Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Everyone Should Read This.  Be Informed!! >

Everyone Should Read This. Be Informed!!

Notices

Everyone Should Read This. Be Informed!!

Old 03-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Everyone Should Read This. Be Informed!!

iF AS MANY PEOPLE WOULD HAVE LOOKED AT MY POST [HELP, BROKER RIPPED ME OFF, WHAT SHOULD I DO?] AS THEY DID [chips n'boats] WE COULD GET RID OF THESE DECEPTIVE BOAT BROKERS. IT'S WAR BETWEEN THE HONEST PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM AND THESE CROOKS.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Everyone Should Read This. Be Informed!!

I agree 100%. Although this a forum, and the majority use it for recreational purposes, and some use it strictly for knowledgeable information. It can be very hard when you are trying to get some satisfaction. I feel your pain like many of us on the board, I also feel it's unjustifiable what happened to you, but have no way to personally help you. If I can, please tell me, Id be more than happy to help you or someone out. Good luck on getting your boat back. Jeff
Old 03-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Registered

Tom,

Like in life... this forum has places that you might not want to go, and people that you might not like to know.

This forum is home to most of the heaviest hitters in performance boating. People who build boats, people who race boats, people who design boats, etc.

Hint: You won't usually find them on a thread called "Chips and Boats."

Take some more time and you will figure out who is who on OSO and where certain people post and where other people post.

The reality of the situation is that the loss of your boat is YOUR problem. However, there is a long tradition on OSO of people butting in (in a good way... like family) to help each other out. Same goes for you....
Many people will want to assist you and make your problem their problem.
Some people are just here because they are single moms and they are looking to meet guys with boats and hook up, or compare tattoos with other trailer park types.
Some people are kids online after school. Some have 250 thousand dollar boats, some have no boat at all.
But the majority have lots of good stuff to add to the forum.
A few have nothing to add except a weak attempt at social climbing or an occasional mis-spelled flame war.
I have a feeling that if you take some more time to sort things out, you will find a comfortable place on OSO, and you will figure out who the good people to know are, and who are the few that would be just as happy on any other forum like OffBikesOnly, BodyInkOnly, SnowmobilesOnly, NascarOnly, PeopleLookingToHookUpOnly... etc.

If you look in the right place, there are experts that are willing to help you with whatever boat problem that you may have. Whether legal, mechanical, or whatever.

I hope that you get your boat back. I also hope that your friends on OSO are able to help. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

is the broker in question a CHICK?
Old 03-20-2005, 07:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Who you callin a social climber John??? first you call me white now this, sheesh I cant win... btw...who DOES like subway?
Old 03-20-2005, 09:54 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, damn boat brokers!!!!!!!!!!! Hang 'em all......

wait a minute. Uh, oh.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ratman
is the broker in question a CHICK?
No, His name is John Perry Price
Old 07-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Registered

Well, 4 months later, I finally have my 32' Fountain sitting in my driveway, 3 years after taking it to a broker. I had to drive 800 miles to get it, but at least now when I make a payment, I have something to look at. It's in great shape, and for those of you that followed my ordeal, (Help, I was robbed by a broker) thanks for all of your support and advice. I will be posting the boat on this site for sale, I am dumping it for $56,000.00 FIRM. 525's, 84.5 mph, 1994, low hours with MYCO trailer and the boat is in great shape. lOOK FOR THE ADD IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. tOM rICHTER, hOUSTON, tX. 713-817-7620. ps. FRESH WATER BOAT.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Registered

Ad, is posted. TomR
Old 07-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

fund razor,
That is awesome. The words flow like hot butter on popcorn. NICE!

Quick Reply: Everyone Should Read This. Be Informed!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.