Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How Does a 32' Skater Handle? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99403-how-does-32-skater-handle.html)

LEOPAJM 03-30-2005 07:32 AM

Re: How Does a 32' Skater Handle?

Originally Posted by lucky strike
How does a 32' Skater handle 3-5's in (ocean chop)? How fast can you run comfortably in those conditions?

Hey Bobby ... if you want a good answer to this question .... probably the best person to ask is Parnell (N/K) ... I believe his current ride of choice will give you a hint about what his answer will be ...

WesSmith 03-30-2005 07:47 AM

The Skater for sale in the classifieds ( page 2 - " Perfect 10 " )
is the only 32 I've been on and it was an absolutely awesome ride....we were in 2 - 3's and it was no problem.

Boat ran like a dream......

Byrdman 03-30-2005 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Hey Bobby ... if you want a good answer to this question .... probably the best person to ask is Parnell (N/K) ... I believe his current ride of choice will give you a hint about what his answer will be ...

Really..thats what he went to?? Whats that tell ya, tired of getting blown off at 100! :D

LEOPAJM 03-30-2005 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Byrdman
Really..thats what he went to?? Whats that tell ya, tired of getting blown off at 100! :D

Nope .... he HAD a 32 Shater ... then went TO the 41 ! :cool:

otis311 03-30-2005 12:32 PM

Bobby, I dont think you will get the ride of a Cig out of any cat running in the seas that you run in. I might be wrong, but I do believe you have to really air out a cat to get it to fly over the waves, meaning that if you want it to handle the true 4-5' waves you have to be running hard, not a cruise speed. I have minimal expierence in Cats, but plenty in Cigs, and I dont think you are going to enjoy your Sunday outings in anything less than a Cig. That is serious water that you boat in. It costs a ton of money to have a wave crusher that does 100 mph. If I had my choice of a slower Cig that can handle the big water or a cat that you have to pick and choose your days when you can run it flat out, Id take the Cig everytime.

Im not knocking cats at all, Its just that you have to have a big, big budget to run a big enough cat to handle the waters that you run in comfortably

My own humble opinion

Bob

thedonz 03-30-2005 06:22 PM

bobby ya should know that a 32 skater can't run that well in 3-5 real swells. but who cares it's not like you guys ride in those swells any way
:evilb:
donzjr mike

Sean H 03-30-2005 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tim G.

Cats are lake boats :rolleyes:

that ought to stir the pot a little...... :D :evilb: :D

44MTI 03-30-2005 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Bobby,
This isn't a lake here buddy...
You'd need a much bigger cat to really run here...
Tell dad to price insurance on cats here..then on a TG... It could be $500 more/month!
And you'd need serios modifications to the baot lift at the house...

Cats are lake boats :rolleyes:

How 'bout lookin at a 41 Apache??? That'll git 'er done...

Spoken like a man who has never owned a real cat.

apache21 03-30-2005 08:21 PM

Bobby, My advice to you is ride in a 32 Skater and any other cat you get a chance to ride in. I have friends that have had 42 fountains, Cigs, Outerlimits. And they have all switched to MTI"S, Nortechs and Skaters. BTW I think you need Beyond Reason. Buy it if you don't like it you will never have a hard time selling her.

44MTI 03-30-2005 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
Exactly. He's probly right on the insurance though. :mad: I've heard 120mph cat insurance is impossible to get. True?

Very true, Unfortunatly. I think randy has something cookin with the Ins that will allow his boats up to 150ish but with a 10% deductable, and possible other clauses.