Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tiger in MD now (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99586-tiger-md-now.html)

offshoredrillin 03-31-2005 12:06 PM

Tiger in MD now

3 Attachment(s)
Well the trip went off without a hitch other than me feeling like ass from this crappy weather. Left on Wed the 23rd at 430 AM and hit FLA in 10 hours, Stayed outside Orlando, before heading to Bradenton. Got into Bradenton, visited with my grandmother then went to Myco to see the setup and to discuss, putting film on the trailers to protect the paint. Met Bill and Don and Amanda, who handled the sale so cool, and got to see my trailer. Needless to say anyone that is thinking going with anything other than a myco should rethink it. Its Worth EVERY penny of the price to have that secure feeling. When we went to load the boat, it sat right in the trailer as it should, everything was distributed perfectly.
then I left Myco on Fri morning to FT myers to meet with Terry at Nor-tech..WOW, what an amazing place they have. The attention to detail that they give and the concern that Nils and Terry give their boats is impressive. I'll be heading back down in a few weeks with my designer, I think we have the right film and patterns to protect the sides of the new boats and will design them for the current models out. Once the patterns are done, if all goes well, protection kits can be purchased directly from Nor-tech. More details on that as they develop.
From there I got to drive across alligator alley to Ft Lauderdale to hook up with Victor, while driving across I saw "Rocketman" outerlimits heading west on 75.
Got into Boca, called Victor and met him and finally got to see the boat, they had it waiting out on a rack and it was even better in person, the size alone on rack out of the water is breathtaking. victor and I got to hang out for a couple hours and he showed me around the boat pointing little things out, and just letting me in on the details. The guys at the marina were awesome and mentioned how much they liked taking care of it, so that was a good feeling as well.
Hooked up with a buddy later on on Fri and just hung out for the weekend, heading out to eat and relaxing as I was still getting over being sick. Scored a room on the beach for just over 100 bucks a night and just relaxed.
Left early on Mon for the trip back, was a little worried about getting out of the marina with my hoopty being lowered and all, but it was great and rode like a dream, found myself doing 75-80 whole way back got decent mileage for a gas 496. It was nice to have people come up and ask about it and talk at all my stops on the way back, just over 2800 miles in 6 days and it was like I wasn't hauling anything. The only problem I had was in my own neighborhood, the streets are too narrow to make the cut, so I'm off to either find storage, or a good marina, talked with Ted and Hugh and have some good leads, don't really feel like plunking down another 4 grand, but toys are fun.
Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet Ed and Melanie from Beacon, but I will in a few weeks when I get back down, I promise, being sick kicked me in the butt, so it was probably better. It was a pleasure to meet Victor, it's good to know that we will be friends , a real class act (no GL, he wouldn't throw Courtney in the deal I tried:)) here is a few pics... Thanks again to everyone that helped me, I have a grin a mile wide now...Rob

offshoredrillin 03-31-2005 12:07 PM

Re: Tiger in MD now

2 Attachment(s)
couple more pics

stecz20 03-31-2005 12:11 PM

looks great rob, congratulations on the rig.. the only thing i would change is that punk ass rig your puling it with.. what a shame that gorgeous rig getting pulled down the highway by a chevy.. boat looks great.. now you just have to move your driveway...lol.. stecz

offshoredrillin 03-31-2005 12:18 PM

lol oh stezcy, I'll race my punk rig with yours any day:D, your pal Rob

t500hps 03-31-2005 12:40 PM

SWEET!!!!!! I wish I knew you were passing through town, I would have stood on the side of 95 can watched it go by. :D

stecz20 03-31-2005 01:30 PM

ill race ya, only to 85.... lol you big hick...

OldSchool 03-31-2005 02:26 PM

Congrats Rob!!! Boat (and Truck :evilb: :evilb: ) look great. You need to get a receiver that will raise the front of the trailer up a little bit!!

I take that the boat wouldn't fit in your driveway :(

offshoredrillin 03-31-2005 02:38 PM

Nope, I can get it halfway backed in, but the streets are too narrow. been makin calls, i have a few diff options, I'm checking on storage and ramps at local marinas, also some lift slips that are ranging from 4-5k, and storage at a locked facility and trailering, hell I have a great trailer for it, I'm not ashamed to use it:D. Thats a reversed 8 inch receiver on there, i may air bag the rear or put one of the leaves back in to raise it up some more. It trailered great and never scraped once. only problem was the narrow streets:(

WildWarrior 03-31-2005 03:09 PM

Sweet boat , congratulations!
We will be out of Tome's this season with our Gun and I still have my lift slip at Lee,s Marina by the Naughty Goose on the North East River with trailer storage avalible I think I paid $3000 to $ 3500 a season.
Let me know or call Lee's if interested, I'm sure we will see you some where on the bay this spring, enjoy that bad boy!

drypipetiger 03-31-2005 03:17 PM

Rob, Congrats on getting it home.... Looks great on the new Myco....

Hope to see it in person at Gl's Milk Run on Lake Champlain, June 11...... :drink::drink:

offshoredrillin 03-31-2005 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by WildWarrior
Sweet boat , congratulations!
We will be out of Tome's this season with our Gun and I still have my lift slip at Lee,s Marina by the Naughty Goose on the North East River with trailer storage avalible I think I paid $3000 to $ 3500 a season.
Let me know or call Lee's if interested, I'm sure we will see you some where on the bay this spring, enjoy that bad boy!

Definatly give me the info on lee's, Im not too familiar with the northern part of the bay except for fairlee:drink:, I'll be all over have boat will travel.

JPD Motorsports 03-31-2005 04:04 PM

Offshoredrillin, My dually is low likes yours and I run the tow bags in the rear, defenatly keeps it level. Those wheels don't look like a brentzwheel more like alcoas, not yet receive them? Tje boat and truck look good together.(better than a ford towing it)

offthefront 03-31-2005 04:37 PM

Hey Rob .....truck is SWEET ....... nice boat too ..... :D

offshoredrillin 03-31-2005 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hard On
Offshoredrillin, My dually is low likes yours and I run the tow bags in the rear, defenatly keeps it level. Those wheels don't look like a brentzwheel more like alcoas, not yet receive them? Tje boat and truck look good together.(better than a ford towing it)

Thanks guys, I am happy with the look of them together:D
I havent dropped the money for brents yet, I talked with him in nov in vegas, but have been so slammed getting this together, I put it on the back burner, I will later this summer though. Who do ya have the bags from, I'm not going to run a compressor, just an air bung, I would only use it towing, I have one compnay that I can get them for about 100 bucks...Rob

R Addiction 03-31-2005 04:46 PM

Rob, I am getting that toolbox I menyioned before. It is 54" wide but the longest drawer is 48 inches. It looks like I'll need the 30" wide film at least for the two top drawers. Won't get the box for at least 3-4 weeks ( custom built with blue handles and stainless everywhere!!) I'll get in touch with you then.

Where are you keeping the Cig? Looks sweet!! Good Luck with it!! :cool:

CAP071 03-31-2005 05:00 PM

You are a TOOL :drink:

thedonz 03-31-2005 05:24 PM

that is one bass mother but i have always wanted to know whjat's with the 88?

donz jr mike

lucky strike 03-31-2005 05:41 PM

Congrats Rob....

See this post: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=99611

LS JR.

offshoredrillin 03-31-2005 07:05 PM

Congrats both Sr and Jr, I didnt even know you had one for sale:eek:, glad it went and good luck on huntin a new one.

donz, dont know the whole story on the 88, but it's coming off anyhow, I have some plans to add some more color to it personalize it, and make it stand out a little more( as if it doesnt already) then some motor upgrades next winter.

Racegirl3 03-31-2005 07:29 PM

Your more than welcome to store it in my driveway. I wont even charge you since you pull it with a chevy :p

Looks great!! Congrats :D

JPD Motorsports 03-31-2005 07:54 PM

airlift is what I am running, also did the onboard air with it helps when it is rainning out. As for brentz I'm the same way, gotta get a toy before wheels.

Edward R. Cozzi 03-31-2005 08:04 PM

Good going Rob.
Sorry you were under the weather while here. Melanie and I will wait until your next visit.
You're right about Victor Podd. He's top-shelf all the way!

masher44 03-31-2005 08:15 PM

Sweet Dude ! :cool: :cool:

GLH 03-31-2005 08:17 PM

Nothing like it Rob hey...

Congrats and have fun with it.

JCPERF 03-31-2005 10:21 PM

Nice ride bro.And the boat is cool too. :D

Sydwayz 04-01-2005 01:28 AM

Rob, the rig looks SICK!! Congrats. Airbags are the way to go. I have Air-Lifts, and others have Firestone. I have posted a ton about them here on OSO. I would go that way rather than the leaf.

I would also look into purchasing a beat-up 1500 short bed single cab pickup to make it down your street. Stick a front hitch on that puppy, and you will be able to maneuver that thing just about anywhere.

Titan 04-01-2005 05:10 AM

Rob

That is one awsome looking Tiger. And also a great looking truck no matter what Stecz says. My buddy has the same and put the air bags in the rear with the compressor that works from the cab. Great systm for those that tow with our rigs...

Congrats and good luck

Titan

offshoredrillin 04-01-2005 05:54 AM

Thanks guys, I think I have found a place right on the south river that has land storage and a ramp, thanks to Ted, I'm heading down there to check it out on Saturday.I dont mind trailering and I have the set up to do it, I just hate to drop 4-5 grand more for a lift slip. i'm going to be checking into the bags too, it tows great but I wouldnt mind seeing it an inch or two higher at the hitch. It hasnt dragged once. the beater is an idea but last thing I need is another car, 4 is enoough:D

open87 04-01-2005 06:49 AM

congrats !!! , i think i would be a little concerned about the height at a ramp though . :eek: that's low yo :D:D

OldSchool 04-01-2005 07:01 AM

Man, That boat is clean for an '88!!!!! :D :evilb: :D :evilb:

Ms PatriYacht 04-01-2005 07:31 AM

sounds like you didn't take the boat out while you were down there, how come?? Congratulations on the new ride, she looks real good

DollaBill 04-01-2005 08:03 AM

Very nice. Good luck w/ it!

offshoredrillin 04-01-2005 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
sounds like you didn't take the boat out while you were down there, how come?? Congratulations on the new ride, she looks real good

thanks, Victor was slammed busy working on his new house, and I was still feeling bad from the cold coughing stuff that was plauging the NE, being in the sun helped, but coughing the whole time really blew, so I just kicked back and enjoyed the view, I didnt want to rush anything. I'll have it out in a couple weeks here, I know the water and can get used to it..

Edward R. Cozzi 04-01-2005 09:27 AM

Hey Rob:
I was looking back in my notes from your survey and I forgot to put in something very important that might affect the structural integrity of your new boat. DO NOT PUT IT IN THE WATER UNTIL YOU SPEAK TO ME!

APRIL FOOL!! Did I get you?

R Addiction 04-01-2005 09:50 AM

Hell Ed....You got me .....Good!!!! :eek: :D

offshoredrillin 04-01-2005 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Hey Rob:
I was looking back in my notes from your survey and I forgot to put in something very important that might affect the structural integrity of your new boat. DO NOT PUT IT IN THE WATER UNTIL YOU SPEAK TO ME!

APRIL FOOL!! Did I get you?

Nahhh I already found the hole with the duct tape on it, i just figured it was a potty for when it was being trailerd:D....Sorry we didnt get a chance to meet when I was there, we will in a few weeks though...Rob

BobbyB 04-01-2005 01:15 PM

Congrats on the new boat.

lucky strike 04-01-2005 01:18 PM

The boat will be great, although I never saw Victor get it up on plane -haha :evilb:

LS JR.

pm203 04-01-2005 01:23 PM

Rob,

Glad the Tiger is home.That must be a relief.Lets all hope for a nice long hot summer.

Paul

offshoredrillin 04-01-2005 02:38 PM

I'm needing hot weather here soon, even "shades" my pitbull is wanting to get out and play. Victor told me he never really ran it hard, said it came up on plnae quickly, but he isnt the type to abuse his equipment either.