Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   best 35' Center Console (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98344-best-35-center-console.html)

ag10s 03-14-2005 09:44 PM

best 35' Center Console

Looking to get a fast 35' CC any suggestions??

McGary911 03-14-2005 09:53 PM

Re: best 35' Center Console

If you can go an extra foot, it's tough to beat a Concept.. http://typhoonperformancemarine.com/...6powerboat.htm

www.conceptboats.com

I'm not a CC guy, but every Concept I have ever seen makes me drool...

36skater 03-15-2005 01:54 PM

Concept One ride will make you an owner.

DoTheMath 03-15-2005 02:09 PM

Ditto! :cool: Concept all the way!

CustomRigger101 03-15-2005 02:37 PM

Donzi 35ZF nothing is faster and dryer

CustomRigger101 03-15-2005 02:37 PM

push the gunalls are real low on a concept and they are slow.. but well built boat..

MegaByte*3 03-15-2005 02:48 PM

If you're looking for a real fishing CC with acceptable speed, then take a look at the new Triton 35 with Triple Verados.

Ten foot beam and the driest ride I have tested. I drove it fifty miles on Thursday through true 4-6 foot slop and was comfortable and dry the whole time.

True, I am biased because I am a dealer for them. However, I have drive the Donzi 35, the Fountain 32 and 34, the Marlago 35. None of them impressed me as much as the Triton.

Tom

rainmn 03-15-2005 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by CustomRigger101
push the gunalls are real low on a concept and they are slow.. but well built boat..

Is the cockpit that shallow on the larger Concepts? I looked at a 22/23 over the summer that I thought would be fun and cheap to have. After I stood in it, I immediately realized I wouldn't put my kids (1 & 3 1/2) in it, so I passed.

thedonz 03-15-2005 03:27 PM

i would go with a concept to hang out and have fun . fishing either a 36 seavee or contender all with triples will give 65-70 plus mph. if ya want the fastest cc then go with a cobra cat twin 2.5 95 mph

donz jr

Ryan Beckley 03-15-2005 04:47 PM

www.YellowfinYachts.com For a REAL FISHING BOAT the fastest, best built, best rigged CC around........believe it!

ag10s 03-17-2005 10:23 PM

How about the Monza??

Half Nutz 03-17-2005 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
36 Concept all the way.

The 36 does NOT have a low freeboard. The rest of the concepts seem to have a lower freeboard.

They are not slow either. Triple 250 mercs put them in the solid 70's.

Spent some good time in a 36 with triple 300 yamaha's, great boat.

Dan

ag10s 03-17-2005 11:07 PM

I like the Concept the problem I see with it for me is that it's too much for running and not enough for fishing. I love the Yellowfin but they're very pricey. I keep reading that the Yellowfin is the fishing hot rodder, what are some performance #'s on it with twin 250's. The one boat that seemed to have everything for me (good speed, good beam, and fishability) was the Monza. It just seems that no one knows anything about these boats.. I've started like 4 threads trying to get some info about them and can't.

Tim G. 03-18-2005 07:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Fountains are nice as well...
But you have to do something besides the Verados..... anything....

This one is heading to the Bahamas..

Stormrider 03-18-2005 07:53 AM

Tim, is there any room for a stowaway?

Tim G. 03-18-2005 07:56 AM

I haven't run a Monza yet..
But I do know that they are built well, Like a Concept.
Monza is a custom boat, so you won't find them laying around.
You know that Monza is also Motion...
Their 34 has a 9.5' beam, where as the Concept is narrower- I believe 9'.

Where are you located???

Tim G. 03-18-2005 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Tim, is there any room for a stowaway?

Sorry, I have already applied for the position.

ag10s 03-18-2005 08:01 AM

I'm located in St.Petersburg, FL

Rocco 03-18-2005 08:11 AM

[QUOTE=Tim G.]Fountains are nice as well...
But you have to do something besides the Verados..... anything....

I have heard some good things about these E-Tecs
No break in period
3 yrs without service
Better performance than 4 strokes:
Fuel consumption from idle to WOT
Low emissions
Quicker acceleration
Less wt. (120 lbs less)
7 year warranty
Lower $

Does anybody have first hand experience with these Motors ?

Sydwayz 03-18-2005 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have you seen this one for sale?

http://www.cbpba.com/forums/showthre...&threadid=1358

Owner is OSO member Spicy. His OSO ad is not listed anymore, but it is still listed as above. Its an immaculate boat and you should see the honeys that boat attracts.

Rocco 03-18-2005 08:16 AM

I think Jupiter and Island Runner make a sharp Fishing boat. I love my Concept and have had nothing but pleasure dealing with the Company. 1 st class all the way !!

LEOPAJM 03-18-2005 08:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tim G.
I haven't run a Monza yet..
But I do know that they are built well, Like a Concept.
Monza is a custom boat, so you won't find them laying around.
You know that Monza is also Motion...
Their 34 has a 9.5' beam, where as the Concept is narrower- I believe 9'.

Where are you located???

Only 8' beam ... definately more hot rod than fish !!!

Rocco 03-18-2005 08:30 AM

Tim G,

Do you have any experience or comparison with the same boat rigged with 250 Verado's ?

BlakeandBrock 03-18-2005 08:41 AM

My family has owned two concepts and absolutely loved them. Reason's why to own a concept:

1: they're the best looking center console around
2: they're probably the quickest center console
3: they can pack in a bunch of people
4: they're good for offshore fishing and
5: once again their the best looking center console around

Love Machine 03-18-2005 08:49 AM

You could also own a lengend ...There's a Cigarette Cafe Racer center console for sale in Southern Maryland. I've seen it on the water and it's sweet.

I'll need to find the advertisement.

Steve_H 03-18-2005 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Love Machine
You could also own a lengend ...There's a Cigarette Cafe Racer center console for sale in Southern Maryland. I've seen it on the water and it's sweet.

I'll need to find the advertisement.

arent Concepts derived from the 33 Apache mold?
if so , they ARE the legend. :evilb:

DollaBill 03-18-2005 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
If you're looking for a real fishing CC with acceptable speed, then take a look at the new Triton 35 with Triple Verados.

Ten foot beam and the driest ride I have tested. I drove it fifty miles on Thursday through true 4-6 foot slop and was comfortable and dry the whole time.

True, I am biased because I am a dealer for them. However, I have drive the Donzi 35, the Fountain 32 and 34, the Marlago 35. None of them impressed me as much as the Triton.

Tom

The problem with Triton is that you will get your ass handed to you at resale. The 34 Fountain w/ trip 275 Verados is a killer package. Not that the Triton is not a nice boat, but I can't understand why people are gambling with a new product at that premium...????

Brad 03-18-2005 10:07 AM

Take a look at the Ocean Hawk 33. I compared it to a Concept at the Miami boat show and would pcik it over the Concept for rough water.

LIOPA 03-18-2005 10:30 AM

CARRERA Performance Boats

Consider the CARRERA SPORT FISH 36. Superior build quality, completely custom built and very fast. Priced right too. Worth a very close L :D :D K

DoTheMath 03-18-2005 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by LIOPA
CARRERA Performance Boats

Consider the CARRERA SPORT FISH 36. Superior build quality, completely custom built and very fast. Priced right too. Worth a very close L :D :D K

I looked at these at the Miami show this year - nice boat! And it did seem to be priced very competitively! :cool:

I also looked at Solid Powerboats - holy chit! Heavy-azz 40' they had, but what a tank!! Not the fastest boat out there I bet but it looks built to ride SOLID! :)

CustomRigger101 03-18-2005 10:50 AM

the real question that has to be asked is are you going to fish off it or use it for a day boat.. know alot of people that just use the boat as a boat.. then you can narrow it down becuase there are two different types of CC.. one is set up with nice seating a rangements and the other won't have that many seats.. at best the gunalls will be wrap as knee bangers

salesmanship 03-18-2005 11:50 AM

I looked a the Triton. It's more family/cruiser/fish style than a bare bones SKA boat or a cig style CC. Seemed nice to me but I'm curious as why the resale would be bad. Just too new, perceived quality, what's up?

hpoffshore 03-18-2005 11:58 AM

We've got one of the nicest Monza 340's ever built, available.
Merc 250 XS's(2), Pirelli cockpit, Arch w/retractable top, tons of seating, McCleod Power Bolsters, MM Controls, Livorsi SmartCraft Gauges, GPS plotter,Electric-flush stand-up head in console w/shower, Great cuddy, too many nice custom touches to list, and it rides a well as anything in it's class, period. It is, I believe, the Cig 35 Awsome(9.5' beam) hull bottom with the aft keel padded for flatter ride...63-65 mph. Still on MSO. Get me your e-mail address, and I'll forward you pics...
Thanks,
Hugh/Offshore

GregP 03-18-2005 12:17 PM

Hugh's Monza is a very clean boat. Had a chance to ride on it, very nice. Unfortunately it was out of my budget or it might be living on my side of the bay.

-Greg

Spicy 03-18-2005 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Have you seen this one for sale?

http://www.cbpba.com/forums/showthre...&threadid=1358

Owner is OSO member Spicy. His OSO ad is not listed anymore, but it is still listed as above. Its an immaculate boat and you should see the honeys that boat attracts.

Thanks Brian for the kind words about the boat.... :evilb: :evilb:

MegaByte*3 03-18-2005 01:07 PM

Buyafountain:

I must take issue with your suggestion that you'll take a beating on resale with a Triton. Triton was ranked second, behind Grady White, in customer satisfaction by JD Power & Assoc. This was published at the Miami show last month.

They are ranked in the top three in terms of resale value by NADA. I don't perceive that Triton is charging a premium for thier product. They had publsihed prices at the Miami show for $169,000 with trip's.

There are relatively few other manufacturers that offer a lifetime warranty that is transferrable to a new owner within the first ten years of ownership. That supports resale value.

All that said, every potential buyer will have personal preferences for looks, style, and performance vs. fishability.

Tom

suncoastpower2 03-18-2005 01:16 PM

Spectre Power Boats will be releasing there new 34 CC in a few months.If you have seen the 24 SCS you can bet the 34 will be a winner.Stay tuned for details

DollaBill 03-18-2005 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
Buyafountain:

I must take issue with your suggestion that you'll take a beating on resale with a Triton. Triton was ranked second, behind Grady White, in customer satisfaction by JD Power & Assoc. This was published at the Miami show last month.

They are ranked in the top three in terms of resale value by NADA. I don't perceive that Triton is charging a premium for thier product. They had publsihed prices at the Miami show for $169,000 with trip's.

There are relatively few other manufacturers that offer a lifetime warranty that is transferrable to a new owner within the first ten years of ownership. That supports resale value.

All that said, every potential buyer will have personal preferences for looks, style, and performance vs. fishability.

Tom

Hi Tom.

I apologize if I came off sh!tty. I was not meaning to do that. It must be that our local dealer is crushing everyone when they buy new. I have had 2 people who wanted to trade up and were so far upside down I felt bad even giving them the numbers.

Again, I didn't mean to piss in your soup today.

Bill

MegaByte*3 03-18-2005 03:34 PM

"Again, I didn't mean to piss in your soup today"

No problem. I enjoy a good cup of pea soup!

I think on our side of the table, we always feel bad giving the potential buyer the bad news about their trade.

Good selling ...

LIOPA 03-18-2005 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
I looked at these at the Miami show this year - nice boat! And it did seem to be priced very competitively! :cool:

I also looked at Solid Powerboats - holy chit! Heavy-azz 40' they had, but what a tank!! Not the fastest boat out there I bet but it looks built to ride SOLID! :)

Check your PM's