How Does a 32' Skater Handle? >

How Does a 32' Skater Handle?

Notices

How Does a 32' Skater Handle?

Old 03-30-2005, 10:00 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How Does a 32' Skater Handle?

5-10% on the school hopefully... at least from markel.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Bobby,

Cats are lake boats

How 'bout lookin at a 41 Apache??? That'll git 'er done...
Usually posted by those that don't run cats. The only time we were able to lap the Virgin 38TS was when it was rough, in calm water we couldn't get around on him. We were running a 36 Skater 500s with #6s. A Skater will out run any V-bottom in the rough.

Otis was right about 1 thing, you need to run them. Cats will ride much better at speed but then only a V bottom guy would complain that you can't go slow So if you run with Vs you can't slow down for them.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Usually posted by those that don't run cats. The only time we were able to lap the Virgin 38TS was when it was rough, in calm water we couldn't get around on him. We were running a 36 Skater 500s with #6s. A Skater will out run any V-bottom in the rough.

Otis was right about 1 thing, you need to run them. Cats will ride much better at speed but then only a V bottom guy would complain that you can't go slow So if you run with Vs you can't slow down for them.
How fast is the 36' with 500EFI and #6 drives?

LS JR.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:23 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

How fast is the 36' with 500EFI and #6 drives?

Runs 100-110 and wil run right over 3-5s probably the ultimate pleasure boat if you don't need a cabin.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk to yahoo about the skater... he has had a few 36's...had one with 500 or 525's and #6's
Old 03-31-2005, 10:31 AM
Registered

i think this is what you should get. and then give me a ride in.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-4838.html

I'd want something bigger then a 32 for a 3-5 sloppy messy chop like we get sometimes in s. florida. in rolling 3-5's it shoudl run over 100 though depending on power and trim.
I also reccomend taking Tres' class. SHould get you a break on our ins and teach you some new tricks, especially if new to cats. If your willing to go up to a 36, itll be worth it to call Randy Sweers and check out the nor-techs. Im sure a new one with 525's is still cheaper then used 36 skaters, although may be a little slower, but have a cabin, head, lots of cockpit room etc. Good luck on your search and purchase.
see at shooters
-Rick
Old 03-31-2005, 11:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
i think this is what you should get. and then give me a ride in.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-4838.html

I'd want something bigger then a 32 for a 3-5 sloppy messy chop like we get sometimes in s. florida. in rolling 3-5's it shoudl run over 100 though depending on power and trim.
I also reccomend taking Tres' class. SHould get you a break on our ins and teach you some new tricks, especially if new to cats. If your willing to go up to a 36, itll be worth it to call Randy Sweers and check out the nor-techs. Im sure a new one with 525's is still cheaper then used 36 skaters, although may be a little slower, but have a cabin, head, lots of cockpit room etc. Good luck on your search and purchase.
see at shooters
-Rick
Thanks Rick. We don't want a cabin though, that is why we aren't looking at Nor-Tech's. Are you going to be down here anytime soon? We would consider a 36' Skater but haven't seen any with stock power except the one in NJ.

Bobby
Old 03-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
We don't want a cabin though, that is why we aren't looking at Nor-Tech's. We would consider a 36' Skater but haven't seen any with stock power except the one in NJ.

Bobby
Sounds like you have raised your boat budget significantly. Congrats on selling the Gun.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Sounds like you have raised your boat budget significantly. Congrats on selling the Gun.
Thanks buddy. We really haven't decided on whether we want a T/S Top Gun or a 32' Skater. Just worried if Cat can handle the big Atlantic Ocean water.

Bobby

Last edited by lucky strike; 03-31-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:54 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jesse James
I always look at lap time of superstock and f-2 when I play this mind game......so if a 30 outboard cat (light) can average what a 38 v-bottom IO (much heavier) can then my useless commonsense leads me to believe the cat is the anwser.......If I lived in S. FL it would either be a Sportfish or a 30-32 cat with OB's (if I could afford one) my choice for that price budget would be the 32 pleasure from doug wright and second would be the 30 amt..........

good point..... i don't have any problems passing bigger vees (35-38') at LOTO with my smaller cat (30')

Quick Reply: How Does a 32' Skater Handle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.