Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fellow OSOer's opinions !! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99660-fellow-osoers-opinions.html)

pullmytrigger 04-01-2005 03:00 PM

Re: Fellow OSOer's opinions !!

If you basically just rip around/day trip/Poker Run go with the Krypt.........If you sleep overnight and cruise (like I do) go with the Hustler......the seperate head rules for that................doug
both are nice

NJgr8ful 04-01-2005 03:03 PM

That Hustler's Ebay ad also claims 80mph from stock 454 mags :confused: :confused: Possible or IM ...???

pullmytrigger 04-01-2005 03:08 PM

does that Krypt even have a cabin???......Ive never seen one.

dave911 04-01-2005 03:46 PM

They're both nice boats, but don't seem quite right.
Hustler has great amenities, but silly-ass color and old motors.
Kryptonite is nice, but same size as your old boat, plus sit-down only (?), and not much cabin (if any).
Sounds like you're gonna be in the same boat for some time, so I'd be patient and keep looking.

DPT MOTORSPORTS 04-01-2005 03:50 PM

Being friends with Bern I can say that initially he wanted a cat until the insurance costs freight trained that idea. He has spoken with me a few times on different boats and if I did not have answers for him I passed him to someone that would. If it was not for the insurance costs he would have been in a cat by now if he could find one that fit his budget.

Tim G. 04-01-2005 04:45 PM

Bern- Go Krypto man... Not even Superman can catch you in that boat... :D

I'd take that Krypto over the old Hustler any day, any day.
Unless of course you hang out with Motley Crue or Bob Hannah... then go with as much pink as you can find.. :cool:

The Krypto is more money, right?

I'm not sayin' it is, but I'd expect the old boat to be a bucket of problems..unless of course you re rig/re do the boat... but your weather is coming so time for that doesn't exist...

No flippin' way with that Hustler run 80 on 365s...

The Krypto has too many things in it's favor here buddy...

otis311 04-01-2005 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by dave911
They're both nice boats, but don't seem quite right.
Hustler has great amenities, but silly-ass color and old motors.
Kryptonite is nice, but same size as your old boat, plus sit-down only (?), and not much cabin (if any).
Sounds like you're gonna be in the same boat for some time, so I'd be patient and keep looking.

My thoughts exactly. Id keep looking, both are nice boats but I think there are better boats and better deals out there than what you have found. Be patiant. You have another 6 weeks until nice boating weather

open87 04-01-2005 06:28 PM

just wait till the middle /end of summer. big fire sale !!! alot of people will be selling after fuel prices go through the roof .

OldSchool 04-01-2005 06:32 PM

Call me LS Jr., but I know where you can find a very nice 31' Cigarette Bullet!! :D :D :evilb: :drink:

Stormrider 04-01-2005 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by craig223
Call me LS Jr., but I know where you can find a very nice 31' Cigarette Bullet!! :D :D :evilb: :drink:

This is what I was just thinking...

but if DPT is correct, and you were thinking of a cat, then the Krypto is more like a cat in the way you'll use it.
Lightweight, fast, efficient, little/no cabin.
Not as fast as the cat, but lower insurance.