Steve_H

Default Re: Lonseal/Pirelli Flooring?

anyone else?

Old 02-14-2005, 07:21 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where are you getting this from steve? is it mail order? is there somebody local at LOTO that sells this? i have thought about doing this as well.....
Old 02-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by Sean H
where are you getting this from steve? is it mail order? is there somebody local at LOTO that sells this? i have thought about doing this as well.....
i havent got that far yet. from my searches here on OSO it has been posted that you have to go thru a dealer and its probably a mail order situation unless theres a local dealer.
i should know more sometime today and ill post when i find out.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:40 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
i havent got that far yet. from my searches here on OSO it has been posted that you have to go thru a dealer and its probably a mail order situation unless theres a local dealer.
i should know more sometime today and ill post when i find out.
I bought it direct from Lonseal. Carol McMaster was the person I talked to.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by Indy
I bought it direct from Lonseal. Carol McMaster was the person I talked to.
thanks Indy.
it was probably pirelli that i read that it has to be bought thru a dealer.

Old 02-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Steve-

I installed Londeck Wave in Speed Racer. Londeck Wave is the exterior version of Lonwave Mirage. It is supposed to be UV & stain resistant. Some of the older Lonwave flooring tends to yellow a little over the years of SoFl sun & salt. As far as cleaning it, a vacuum will get most of the debris out of the pattern. Soap and water and a scrub brush will be all you will need for anything else.

The key to installation is to use their 2 part expoxy adhesive and make sure the floor is extremely clean and the Lonseal is warm. It us much more pliable and easier to cut when it is warm. A hair dryer will help heat the smaller areas you need to cut.

FYI, the roll comes in a 6' width. The Lonwave or Londeck Wave pattern runs the length of the roll, rather than side to side. In order you get the proper direction of the pattern, you will need to lay the flooring with the 6' width from front to back rather than from side to side. If your cockpit is longer than 6' from front to back, then you will need to place the seam under the rear seat.

PM me if you have any other questions about it.

Chad
Old 02-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the #4 in my Nordic. Way better than carpet. It takes a little effort to keep clean, but when it is, it looks great. Find someone in your area that carries commecial flooring and go from there. Its not cheap. Also be sure to use Lonseals two part epoxy.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have longdeck wave; Pic #4 Just scrub it and its clean, it looks great and has a pearl shine to it!!
Old 02-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Steve_H

thanks for all the info guys.
im going with the LONCOIN II even though its for indoor use it should hold up fine since the boat is covered most of the time. it should be the easyest to keep clean also.

fyi , from lonseal , if the word "deck" is in the name it is designed for outdoor use.

Old 02-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I have number 4 and I like it. It takes some getting used to on barefeet, but its all good now.

Quick Reply: Lonseal/Pirelli Flooring?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.