Notices

Docking Stories

Old 03-18-2005, 05:25 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Docking Stories

If you're gonna hit something hit it slow!

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo Nasty Boy, your brain is so fried, you can't remember that far back. Don't tell people on the board these stories. They will have no respect for you!!!!! HeHeHe
Old 03-18-2005, 08:15 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I once saw a man jump out of his boat to see a friend on the dock... the boat kept going and slammed into the dock!! All the guy had to say was.... "That's ma boat" Worst docking job I've ever seen.

Ever see Forest Gump???
Old 03-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Registered

because I start mine in gear I only have a good first try .. because going to reverse means killing motor hitting reverse and hoping it will start back up
Old 03-18-2005, 09:01 AM
Registered

About 10 years ago I was taking the local boating safety course and the Marine Patrol officer teaching the course shared a great story. It seems he has a friend who likes to approach the dock fast and slam it into reverse just before docking. Anyway he and the wife are going to dinner at a nice restaurant here in Jax on the water. They decide to go by boat. The wife is up front handling the lines as he approaches the dock. As usual he's coming in fast, slaps it into reverse to dock, which sends the wife over the bow into the river

The Marine Patrol officer said "It wouldn't have been so bad but this was the second time he had done that to her

The whole class was rolling after he told this story.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:44 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDave
About 10 years ago I was taking the local boating safety course and the Marine Patrol officer teaching the course shared a great story. It seems he has a friend who likes to approach the dock fast and slam it into reverse just before docking. Anyway he and the wife are going to dinner at a nice restaurant here in Jax on the water. They decide to go by boat. The wife is up front handling the lines as he approaches the dock. As usual he's coming in fast, slaps it into reverse to dock, which sends the wife over the bow into the river

The Marine Patrol officer said "It wouldn't have been so bad but this was the second time he had done that to her

Thats not a docking story - thats an almost cheaper than a divorce story.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GatorDave

That is awesome.
Hunter
Old 03-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Registered

it's called HIGH SPEED PANICK... it help slow the boat and make you look like you know what you are donig.. LOL
Old 03-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH PLEASE! Docking is as simple as Parallel Parking

Roby
Old 03-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Registered

I watch alot of fisherman roll in fast then slam it into reverse. Somehow they always pull it off.

Quick Reply: Docking Stories

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.