Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A BIG thanks to OffshoreDrillin (Rob) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98626-big-thanks-offshoredrillin-rob.html)

OldSchool 03-18-2005 03:26 PM

A BIG thanks to OffshoreDrillin (Rob)

1 Attachment(s)
Rob hooked me up yesterday by tinting my front windows and putting a "ClearBra" on the front of my new truck. This stuff covered the front of my truck and is supposed to make it "rock chip proof" :D Check out the process at www.proformauto.com

Here are a few pics

OldSchool 03-18-2005 03:28 PM

Re: A BIG thanks to OffshoreDrillin (Rob)

1 Attachment(s)
The clear film also covered my headlight, parking light and foglamp lenses and the painted part in between the lights.

OldSchool 03-18-2005 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shades the ShopDog keeps all of the "RiffRaff" out! :eek: :drink: :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

Racegirl3 03-18-2005 03:32 PM

Nice! Gotta love that shop dog!! :cool:

45sonic 03-18-2005 03:33 PM

I'm next :D:D

GLH 03-18-2005 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like that clear Bra got you to put gentelmen's relish on your hood!

OldSchool 03-18-2005 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Nice! Gotta love that shop dog!! :cool:

He kept looking at me like I was a big hamburger!!! Just kidding, one of the friendliest dogs that I've ever met. I'll get some better pictures this weekend. :cool:

OldSchool 03-18-2005 03:41 PM

I really think that this is an untapped market with alot of new possibilities. But I'll let Rob comment on that!! :cool: :D :drink: :drink: I know that he is going to meet with some Marine industry people while he is in Florida next week to pick up his Tiger.

Racegirl3 03-18-2005 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by craig223
I really think that this is an untapped market with alot of new possibilities. But I'll let Rob comment on that!! :cool: :D :drink: :drink: I know that he is going to meet with some Marine industry people while he is in Florida next week to pick up his Tiger.

Id love to hook my car guy up with them. He has several businesses goin so whats another one! Ive had my hood painted 3 times because of stones chips. Lots of semi traffic around here.

stecz20 03-18-2005 04:09 PM

i think it looks like sh-t... can he choose an uglier truck to post on oso for cheap publicity.. bunch of chevy hammerheads, rob if you wanted me to bring down my bad a s s ford you should have called me. if you want me to hang out with you, you have to at least pretend you have something going on for yourself.

rob hooked up with some serious peeps in the marine industry, im happy for him, even though he sucks..

GLH 03-18-2005 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
i think it looks like sh-t... can he choose an uglier truck to post on oso for cheap publicity.. bunch of chevy hammerheads, rob if you wanted me to bring down my bad a s s ford you should have called me. if you want me to hang out with you, you have to at least pretend you have something going on for yourself.

rob hooked up with some serious peeps in the marine industry, im happy for him, even though he sucks..

Don't you have your transmission to get fixed or something? :D

offshoredrillin 03-18-2005 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Craig, was ablast hangin out. Turns out Craig and I have alot of friends from the past and used to hang in the same social cirlcles in the 80's. Th 3M product itself has come ALONG way. It's the official film of NASCAR, and I personnally sponser Team Lexus and the Defending Rolex SGS series Champs Turbo Performance Center, one of the Porsches was here along with Craigs AWESOME truck! I do have the marine stats for the film and am moving into marine apps to protect paint and gelcoat from chips. I've had some inquiries into a rub rail for the gladiators that is clear and I"m currently checking into it, I should know in the next few weeks. The film will protect the gunwales from people stepping into the boat. If the film sctratches, it is much simpler to replace that each season than painting. There are many practical uses. Even on fords steczy, it would bring up the value!:D

Shades the shop pooch always keeps an eye on thngs :)

OldSchool 03-18-2005 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by GLH

ROTFLMMFAO!!!!! :drink: :drink:

R Addiction 03-18-2005 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by GLH

GLH, You kill me!!! :D :D :D

R Addiction 03-18-2005 06:54 PM

Offshoredrillin, Can that film be applied on the front of my boat then removed with out a big hassle? I'm towing down to Lake Murray in April and would like to protect the front of the boat and the front of my truck for the ride down and back. Can it be reapplied? Thanks!

OldSchool 03-18-2005 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Offshoredrillin, Can that film be applied on the front of my boat then removed with out a big hassle? I'm towing down to Lake Murray in April and would like to protect the front of the boat and the front of my truck for the ride down and back. Can it be reapplied? Thanks!

Yes

R Addiction 03-18-2005 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Craig, Thanks for that informative answer!!

OldSchool 03-18-2005 07:19 PM

Come on John, You know it, I know it and BajaBob38 knows it ............THE EAGLES SUCK DOG BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't win the big game...plain and simple!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

R Addiction 03-18-2005 08:23 PM

Craig, Craig, Craig...........I know that!!! Now ask me If I care!!
It's almost boating season......all other things can kiss my AZZ!! :D :evilb:

offshoredrillin 03-18-2005 11:29 PM

Craigs correct, it can be removed but not reapplied, its designed as a semi permanent,BUT removing it will not affect a factory paint job. I cant guarantee a repaint as I dont know who did the prep work. Once the film/kit is computercut for your vehicle it stays on, hence the name clear bra, the film can be washed and waxed as well. it can even be sanded and buffed using 3M trizac perfect it system. The film is 8 mils thick and has a very similar clearcoat on it as paint.

GLH 03-18-2005 11:45 PM

ROTFLMMFAO!!!!! :drink: :drink:

GLH, You kill me!!! :D :D :D

We aim to please in GM land. :cool:

Racegirl3 03-19-2005 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For Shades ..... I bet he says "fetch this" too :cool:

JCPERF 03-19-2005 10:55 AM

Hey Rob,Did you apply some to Craigs forehead its gleaming. :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

OldSchool 03-19-2005 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Hey Rob,Did you apply some to Craigs forehead its gleaming. :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

That's a natural shine, Beeotch!!!!! :drink: :drink: :drink: .........after about 20 beers!! :cool:

JCPERF 03-19-2005 11:31 AM

That's a natural shine, Beeotch!!!!! :drink: :drink: :drink: .........after about 20 beers!! :cool:

FLMAO :drink: :drink: :drink:

stecz20 03-19-2005 01:20 PM

bunch of lowlifes on this thread, me and jeff are the only ones with class.. hey rob, can we wrap up craig with your product and use him as the man of the hour for our scat party.. im sure he would like that, hes must be used to it by now with all the time driving a chevy.. everyone pooping all over the poor guy.... poor craig.....

AMERICAN BAD A$$ 03-19-2005 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gotta love the shop dogs , who else would tear up my trash cans every night for free......

stecz20 03-19-2005 01:39 PM

i need a shop, so i get a shop dog....

offshoredrillin 03-19-2005 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by AMERICAN BAD A$$
Gotta love the shop dogs , who else would tear up my trash cans every night for free......

WOW, what a beautiful pit!!! I'm lucky, Shades doesnt get into anything, he is as passive and laid back as one could get. Which is fine with me, he knows how to protect, but would only do it if needed.

But look stecz, at least he is leaning his head like you do:evilb:
and pal, just a hint, but ummm you know wayyy to much about scat parties....:eek:

JCPERF 03-19-2005 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
bunch of lowlifes on this thread, me and jeff are the only ones with class.. hey rob, can we wrap up craig with your product and use him as the man of the hour for our scat party.. im sure he would like that, hes must be used to it by now with all the time driving a chevy.. everyone pooping all over the poor guy.... poor craig.....

Love my FORD :evilb:

R Addiction 03-19-2005 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by AMERICAN BAD A$$

That is a good looking dog!! :cool:

offshoredrillin 03-20-2005 08:11 AM

Love my FORD :evilb:

Nobodys perfect Jeffy...:rolleyes:

JCPERF 03-20-2005 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Nobodys perfect Jeffy...:rolleyes:

Except Stecz :evilb:

Edward R. Cozzi 03-20-2005 08:18 AM

"FORD"...the brand for people who just don't care what they're driving.

offshoredrillin 03-20-2005 08:20 AM

Except Stecz :evilb:

And Mr wonderful will be the first one to tell you that too!... you know he goes to scat parties:eek:

JCPERF 03-20-2005 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
"FORD"...the brand for people who just don't care what they're driving.

Cant beat a Ford truck.I have an old Corvette too. :D

OldSchool 03-20-2005 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Cant beat a Ford truck.I have an old Corvette too. :D

At least having the Vette makes you half-smart!! :drink:

My Shop Dog is a lazy beeotch!!!

OldSchool 03-20-2005 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Newsflash!!! The window film is still sticking. :eek: :D :D

offshoredrillin 03-20-2005 08:31 AM

As it should, that looks like a pimpmobile now:evilb:

Poor doggie, looks like he got dragged there, ala xmas vacation, prolly kept up for a couple miles:D

JCPERF 03-20-2005 08:32 AM

Newsflash!!! The window film is still sticking. :eek: :D :D

Well go out there and throw some rocks at the nose of the truck and see if it works. :D