Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   0% Financing is back!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97082-0%25-financing-back.html)

OldSchool 02-23-2005 03:12 PM

0% Financing is back!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Chevrolet is back to 0% financing for 60 months on alot of their models. I think it's time for me to pull the trigger on a 2500HD Silverado CrewCab 4X4 with the Duramax/Allison combo.

Anyone have a good idea what I could get for my 2500 Suburban??
It's a 1998, 93K miles, 454 with a Gale Banks PowerPack kit on it, uses no oil/changed every 3000 miles, 2002 Alloy wheels, killer airhorn w/compressor, and is a real PIG at the gas pump!!! (about 10 mpg avg./14 on the hwy). It's been a great truck for us, but I want to have something that is rated to tow 12,000 lbs. for piece of mind. The 'Burb is rated for 10K and I'm over that with the Bullet, gas, beer and the trailer. I only tow about 3 miles to the ramp from my storage building, but I don't want to risk getting screwed by the Insurance people if something were to happen!!! :eek: :cool: :cool: It also has rear airbags (Airlift1000's) with dual valves

What do you all think I should advertise it for???

Rippem 02-23-2005 03:24 PM

Re: 0% Financing is back!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Gotta get 'em by the nads...0% for 60, $1000 cash back, and buy at invoice on an ordered truck. Worked for me. I got the truck in the 7th week. Spec'd and order accepted by VOMS 4/12/04, truck hit the ground June 2nd.

The miles are right on the 'Burb, what's KBB trade on it? The reason I ask even though you're not gonna trade, is that if it doesn't owe you anything...you'll know the very least you'll sell it for and work up from there wth a watch on the local market.

This'll get the juices flowing...

OldSchool 02-23-2005 04:32 PM

The 'Burb is paid off, I figure that I should be able to get at least 12K for it with all of the stuff that I've done to it. What kind of mileage do you get with the Duramax and a 373 rear?

Rippem 02-23-2005 05:00 PM

That's the high side I think. Remember that mods and upgrades are giveaways for the most part. Cash buyer is one thing, but if somebody's got to finance it...it's gonna limit what the truck is seen to be worth.

Economy is a bit of a sore subject. :(

DO NOT believe the 19-20 MPG BS.
Maybe with your grandmother driving in July with a good tailwind!

It'll do 16-17 straight highway unloaded if you keep it under 2000 RPM ~70MPH.
I've got to tell you that's hard to do!
Quite frankly, out on the highway, unloaded, it's hard to keep your foot out of it. The damn thing just rocks @ speed. Step into the hot lane whilst grabbing some boost, and it just leaves 'em hard and feels like it would pull a locomotive even as you hit the shutoff. :D Driving like a madman with low miles last summer was 14 and change average. Honestly the truck is so much fun, and such a workhorse, I don't care.

8-9 towing 11-13K boat @70-75+, worse I'm sure towing a brick of a TT, or other enclosed.
The truck loves to work a load though! Lots of power, you'll never go back to a gasser, even if you're disappointed with the economy of the diesel.

Right now on winter fuel with a 800 lbs of sidewalk blocks in the back, short trips to work, lots of idle time, and occasional plowing....7.5-8.5 MPG per tank all winter :eek:

I'm about 8000 lbs. with the ballast and plow on. :eek:
Don't blow that stop sign...somebody's gonna get hurt...and it ain't gonna be me! :p

Treat your fuel year 'round with Power Service or Stanadyne, and change the spin on fuel filter every 7-10K. ;)
Cheap voodoo to ward off fuel and injector issues.

stecz20 02-23-2005 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chevy's are punk.. be a man and step up to the plate. at least you have half of it right.... The almighty(Mr. Wonderful)

Rippem 02-23-2005 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
Chevy's are punk.. be a man and step up to the plate. at least you have half of it right.... The almighty(Mr. Wonderful)

and get to know your service manager and his family! You'll all be very close before you dump the Furd for a dependable truck! :p

Rippem 02-23-2005 05:21 PM

BTW...if you did look at Fords ( you strike me as brighter than that), stay away from the thousands of low mile '03's and early '04's at dealers. They're all problem laden Ford buybacks from angry new truck buyers! ;)

OldSchool 02-23-2005 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rippem
BTW...if you did look at Fords ( you strike me as brighter than that), stay away from the thousands of low mile '03's and early '04's at dealers. They're all problem laden Ford buybacks from angry new truck buyers! ;)

Yea, Fords suck!!! I think that Mr. Wonderful has an '03 :D :D :D

Rippem 02-23-2005 05:49 PM

B U S T I N G the self proclaimed Mr. Wonderful's balls. :drink:

CAP071 02-23-2005 06:52 PM

I may go shopping now at 0% :D

twin screws 02-23-2005 07:00 PM

If you want to look pretty, buy a chevy. If you want a work or tow truck, buy a ford. Look at what people buy in buisness to tow with. It want have a bow-tie on the front. Ha Ha, that should stir things up.

offshoredrillin 02-23-2005 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by craig223
Yea, Fords suck!!! I think that Mr. Wonderful has an '03 :D :D :D

Mine is 2 wheel drive Craig and I love it, imho we dont need 4 wheel here, cept maybe for 3 weeks of the year. I may still have some connections out at Sterling Chev, I bought mine used 25k on the road. Let me know, its the least i could do for ya...Rob

Rippem 02-23-2005 07:07 PM

Hmmm. The GM product is more popular in my neck of the woods. You know up north, where you do more with a truck than tow down a straight interstate. Like ride nice and be by far the quietest diesel on the market, 'cause you gotta drive your 4WD truck daily for 5 months, it's gotta start and run like a gasser when it's well below zero for weeks, have an interior designed for a human being 'cause you'll be spending lot's of time in it plowing, and last but not least own a real HD automatic transmission that isn't on bad behavior half the time, :p or broke down the other!

OldSchool 02-23-2005 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Mine is 2 wheel drive Craig and I love it, imho we dont need 4 wheel here, cept maybe for 3 weeks of the year. I may still have some connections out at Sterling Chev, I bought mine used 25k on the road. Let me know, its the least i could do for ya...Rob

Thanks Rob, but If I buy it will be a new one and from Winegardner Chev. I've known the owners for 30 years and the GM is GotHerDone here on OSO.

offshoredrillin 02-23-2005 07:14 PM

Thats awesome, I know they have an aftermarket department that is out of control, they sell Brentz wheels, 19.5 inch dually rims too. Well tell ya what for all your help I'll protect it for free, just dont get black!!!, I'll even hook you up w/ my window tinter at my cost!!

and mine is lowered 8 and 6 inches too. I can definatley get you all the power stuff you need, filters and such.

twin screws 02-23-2005 07:15 PM

I thought we could stir things up. Their goes the GM owners, where are the Ford owners? :evilb:

Rippem 02-23-2005 07:19 PM

standing at the service counter... :p

Rippem 02-23-2005 07:19 PM

left the door W I D E O P E N :D

OldSchool 02-23-2005 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rippem
standing at the service counter... :p

LMAO!!!!! :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

Everyone that I know that has or had a Ford had tranny trouble....just an observation! :cool: :drink:

And thanks Rob, I'll keep that in mind!

formuladude312 02-23-2005 07:22 PM

Back in 2003 i got a 02 leftover Silverado 2500 hd loaded i got 0% 60 months $3,000.00 cash, additional $500.00 loyal gm customer plus choice of tool box or bed liner tonneaua cover combo, took the combo, The kicker was they called me when i had 4 mos left on a lease to get me to buy a truck, Yhey waved the rest of the payments on the lease, How can you go wrong!!!

BobbyB 02-23-2005 07:23 PM

Fords are a towing beast.

nauti-buoy 02-23-2005 07:25 PM

i have had my scarab hooked up to two different chevy's and they both broke!!! Fast On Race Day it the only way to go

twin screws 02-23-2005 07:30 PM

Go BobbyB, Go

Rippem 02-23-2005 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by BobbyB
Fords are a towing beast.

but you best keep two hands on the wheel 'cus they handle like sh*t!

"call me the wanderer...I'm the wanderer...I get around n'round n'round n'round" :D

offshoredrillin 02-23-2005 07:33 PM

I got 8.1 vortec in mine w/ allison trans, got clocked a 135 by a friend in an M5, hypertech, K&N, and Gibson exhaust, I hit 100mph every day at one point or another, I love it!!!

OldSchool 02-23-2005 07:34 PM

It's all great that everyone can stand up, beat on their chest and proclaim "My truck is the best", but let's not forget what this thread is all about......Getting someone to say "Hey Craig, your 'Burb is exactly what I've been looking for" :D :drink: :evilb:

Rippem 02-23-2005 07:35 PM

had a modded 496 ext cab with a Wester's 93 oct. tune ECM, Transgo ect.. The truck was a blast...but I still like the DMax better. :cool:

OldSchool 02-23-2005 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by nauti-buoy
i have had my scarab hooked up to two different chevy's and they both broke!!! Fast On Race Day it the only way to go

It's not our fault that your boat weighs 20,000 lbs!! :p :evilb:

Rippem 02-23-2005 07:37 PM

it's all in good fun, hell it's Feb. and we're runnin' out of forum fodder...kinda like Ford's runnin' out of service parts for the sickshift trans. :drink:

OldSchool 02-23-2005 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I got 8.1 vortec in mine w/ allison trans, got clocked a 135 by a friend in an M5, hypertech, K&N, and Gibson exhaust, I hit 100mph every day at one point or another, I love it!!!

My 'Burb has some kind of speed limiter on it that kicks in at 100....Scared the chit out of me the first time it did it!! :eek: :eek: :D Only tried it one more time just to make sure and it dies right at 100.

offshoredrillin 02-23-2005 07:44 PM

yep, the power programer will stop that, my 95 has no limit, and with the supercharger I have tested it :p, its a speed sensor in the trans that ya have to reprogram...

stecz20 02-23-2005 08:16 PM

i have a 04 built in july. i love it and not a problem. i waited on purpose to get away from the problem with the 6.0. we can be here all day and go back and forth. we are loyal to our brand, period. when you depend on your truck to haul, and you need it day after day to earn a living you go with what works for you. every brand has had its bugs to work out, and will continue to in the future. new technology means new problems. i have driven all three of the brands worth anything, and if were not a ford i own a dodge. chevys are light in the ass and dont hold their value. there is a reason why the f series is the best selling car in the world, thats rights its the biggest selling automobile in the world, not just truck... if you play by the numbers, and i know most of you guys do. its ford all the way. like i said, we like different flavors....

stecz20 02-23-2005 08:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
tell me this aint one sexy truck.... how can you compare this to a chevy...no way not even close... must be a sexy bit-h driving it too... stecz

Rippem 02-23-2005 08:23 PM

the f-series half ton is where you get your bragging numbers from, but not the subject truck here. It's much, much closer in the HD diesel market.

But like you say, to each his own! :)

I drive my truck daily so ride quality and qiuet are very inportant to me.

Rippem 02-23-2005 08:25 PM

is that even a color? :drink:

OldSchool 02-23-2005 08:26 PM

WOW!!!! Mr. Wonderful turned into Mr. Defensive! I've never seen such a serious post from you Steczy!!!!!!!!!

:D :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

Rippem 02-23-2005 08:27 PM

and it's not stock either is it?

so as much of a Ford lover as you are...you weren't satisfied with the product performance as built? :eek:

:D :D :D

stecz20 02-23-2005 08:30 PM

well why do you think it rides better. i wont argue that point.. light in the ass. each truck has its good points and bad points, if we could take the best pieces from each maker we would have one bas ass ride, but we are stuck with all the sh-t that comes with the trucks we like. the problem with the 6.0 was not ford it was international, not ford per say. fords name is on it so they took the heat. we could go on forever about the good and the bad points, which is half the fun. ill let you chevy guys have the fun, but we all know the truth. fords are for men, chevys are for boys, and the bit-hes drive dodges....lol i like dodges, just dont drive one... stecz

stecz20 02-23-2005 08:32 PM

silver baby, whos serious. ive killed a man for saying i was serious.. dont make me whooop you craig..

Rippem 02-23-2005 08:36 PM

ass end? How's that feel in the wheel when that front end is runnin' over washboard pavement? Care to slolom thru some lane changes and traffic? SEE YA!

all in fun man...I assure you. :D