Notices

best 35' Center Console

Old 03-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: best 35' Center Console

I hope they are successful. The last fiasco hurt alot of dealers. They had to drop OMC and start carrying Yam. and Merc. If these new motors are as good Evinrude says
-Lighter
-Quicker
-More Fuel efficient
-Less Emissions
-Cheaper to operate
-Less $ to purchase
What would be the down side ?
I would like to see a 300hp v6 e-tec that wt. less than a Verado!!!

Thanks Tim G. Maybe you could talk Evinrude into giving me 2 - 250s to test this season. Ya Right!!
Old 03-22-2005, 07:11 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

For sale? No.
Rumors like that are started by the competition to try and discourage buyers... They can't "out sell" with a better product, so they dig deep and just try to bad mouth the E-Tecs.

Evinrude is no more for sale than Mercury or Yamaha is.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 03-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up Re: best 35' Center Console

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
At the Miami show I heard that Bombardier is trying to unload Evinrude. Anybody know anything about that? That could hurt 'rude depending on the buyer.

I saw that vid of the 'rude beating Merc and Yamaha, pretty convincing evidence.
Actually, this is old news to people in the marine trade. Marine trade publications, such as "Soundings-Trade Only", "Boat & Motor Dealer", etc., anounced that Bombardier was selling the Recreational Division, which included their Johnson/Evinrude name brands, well over a year ago. This was earlier on, in the E-Tec retooling/re-organizing...which is extensive. The whole line of of new outboard power from Bombardier is quite impressive, especially considering what they had to start with. The huge capital investment after the original purchase of OMC, has proved Bombardier's commitment to bringing Evinrude to the forefront of marine propulsion. When major corporations sell off a successful division, it's never to an entity that is incapable of growth themselves. When it happens, I don't think you will notice as much as a hiccup. Ed
Old 05-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of all the 33’plus center consoles out there, one in particular gets my vote; the Oceanhawk 33.

My father and went on a sea trial on the Ocean Hawk 33 this weekend. What an awesome ride, even in the moderately rough intercoastal today. The boat was equipped with the 275 Verados. The engines were very quiet, smooth and powerful. I have never been in a Verado boat and was very surprised on how quiet these motors are. When I got on the boat, I was looking around the boat and didn't even realize the engines were running. The throttle response was excellent. We cruised comfortably at 40mph and 4000 rpm, topping in the low 60's. All that and the boat wasn't completely dialed in yet.

The boat ran extremely well with these engines. I would've thought with the added weight in the rear that the boat would've felt stern heavy, but it didn't. What surprised me most is that the boat came onto plane without any effort or bow rise, and that was not even using the K-planes. Even with the added weight of four people and a half tank of fuel, the boat held plane down to slow speed without tabs. I am only 5'7" and I never lost the horizon over the bow.

It is also very nice to take out a boat and have a normal conversation at 40+ mph and barely hear the engines. I sure wish I could come up with a little extra cash to upgrade to Verados, but 250's will have to do for now.

I am moving up from an 8.8 Meter Fountain. As much as I love my Fountain, I am ready to move into an open boat. My father, who is paranoid on my boat felt very comfortable on the Oceanhawk. He rode in the back, both standing and sitting and also on the console seat. He felt secure on the boat even when it got a little choppy. He can't wait until I get mine to take him out.

If you are considering a boat of this style you should check the Oceanhawk out. You won’t be disappointed. Please post any questions and I will try to answer them.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try a Mares 38 CC
www.marespowercats.com
Old 05-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Registered

What is the story on the rumored Cigarette open?
Old 06-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mares 38 Cat take a look at the web site .
www.marespowercats.com
Attached Thumbnails best 35' Center Console-maresopenaerial-012-copy.jpg  
Old 06-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Registered

Hands Down............
Attached Thumbnails best 35' Center Console-carrera-logo.jpg  
Old 06-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JROMY
What is the story on the rumored Cigarette open?
Yeah ??????
Old 06-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Registered

Jupiter!!
Very Expensive, but very well made and seem to hold their value!
http://www.jupitermarine.com

Quick Reply: best 35' Center Console

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.