Default Re: Miami Show TMP1600

Rotflmao !!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamboater
What the hell happened to this thread???
Nobody knows
Old 03-01-2005, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,296 Likes on 449 Posts

think it got way to serious? I was enjoying the knowledge, but then it went down hill, an epiphany maybe?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:29 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attached Thumbnails Miami Show TMP1600-sense.jpg  
Old 03-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
WTF?
Attached Thumbnails Miami Show TMP1600-wtf_lightning.jpg  
Old 03-01-2005, 09:46 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Attached Thumbnails Miami Show TMP1600-bunnypancake1.jpg  
Old 03-01-2005, 09:47 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

even ronald has had enough.....
Attached Thumbnails Miami Show TMP1600-mcdonald-suicide.jpg  
Old 03-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Nobody, yeah, we actually did the final assembly, why in the world would I lie about such a thing? I will give you a bit of info so you can get your facts straghit. Calling you out? Are you 2 or 5 years old? It's called facts, to claim to be an expert if you don't know what your talking about.

Did I assemble them? Not all of them, but I certainly did my fair share. THere was a team of 4 of us that once recertified over 100 R980's in 1 week. Just rebuilt one last week.
How many did we sale, 300 brand new units and some are still going today!
We rebuilt and or SFI recertified over 2000 (use to have to have SFI approval every year) over the years.
Why don't we build them anymore? THere was no need for them after NHRA's rule makers allowed PSI to continue to make changes after the "blower freeze" was made. We followed the rules, others did not. We also had to SFI spin test them every 2 years which cost $20,000 in order to be able to recertify the used SC's. This was pointless since we were out of the business. Once the rules were made, ours sales dropped instantly. Market fell out. We knew they would be needed in the future, but at the time, most of you guys were arguing about who had the best 1471 even though the screw compressor was setting records in every class it was allowed.
Why are we not building them now? Who says were not working on it? Were working on a bunch of new things, I'll leave it at that. The market wasn't ready for the 980's, now they are just getting there and there very expensive SC's, making 5-10 really doesn't make good business since. We have to build 25 at a time and they will still run over $8000. At this point, I would rather sale a couple of thousand mustang kits or 500HP's. I'm not sure how big of a market you think there is for such a supercharger, but it's no where near the smaller SC's.

How does racecrafters get away without calling them Whipples? How can I dictate what a consumer does with his property? Can you buy a Ford and take the logo off or will the Ford Police come arrest you, fine you and make you reinstall the logo? After all, it's a Ford?

Does Autorotor still make superchargers for us? No, it's actually Lysholm Technologies who cuts the rotors. We haven't used Autorotors since 1995.

As for your 2 blower theory, you need to do some research. Size does not equal efficiency and airflow can only give you a therotical power level. Put two M5's and you'll turn them so slow that the efficiency will be off the charts and not in a good way. Run the airflow up and sure, they may make more power if the engine can withstand it, point is what? It doesn't matter if you used 8 superchargers, if you flow a given amount of airflow more efficiently, than you have the ability to make more power or better yet, waste less energy operating the SC. So the point is, the dual 3.3 or Quad Rotor can generate cooler air more efficiently than the marine PSI at all power levels below 1600HP. Put a A980 on a 350 Mag and run 6lbs of boost, sorry, won't work really well. Instead of wasting the power robbed from the M5's why wouldn't you use turbos and get back all that power loss?

As for Mercury, I won't give you that type of information, but we own the rights to anything less than 5000 units per year, per application, pretty basic, have a 8 year contract. Also, not sure how many motors you think MR makes a year, but with that qty, nobody's getting rich. We sale approx. 12 times more SC's then they will. As for fuel both ways, I can tell you, as could the engineers who tested it at MR. It makes more power, both low end torque and top end HP. The best system is a blend and that depends on the amount of fuel, cylinder head design, etc. but running fuel through the SC under boost makes more power. It's a cooling median, gets prepared for better atomization and seals the rotor to casing tolerances for higher efficiency levels. The most efficient compressor is an oil flooded screw compressor because they use the oil as the sealing agent between the casing and rotors. THe final designs were with port injection only, but not for power reasons.

As for dyno pulls, I've been around 3000hp motors and plenty of top fuel motors at the track, not sure if you know, but I've been friends with Gary Scelzi ever since I was a little kid and that guy named Alan Johnson. My father owned a funny car called the "revelloution" with then driver Ed "the Ace" McCulloch, maybe you've heard of it? Or maybe you've heard of my grandfather, he had the first top fuel hydro to break 200mph, called Mr. Ed. So I've been around some pretty wild motors and I'm not even touching the TRD IMSA motors, TRD CART motors or anything of the sorts. I've been around racing my entire life and I didn't just go to the tracks, I got to work on cars, evaluate data, work with crew chiefs with our air fuel meters, R980 and A980, etc. I don't need to have a video showing my credibility, I'm brave enough to actually post my name.

I feel I do ok at EFI but then again my Dell laptop is missing its logo so they've been looking for me, they said I can't go around telling everybody it's a laptop, it has to be a Dell laptop. What am I going to do?

Not sure why your quizzing me, this is not a debate, as I said, I support our customers, after all, your nobody, right? Want answers to your questions, buy a supercharger that this information is applicable.

Dustin
First of all I'm almost 6, but I've learned alot in my first five years.
I don't know where your going with your 2 blower theory.
I thought we were talking about making BIG HP, not anything under 1600. I guarantee I could get 2 M5s to work.

When did I say the size of the supercharger= blower eff?
I said the size of the blower, in airflow and eff., are directly related to HP POTENTIAL POTENTIAL POTENTIAL.

As far as dyno pulls I said with your 3.3s by your side.
I don't see any (Fastest Street) cars using your 3.3s and I'm pretty sure their not outlawed.
All I see is turbos and round blowers making BIG BIG HP.
Where's Whipple?
I do agree they are very very eff. blowers and all I said was you needed a bigger one for the guy's trying to give people BIG HP in marine engines.
So bring back your 9.8s and maybe then TMP can make 1800 HP with 23 deg. heads.

I just thought if you knew everything about head selection, cam selection, compression ratios, Ect. for supercharged applications that you said in your first post - you could answer (as Richard C. put it) my ridiculous questions.

Thanks,
Dustin Whipple---------------I guess since I've owned a couple of your blowers you won't mind my name change

Last edited by NOBODY; 03-02-2005 at 01:31 AM.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RichardCranium572

NOBODY asked:

I don't remember Dustin EVER saying he was/is a professional engine builder. Those ridiculous questions have tarnished my picture of you.

Let's do this, why don't YOU answer the questions and I'll bring the smack this time.
I'll tell you what-- The questions were for Dustin, and I'll answer them in a couple day's.
Until then why don't you take a crack at them.

Thanks,
Dustin Whipple----------------------------Sh#t the cops are at my door

Last edited by NOBODY; 03-02-2005 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

This is amazing. All of this from a couple of engine pictures. What happened to a picture is worth a thousand words? Bettter change that to a picture is worth 13 pages of words.
Thanks to everyone on this site that support us. It is greatly appreciated. We are going to continue to do just what we have been doing, pushing the limits to build the best possible engine that we can. To all of you that do not support us, thank you to. We value both the critisisms and the compliments. They help us to create a better product.

I don't think that I am needed on this thread anymore, you guys seem to have it under control. Thanks again, Eddie

Last edited by TMP racing; 03-01-2005 at 11:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Miami Show TMP1600

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.