhappy Re: Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

My response to the original post in the Bad Business section is still not posted.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I guess seeing the way it was handled here in GD, maybe they thought no reason too?
Old 02-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Registered

Ed,

I'm sorry you find yourself in the middle of this. Unfortunately, it happens. You seem to have your i's dotted and t's crossed and I hope that you are able to present your case and "be done with it".

You have a good reputation on the board, and it's nice to see people standing behind you.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Registered

It is called a USED BOAT for a reason!Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you do not. Ed Cozzi is a stand up guy who helped me with my Fountain when no one else would.He gets an A+ in my book.As far as the new owner,that sucks be mad at the previous owner, that is who Screwed you not Ed.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Smile Re: Ummm. Maybe you didn't see this...

Like I said earlier:
If the starboard engine really is a 415 hp long-block with HP500 accessories, all that needs to done is to purchase the correct camshaft and rocker arms from Crane at a cost of around $500.00.
Trying to screw my insurance company for a $20,000 re-power is ridiculous.
The original owner DONATED this boat to a charitable organization for the tax write-off. He probably knew about the engines being different and didn't want to be bothered selling it retail.

Thank you all for the support.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.