Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   best 35' Center Console (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98344-best-35-center-console.html)

BajaFresh 03-18-2005 08:34 PM

Re: best 35' Center Console

Does anybody make a CC with I/O's? I love the configuration of my Cig 28OS with all the open space in it. I'd like something like the 36 Concept with a pair of HP525's and XR's so you could get some real speed out of it. Anyone else like a boat like that?

Tim G. 03-18-2005 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Rocco]

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Fountains are nice as well...
But you have to do something besides the Verados..... anything....

I have heard some good things about these E-Tecs
No break in period
3 yrs without service
Better performance than 4 strokes:
Fuel consumption from idle to WOT
Low emissions
Quicker acceleration
Less wt. (120 lbs less)
7 year warranty
Lower $

Does anybody have first hand experience with these Motors ?

Rocco-
I work for BRP, on the E-Tec program... I do dealer training and consumer demos, etc..... So yeah, I have some experience I am happy to share.
PM me your address and I'll mail you a copy of the infomercial on DVD...

I have always been a Merc man... Until I got involved with BRP. They really have a winner with the E-Tec. It really is everything you said..

That Fountain is being rigged by Billy's OB in N. Miami. I have no idea how he got the boat without mercs... The boat has a Sundance Marine decal on it... The guys hanging the motors said that the boat never had engines on it.... Strange, I know...
I'll have to ask Billy how it ran.

I don't wnat to get into it too deep here, as BRP isn't an official sponsor of OSO...

Back to the boat thing..
I saw a pile of new Concepts at the PB show.. Great looking, and great interiors. Luis keeps kicking it up a notch...
If your good...I'll click some pics tomorrow. :drink:

The old guy in the pic is dumping his other brand motors for a set of E-Tecs.. Run 'em, you'll be sold.

hpoffshore 03-19-2005 09:41 AM

92 Octane isn't mandatory....it;ll run fine on 87/89, however it won't make full 275hp...engine management will sense and compensate;at least that is how it was told to me.
Hugh/Offshore

LIOPA 03-19-2005 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Does anybody make a CC with I/O's? I love the configuration of my Cig 28OS with all the open space in it. I'd like something like the 36 Concept with a pair of HP525's and XR's so you could get some real speed out of it. Anyone else like a boat like that?

Again......CARRERA offers I/O versions of the open and cuddy.

cgarrett 03-19-2005 12:18 PM

A nice feature if you do any fishing would be to have scuppers installed so the fish junk can be washed out the back of the boat and not end up in the bilge stinking up the boat or clogging up the pumps. Also nice to get that water out of the cockpit if you get into any real rough water.

wananewboat 03-19-2005 03:19 PM

Go on to boattrader.com or nwoffshore.com and look at the 36's that Don Holtz has for sale. They are some very good looking boats. I have seen that Concept will do what ever you need for fun or fish. I talked to them in Miami, great company.

Rocco 03-21-2005 11:20 AM

I hope Evinrude has their sh-t together with the E-TEC because the last fiasco (Ficht) put them in bankruptcy.
They rushed the Ficht tech. to the market place without testing and outsourced alot of the components to low cost vendors.
I am not completely sold on 4 strokes ! I truly believe this tech. is being force fed to anyone who will listen. These things are huge and wt. over 100+ lbs. with a ton of moving parts (4valve heads,timing belts, superchargers etc.) !!
I hope it works out for Evinrude comp. is good, remember the Mid. to late 80's when Merc. and OMC where battling it out on the race course?
Evinrude will have a tuff time infiltrating the control Merc. has on boat builders. Brunswick already owns a large % of them. The others are to fearful to cross them.

Tim G. 03-21-2005 11:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
OK, as promised.. Here are some Concept pics from the Palm Beach Show.
Two different boats shown.

Tim G. 03-21-2005 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one.
Concept turns it up a notch every year... Great boats.
FYI- They're in the process of getting involved with Evinrude power... :D

Four strokes won't go away, but the four stroke mentality will change... BRP is just getting out there with E-tec, so it'll take a bit to soak in....but take a look at thir place in the market in '06....

Rocco- I got your PM..

Tim G. 03-21-2005 12:03 PM

Ya'll check this out..... :drink:

http://home.comcast.net/~xcusme/2070.wmv

Rocco 03-21-2005 12:52 PM

I hope they are successful. The last fiasco hurt alot of dealers. They had to drop OMC and start carrying Yam. and Merc. If these new motors are as good Evinrude says
-Lighter
-Quicker
-More Fuel efficient
-Less Emissions
-Cheaper to operate
-Less $ to purchase
What would be the down side ?
I would like to see a 300hp v6 e-tec that wt. less than a Verado!!!

Thanks Tim G. Maybe you could talk Evinrude into giving me 2 - 250s to test this season. Ya Right!!

Tim G. 03-22-2005 07:11 AM

For sale? No.
Rumors like that are started by the competition to try and discourage buyers... They can't "out sell" with a better product, so they dig deep and just try to bad mouth the E-Tecs.

Evinrude is no more for sale than Mercury or Yamaha is.

Ed 03-22-2005 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
At the Miami show I heard that Bombardier is trying to unload Evinrude. Anybody know anything about that? That could hurt 'rude depending on the buyer.

I saw that vid of the 'rude beating Merc and Yamaha, pretty convincing evidence.

Actually, this is old news to people in the marine trade. Marine trade publications, such as "Soundings-Trade Only", "Boat & Motor Dealer", etc., anounced that Bombardier was selling the Recreational Division, which included their Johnson/Evinrude name brands, well over a year ago. This was earlier on, in the E-Tec retooling/re-organizing...which is extensive. The whole line of of new outboard power from Bombardier is quite impressive, especially considering what they had to start with. The huge capital investment after the original purchase of OMC, has proved Bombardier's commitment to bringing Evinrude to the forefront of marine propulsion. When major corporations sell off a successful division, it's never to an entity that is incapable of growth themselves. When it happens, I don't think you will notice as much as a hiccup. Ed

jusmakinit 05-08-2005 07:27 PM

Of all the 33’plus center consoles out there, one in particular gets my vote; the Oceanhawk 33.

My father and went on a sea trial on the Ocean Hawk 33 this weekend. What an awesome ride, even in the moderately rough intercoastal today. The boat was equipped with the 275 Verados. The engines were very quiet, smooth and powerful. I have never been in a Verado boat and was very surprised on how quiet these motors are. When I got on the boat, I was looking around the boat and didn't even realize the engines were running. The throttle response was excellent. We cruised comfortably at 40mph and 4000 rpm, topping in the low 60's. All that and the boat wasn't completely dialed in yet.

The boat ran extremely well with these engines. I would've thought with the added weight in the rear that the boat would've felt stern heavy, but it didn't. What surprised me most is that the boat came onto plane without any effort or bow rise, and that was not even using the K-planes. Even with the added weight of four people and a half tank of fuel, the boat held plane down to slow speed without tabs. I am only 5'7" and I never lost the horizon over the bow.

It is also very nice to take out a boat and have a normal conversation at 40+ mph and barely hear the engines. I sure wish I could come up with a little extra cash to upgrade to Verados, but 250's will have to do for now.

I am moving up from an 8.8 Meter Fountain. As much as I love my Fountain, I am ready to move into an open boat. My father, who is paranoid on my boat felt very comfortable on the Oceanhawk. He rode in the back, both standing and sitting and also on the console seat. He felt secure on the boat even when it got a little choppy. He can't wait until I get mine to take him out.

If you are considering a boat of this style you should check the Oceanhawk out. You won’t be disappointed. Please post any questions and I will try to answer them.

Mares 05-27-2005 10:06 AM

Try a Mares 38 CC
www.marespowercats.com

JROMY 05-27-2005 10:26 AM

What is the story on the rumored Cigarette open?

Mares 06-06-2005 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mares 38 Cat take a look at the web site .
www.marespowercats.com

LIOPA 06-08-2005 09:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hands Down............

LEOPAJM 06-08-2005 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by JROMY
What is the story on the rumored Cigarette open?

Yeah ??????

Brad 06-08-2005 12:17 PM

Jupiter!!
Very Expensive, but very well made and seem to hold their value!
http://www.jupitermarine.com

BLee 06-08-2005 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ag10s
Looking to get a fast 35' CC any suggestions??

Intrepid, period.

Next?

wananewboat 06-08-2005 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Intrepids are very nice, but for speed I don't think you can beat this. www.boattrader.com

LEOPAJM 06-08-2005 01:24 PM

C'mon B .... fast and Intrepid shouldn't be in the same sentence ! :D

Whats up man ???

preblendracing 05-26-2006 03:03 PM

still cant sell that ****!!!

preblendracing 05-26-2006 03:04 PM

Try the 30010 boat show.

preblendracing 05-26-2006 03:06 PM

New idea bull****lennyboats,com

FeverMike 05-26-2006 03:51 PM

Fast big center console????
38TE Fountain 10'6" beam with triple 275 Verado's 73mph or bolt on 4-250 Merc opti's for 83mph.

fountain1fan 05-26-2006 06:21 PM

amen mike !

fountain1fan 05-28-2006 07:32 AM

tim g i hate to rain on your e tec. think you need to go to merc webb site and read RUDE awaking . as for cc FOUNTAIN !

crb76 05-29-2006 08:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Take a look at Glasstream.... Best all around CC (price, performance, fit, finish). They are introducing a new 36 this summer. I have a 32'8. It will do 71MPH with twin 275 Verados and cruise at 47-50 burning 18-22 gallons per hour (depending on load) or 2.3-2.5MPG. The boat is self bailing and will take any water conditions. I was out it 8 footers last fall and didn’t get wet running 35-40MPH. See pic below.

33ApacheCC 05-30-2006 04:18 PM

Are they stepped hulls with a light layup? I mean, how are they getting a near 33 footer to top 70mph with twins? Pretty amazing....

my boat is nowhere near that effecient...

frickstyle 02-03-2024 09:15 AM

Blast from the past. I was looking up info for my side project repower on a older 35 CC, came across this thread.

Look how far CCs have come, and how they have taken over the sport boat market as compared to almost 20 years ago....

Trips were a big deal back then!

Menage_Aqua 02-07-2024 12:09 PM

And sT@y Aw@Y fR0m V3rad0s lololol

hogie roll 02-07-2024 01:58 PM

I6 verados turned out to be a work horse as long as you kept them in the water.

cigrocket 02-09-2024 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by hogie roll (Post 4890350)
I6 verados turned out to be a work horse as long as you kept them in the water.

Sure did, I know of someone with 3500 hrs on 300's. Only general maintenance. On freshwater lake

frickstyle 02-10-2024 07:45 AM

Just got the Mercury 400s on Monday - let the rigging begin. (Pic from the day we sea-trialed it last fall - stock Merc 250 EFI, 2 cycle) (Hogie's twin)

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...3d58b687d.jpeg

hogie roll 02-10-2024 07:25 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...67730bbed.jpeg

frickstyle 02-11-2024 11:08 AM

Always loved the lines of those boats. I remember seeing one up near us probably 18 years ago? It was actually a Marlin nicely redone - seafoam green.

Going to see if I can pull off one of the old 250s today. I have boxes and boxes of parts collecting. My other hopes are that this project isn't as complicated as the Top Gun was.....

Got me a neat wheel for it:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...c7982b8652.jpg

I do like projects though!!!