Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts >

Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

Notices

Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

Old 03-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

Reggie came out with a virtually untested boat and killed the record.He knows he has probably 10 more mile an hour in his pocket if needed.It is very dangerous what he did in that size boat and he knows that.He will probably sit back until his new piece is ready and let Fiore try at the record.If he beats it, Reggie will be right there to try and take it back.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bojoe2
EAST BAY NEWSPAPERS RHODE ISLAND

We set the record, they break it, we get it back. It's our turn now," Mr. Fiore said.
His statement makes no sense. Too much resin sniffiin

"OL sets the record, Fountain breaks it, OL gets it back. It's OL's turn now."

Can't comment on the OL customer that will be driving as have no knowledge of his history. I doubt we are talking your everyday boat customer here. Let Steve David get behind the wheel! A proven driver. Just gotta let him get his deep v feet.

Twin 1900hp motors, 1000# lighter boat............
Damn well better set a new record! If OL can't with that combo, time to hang it up. Only means 1 thing then, the boat is not capable. Might even do more harm.
How many people will buy an OL just because it holds a record? My bet is zero. A person buying one is buying for the quality, 1 off custom made to order. These are not your cheap everyday boats built over nite. I find it hard to believe that will be the deciding factor for a person that is considering an OL. Maybe the $$ spent for this obsesson best spent by going back into the company? I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Not to sound pro Fountain record holder here................ but a record will have a more impact on them as Fountain has more competetors that are in the same/closer playing field of manufacturs more obtainable by your everyday boat owner. Fountain, PQ, Cig, Baja, AT, Formula, etc. You get the idea. But then how many of those makers are involved in this speed title? Hmmm, and all doing JUST FINE w/o this need for the title. Maybe this claim really has no effects on the selling of boats, and is just for the ego of the Mike and Reggie themselves?
Has absolutely NO influnce on my choice.

Maybe I'm just not seeing the real picture here too, at which point ignore all the above.

With that said, wish them the best. Not for attempting a new record, but for doing so safely. If you can call it safely.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lchornet
Yup, I know that they were there. I've heard about 10 different reasons that they didn't run. God only knows what the real one was.
I was with them.The one engine filled up with water.The intercooler failed when they tested the morning of the run.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Registered

When some people buy a certain boat, they like to know that their boat brand is the fastest in the world.Some dont care.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lchornet
That was the first story that I got from some friends that were there. You are the 1st person that I've heard from that was actually there with OL to confirm it. Glad to hear it confirmed from a 3rd party. Thanks!

Do you know why they didn't put their spare motor in the boat?
These were Racecrafter 1800s or 2000, whatever they may be.they only had these 2 engines with them.And they werent all that to begin with.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
When some people buy a certain boat, they like to know that their boat brand is the fastest in the world.Some dont care.
like say....Activator??
Old 03-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by masher44
like say....Activator??
No, like gay Texans with beakboats.
Attached Thumbnails Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts-cig2.jpg  
Old 03-05-2005, 12:16 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

one thing said i DO NOT own a outerlimits and if i had the cash i would. they have sure sold me! may it be speed,paint attention to detail or just pure strength of the hull. i think its the best offshore boat built! only my opinion. and i think a lot of other boaters opinions also.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Registered

but i doubt thats the same fountain hull that you can buy right out the showroom.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:57 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain

Not to sound pro Fountain record holder here................ but a record will have a more impact on them as Fountain has more competetors that are in the same/closer playing field of manufacturs more obtainable by your everyday boat owner. Fountain, PQ, Cig, Baja, AT, Formula, etc. You get the idea.
To be fair - the boat for the run was far from a production boat. Something tells me the price for that one would rival an O/L.
btw - I hope this crap goes on for years, its great entertainment. I'm sure if all goes well for O/L it'll be the first show of Sea Rodder.

Quick Reply: Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.