Notices

Docking lights or no?

Old 03-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Docking lights or no?

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
I always felt they weakened the bow in a critical area in the event of a stuff.
I vote NO.
I hear that putting a beak on a boat makes it a lot stronger, as well as parting the water when you play submarine.
This year I think the "critical area" is going to be located at the fuel tanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 03-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 43Thunder
I have them on the Fountain. YYYYY, can't see past the bow anyways even with the lights on. Plus I back into the slip so what good are they??
I back in also, I am putting in some underwater xenons for that. OK no docking lights it is.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by customryder
no, keep it clean... sometime less is better. you can add them later if you feel you must have them.
Thats why i am also specifying no bow rails or hatches.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Docking lights or no?

Got them on my 40 formula..the're great for seeing crab pots on the bay............or pissing off a neighbor at my marina
Old 03-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

pass they are worthless......buy a good spotlight for $50.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Well see now, I really like mine. They come in really handy at a dark boat ramp, like many around here tend to be. Grand Haven, Collen Park are two that come to mind. And my boat is small enough that I often boat inland lakes with DNR ramps that are poorly lit at best. I wouldn't be without them after having them for the last 10 years. They also come in handy when returning to the ramp on Lake Macatawa... all the shipping lane bouys have reflective tape on them and sure show up when you snap the lights on once in a while. Just a little light shows you where they are.

You must also remember they are to be used like aircraft lights.... on approach only....like when docking. They are by no means meant to be "headlights" like you have on your cars and trucks. It even says that on the switch panal for mine.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:10 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Well see now, I really like mine. They come in really handy at a dark boat ramp, like many around here tend to be. Grand Haven, Collen Park are two that come to mind. And my boat is small enough that I often boat inland lakes with DNR ramps that are poorly lit at best. I wouldn't be without them after having them for the last 10 years. They also come in handy when returning to the ramp on Lake Macatawa... all the shipping lane bouys have reflective tape on them and sure show up when you snap the lights on once in a while. Just a little light shows you where they are.

You must also remember they are to be used like aircraft lights.... on approach only....like when docking. They are by no means meant to be "headlights" like you have on your cars and trucks. It even says that on the switch panal for mine.
COme on Foul...we all know last time your boat was running light was not invented yet.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
COme on Foul...we all know last time your boat was running light was not invented yet.
Ouch
Old 03-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

its illegal in Tx to cruise with them on, only when docking
Old 03-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally Posted by GLH
That's it GL!!! Next time I'm out that way (which might be this summer... with my girlfriend) I'm driving your boat like I own it!!!

Quick Reply: Docking lights or no?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.