Notices

need legal advice about "slander"

Old 03-22-2005, 11:45 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: need legal advice about "slander"

Fund--

Your 1/4 tank post is freakkin funny!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 11:51 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I would reply to his response letting him know that in 7 days you will have the missing items in good working order, or you will forward his response to the same mailing list used originally. Passing along the facts (his written words) should not constitute libel or slander.
I'm sure some west coasters here would like to know who they need to avoid also!!!!
If he still screws you at least get some payback payments in for your troubles!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Steve_H

i dont wish this guy any ill will even after his "im going to burn everything" comment. everyone loses their temper once in awhile and regret what they say.
i just want whats OWED to me.
what really bothers me is , it would have taken very little effort on his part to ship my stuff to me. he's had it for months!!!

Old 03-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had it for months? How about a YEAR!! Send Devilman to collect it!!! Norty can drive the get away Mercedes.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by t500hps
I would reply to his response letting him know that in 7 days you will have the missing items in good working order, or you will forward his response to the same mailing list used originally. Passing along the facts (his written words) should not constitute libel or slander.
I'm sure some west coasters here would like to know who they need to avoid also!!!!
If he still screws you at least get some payback payments in for your troubles!!!
some of the names on the list are some very heavy hitters in the offshore community including Reeds favorite guy

Old 03-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Registered

To be honest.... I have some stuff that I told a guy in Canada that bought my boat I would send to him. But it's stuff I found after the sale, things that he didn't know I had, and were NOT part of the sale. I just figured he could use them more than I, so a couple months ago I told him what I had.

He probably thinks I am a jerk. But I have been busy, and still intend to ship him his box of 1979 wellcraft crap before the season gets going.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Registered

Getting involved wit the courts and lawyers (aka shysters) is a recipe for financial ruin. They have so much control that can even sue you if you file a complaint with the Bar association--and try to find a lawyer that will admit that another lawyer committed malpractice--forget finding one that will sue another lawyer.

Just tell the story and "git 'r done"--you'll waste years and get NOTHING in return from courts or legal action.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:56 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
What's even funnier, he admitted to owing the items in his email. So libel/slander appears out of the question. He showed how he treats his customer.

Send a reply indicating that you will be happy to forward his reply to that entire list unless he plans to send you the items he indicated he owes you. Provide a deadline for his response. Be careful, my comment above could be construed as extortion. Check with the attorneys first.
Threatening not to take criminal action in exchange for payment (even if it is already owed to you) would in fact be against the law. Be careful.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 03-22-2005, 02:58 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Poorsche
Getting involved wit the courts and lawyers (aka shysters) is a recipe for financial ruin. They have so much control that can even sue you if you file a complaint with the Bar association--and try to find a lawyer that will admit that another lawyer committed malpractice--forget finding one that will sue another lawyer.

Just tell the story and "git 'r done"--you'll waste years and get NOTHING in return from courts or legal action.
Damn. Which lawyer took a dump in your Wheaties this morning?

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 03-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Typical..... What is it with the jack asses out on the left coast that live beond thier means, screw people then think it is our responsibility to let it slide when they screw us?

Jon

Quick Reply: need legal advice about "slander"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.