Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   hello-new to oso (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97816-hello-new-oso.html)

pwrquest380 03-07-2005 06:53 PM

hello-new to oso

hello,

I am a new member to oso. Everything looks really cool.
I heard on the other sites that this board has a lot of negetivity and people who bash others.

What are the generally feelings here? I would like to know before i pay for a membership. LOL

I would appreciate any info...

I am glad to give this trial a shot, I boat out of st clair michigan, actually port huron most of the time, any other members from that area?

I hope this is a great place to spend the of season, I am new to this whole internet boat sites....seems real neat!

GLH 03-07-2005 07:01 PM

Re: hello-new to oso

Can't beat it...
Welcome to the fun.
What's "negetivity"? :D:D:D

Sean H 03-07-2005 07:01 PM

whatever you read just remeber these key things and you will be okay...

1. Apache was the best boat ever made. Period.

2. Fountain is the speed king. No point anybody else trying, they should just give up and worship the jogging suit king.

3. Sailboats suck.

4. No politcs allowed, unless yours agrees with whoever is moderating that day.

5. No religion. (see 4 for reason)

6. Everybody's boat manufacturer makes their boats the best, everybody else just splashes their design. (and when they want a hull made right they take it to skater)

7. Cigs and Fords are the best, just ask Mr. Wonderful.

8. Do not buy a watch off this site.

9. Do not buy a boat from National Marine. Sorry, I didn't post this one sooner for some of you.

10. Winter will be over soon and we will all be lying how fast are boats are and not discussing the above nine, but they still apply.

Welcome and have fun....- :D :evilb: :D

packinair 03-07-2005 07:04 PM

you will like it here, there are a bunch of us MI/OH erie guys here

The Menace 03-07-2005 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
whatever you read just remeber these key things and you will be okay...

2. Fountain is the speed king. No point anybody else trying, they should just give up and worship the jogging suit king.

3. Sailboats suck.

4. No politcs allowed, unless yours agrees with whoever is moderating that day.

5. No religion. (see 4 for reason)

6. Everybody's boat manufacturer makes their boats the best, everybody else just splashes their design. (and when they want a hull made right they take it to skater)

9. Do not buy a boat from National Marine. Sorry, I didn't post this one sooner for some of you.

10. Winter will be over soon and we will all be lying how fast are boats are and not discussing the above nine, but they still apply.

Welcome and have fun....- :D :evilb: :D

Well Sean, glad to see that this board has actually educated somebody.

Welcome to the board pwrquest380.

What is negetivity? :chimp:

Steve_H 03-07-2005 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by expresscat39
Well Sean, glad to see that this board has actually educated somebody.
:

especially this part: :evilb: :D

Sean H 03-07-2005 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_H
especially this part: :evilb: :D

but i didn't say it was the fastest.... i will try to slow down long enough so you can see my spectre logo this summer.. :D :evilb: :D

IceAngel 03-07-2005 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by pwrquest380
hello,

I heard on the other sites that this board has a lot of negetivity and people who bash others.

WELCOME!!! Gotta love the new members! Let me ask you a question....What is negative about fast boats, hot women, and some even hotter men????? I see no negativity in our little world ;)

Hope you stay for a while ;)

Terra

twin screws 03-07-2005 07:18 PM

Sean H, Which Spectre do you have? A buddy of mine just ordered the new 32. Great boats.

Sean H 03-07-2005 07:19 PM

i have a 30 w/ 500's...

Waterfoul 03-07-2005 07:22 PM

I can tell you that I frequent a LOT of other sites (boats, snowmobiles, cars, trucks) and there is a LOT less "Bashing" as you stated it on this site than most others. The moderators here are LONG time members and don't put up with too much crap before they step in... I tend to avoid the political and religious threads so I don't get banned!! LOL!!!

If you want some good bashing sites, check out some snowmobile sites once.... cat pounces on Doo, Polaris crushing Yamaha, your sled sucks and I don't know why you ever bought it, etc.... Things can get out of hand real quick!!

Welcome and have fun!

'Foul

masher44 03-07-2005 07:25 PM

[QUOTE=pwrquest380]hello,

What are the generally feelings here? I would like to know before i pay for a membership. LOL

I am glad to give this trial a shot, I boat out of st clair michigan, actually port huron most of the time, any other members from that area?

I hope that any girls I meet on this site don't have crabs, I am new to the whole internet dating boat sites....seems real neat![/QUOTE]

Stay away from:
JC Perf
Sean H
craig223

Be nice to:
Troutly

Dont listen to:
Hydrocruiser
Fund Razor

Get your posts ba$tardized by:
everyone :D :D

Waterfoul 03-07-2005 07:27 PM

masher, define "ba$tardized"

:drink:

Dono 03-07-2005 07:53 PM

Hello and welcome,
I boat between lake st.clair and Lexington most of the time. There are a bunch of people on here from the same area. However, I will warn you that this site is addicting. :drink: I've been here since the begining, took me a while to join since i mostly lurk but i've learned a lot and I love my POWERPLAY :eek: :evilb: See ya on the water.

mkramer 03-07-2005 07:55 PM

I was just checking out a sweet Presidential Rolex????? :D :D :evilb: :evilb:

Sean H 03-07-2005 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by masher44

Stay away from:
JC Perf
Sean H
craig223

Be nice to:
Troutly

Dont listen to:
Hydrocruiser
Fund Razor

whatever JC got he said came from you... and he also told me that you probably need to go to the clinic and get that rash checked out you guys were sharing in miami... :D

Scott 03-07-2005 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mkramer

I was just checking out a sweet Presidential Rolex????? :D :D :evilb: :evilb:

I got the PM you will hear from me tomorrow!

Did it look like this :evilb:

mkramer 03-07-2005 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Scott
I got the PM you will hear from me tomorrow!

Did it look like this :evilb:

That's the one..... :eek: :eek: :evilb: :evilb:

dykstra 03-07-2005 08:35 PM

Sean H that is the best list!!lmao :drink:

Racegirl3 03-07-2005 08:39 PM

Sean H - you got #7 half right ... btw Fords suck :rolleyes:

Welcome new guy :D

masi242 03-07-2005 08:43 PM

Just what Sean H said, this is a great place for info and fun and along the way you will meet some great people.

OK, now fork over the cash :evilb:

Sean H 03-07-2005 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Sean H - you got #7 half right ... btw Fords suck :rolleyes:

Welcome new guy :D

i forgot to add that the #6 car rules..... but we can't get into nascar, that is politics in the south.... :D :evilb:

Playn 03-07-2005 08:58 PM

welcome to the board! Lots of Michigan members around here.

R Addiction 03-07-2005 09:03 PM

Welcome....Don't take anything seriously around here especially if it's from Stecz!! Aka: Mr. Blunderful :rolleyes:

stecz20 03-07-2005 09:13 PM

my words have been spoken..

yes, i am Mr. Wonderful...

JCPERF 03-07-2005 09:20 PM

I Welcome you .Now lets start the sh1t talking. :evilb: :D

masher44 03-07-2005 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
whatever JC got he said came from you... and he also told me that you probably need to go to the clinic and get that rash checked out you guys were sharing in miami... :D

He was flushing a motor he brought with him and some of that lovely clean Long Island Sound water got on my skin..... :evilb:

stecz20 03-07-2005 09:24 PM

what a greeting for this guy. good thing i stepped up and brought up the class level. i am a classy guy, but you clowns already know that.... stecz

masher44 03-07-2005 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I Welcome you .Now lets start the sh1t talking. :evilb: :D

Ok... Powerquest boats suck.... :D :evilb:

JCPERF 03-07-2005 09:31 PM

He was flushing a motor he brought with him and some of that lovely clean Long Island Sound water got on my skin..... :evilb:

Im a south shore boater.Thats where the sewage and hyperdermic needles are. :evilb: :evilb: :eek:

JCPERF 03-07-2005 09:31 PM

I agree. :D So do Spectre cats. :evilb: :evilb:

KeyDesigns 03-07-2005 09:36 PM

Welcome to OSO! We are recent new members too. The members have been very nice and it is a cool website. We are from Michigan originally too and I know alot of members are from around St. Clair Shores. Enjoy! Where abouts do you keep your boat?

Originally Posted by pwrquest380
hello,

I hope this is a great place to spend the of season, I am new to this whole internet boat sites....seems real neat!

PWRQWST 03-07-2005 10:06 PM

pwrquest380
Welcome to OSO it is a great site and alot of fun to visit when it is cold outside. You might as well pay for a membership heck it is only 20 to 25 gallons of fuel. :D By the way I take it you own a PQ 380, give us the states on it. Mine came from up that way itself, seems like a nice area.
Talk to you soon.

Rich

R Addiction 03-07-2005 10:08 PM

Fallin' out of my chair!!!! :D This is the way it happens most of the time.......you are being initiated!! :rolleyes: :D

IDRPSTF 03-07-2005 10:18 PM

One other thing. Whenever you hear of a boating accident. Immediatly get on this site and speculate... Thats right, speculate. Talk as if you designed the boat, built the boat, new the driver, talk with that family, pull everyone to shore, headed the investigation, and found certain blame... this especially goes for stepped hulls and cats.

Post lots of picks.

Add 7 mph to your boat when talking abot it on this board.

Threaten Packenair!

Join SCOPE (I dont care if you dont boat in SOCAL... We are just better is all).

Dont comment about Norty's height (He is a madman with photoshop and will add your picture to something you will not want it added to).

Dont disagree with WASABE (She has pull with the big boys)

And it is customary for newbies to send $100.00 cash to a ranome member who's screenname is hard to understand.

Welcome!

Wasabe 03-07-2005 11:09 PM

Welcome to the board. Sean H has it right except it's Cigs and GMC Duramax :evilb:

Photoshop is very handy to have if you join OSO.

Wasabe 03-07-2005 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
One other thing. Whenever you hear of a boating accident. Immediatly get on this site and speculate... Thats right, speculate. Talk as if you designed the boat, built the boat, new the driver, talk with that family, pull everyone to shore, headed the investigation, and found certain blame... this especially goes for stepped hulls and cats.

Post lots of picks.

Add 7 mph to your boat when talking abot it on this board.

Threaten Packenair!

Join SCOPE (I dont care if you dont boat in SOCAL... We are just better is all).

Dont comment about Norty's height (He is a madman with photoshop and will add your picture to something you will not want it added to).

Dont disagree with WASABE (She has pull with the big boys)

And it is customary for newbies to send $100.00 cash to a ranome member who's screenname is hard to understand.

Welcome!

Hey Matt,
I look forward to meeting you. I'll be wearing my rose colored glasses.

Ciao

hp500efi 03-08-2005 05:35 AM

:drink: :drink: Welcome and enjoy!

Get into the PQ section and tell us alittle bit about your boat :)

oh,,,this is the ORIGINAL and BEST site around....period.

OldSchool 03-08-2005 06:40 AM

I hope that any girls I meet on this site don't have crabs, I am new to the whole internet dating boat sites....seems real neat![/QUOTE]

Stay away from:
JC Perf
Sean H
craig223

Be nice to:
Troutly

Dont listen to:
Hydrocruiser
Fund Razor

Hey!!!! :D :D :D :drink: :drink:

Welcome to the site

Ms PatriYacht 03-08-2005 06:57 AM

Welcome, OSO is what you make it, and I try to make the most of it. Through this site we have met a whole new group of friends who we see at poker runs, races, and parties across the country. Unil we became active in OSO we did not have many friends with OS now we can go almost anywhere and find a group to hang with.

In addition to the improvement of our social life we have bought and sold tons of parts. My husband has gotten a lot of free technical advice from leaders in the marine industry, and become acquainted with a lot of reputable marine services

If you stay a while you will find OSO has a lot of power in this community, and can do a lot of good . We helped sponsor a race boat in Key West, held a party that raised several thousands for the FL Hurricanes, helped launch some successfull new marine businesses (just ask Fred) and we even help warn people of who to steer clear of. If you're looking for a boat out of your area it always seems you can find someone local to check it out for you.

One of things that make me realize how passionate people feel about this site, is that it is often one of the first places they will come to tell of a death in their family, there own illness, and even if they have fallen on hard times. There is alway an outpouring of support and personal experiences.

Everyone kids and talks about the power of OSO and the OSO family, but it is true. Just read the threads about the parties, people will travel many miles for an OSO gathering; 450 in Key West, 300 at the Chill Out in VA, 250 or so at the Miami show. They are planning one in Philly now and one is happening this weekend in South Haven.

Like any family you will find a few bad apples, some one trying to stir the pot and a bit of fighting. But that just adds to the fun :D So once again welcome and it will be up to you what you get out of the site.
Donna
and by the way in case you are wondering that is not me in the avatar :p