Like Tree0Likes

Insurance list of restricted boats

Reply
Old 04-02-2005, 10:46 PM
  #11
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Cape Coral, FL
My Boats: Renegade 32
Posts: 1,103
Default Re: Insurance list of restricted boats

That list is for American Modern Insurance Co's. Makes sense as they have been out of the high perf business for quite some time.
bob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 10:54 PM
  #12
Registered
 
BigJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Grosse Pointe, MI
Posts: 123
Default Re: Insurance list of restricted boats

They won't insure one of them Cigar Powerboats.

43. Cigar Powerboats R
44. Cigarette Racing Team R
45. Classic Airboats - R
46. Cobra Cat R

Bigjake
BigJake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:09 PM
  #13
Registered
 
eMotiondriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Rosedale,MD
My Boats: Pontoon 2002 Crestliner
Posts: 891
Default Re: Insurance list of restricted boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmken
Found this surfing today, very interesting to say the least!

http://www.sullivan-sullivan.com/pdf...T_LIST2004.pdf
This is because like many A$$wholes figure after watching a race or even a Go-Fast blow buy, then buy one. Then on there 1st trip kill, hurt or run into something. Or arrange something to happen after they REALIZE **** this is expensive.



Nobody in this era has common sense and to them I say PHUCK U numb nut's. You know who you are....

The ones dirnking and ......
eMotiondriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:12 PM
  #14
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
INDY27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: MONTGOMERY,AL
My Boats: Fountain 35 Lightning Eliminator 30 Daytona
Posts: 721
Default Re: Insurance list of restricted boats

Who has ever even heard of American Modern Ins. ? I wonder what they do insure, probably not much!
__________________
AUTOCONNECTIONLLC.COM
INDY27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:22 PM
  #15
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cucamonga
My Boats: 24 Hallett, 40 Hallett
Posts: 439
Default Re: Insurance list of restricted boats

Lets see...that leaves Bayliner...
burtandnancy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:01 AM
  #16
Registered
 
McGary911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Jacksonville, FL
My Boats: Donzi Criterion
Posts: 1,172
Default Re: Insurance list of restricted boats

Cigar Powerboats??? WTF is that??? "is that there one of them thar cigar boats?" cigar boat? Glad I only have a Donzi that rates a C

btw, if there is really a cigar powerboat company, i acknowledge that i'm an ass......
McGary911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:03 AM
  #17
Registered
 
bouyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Apache Jct. AZ
My Boats: 24' Pantera
Posts: 5,646
Default Re: Insurance list of restricted boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtandnancy
Lets see...that leaves Bayliner...
Exactly, the cheapest easiest boat to buy at the boat show.
The totally inexperienced boater can buy one of these, insure it just like there car, and then first time on the lake doesn't understand why it doesn't stop like a car, doesn't understand current and wind, slams the boat into the dock (or worse..), and makes an insurance claim.

Don't the Insurance Co's realize that the people that buy performance boats are 99% of the time aware of what they have, and are cautious about it's use and who handles it. I leave the other 1% to the guy's with too much money that should have bought a Bayliner.
bouyhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:07 AM
  #18
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
blownincome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Epping N.H.
My Boats: 2003 35 Executioner
Posts: 1,645
Default Re: Insurance list of restricted boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY27
Who has ever even heard of American Modern Ins. ? I wonder what they do insure, probably not much!
Pretty Big company actually..
blownincome is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:29 AM
  #19
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Eastern Lake Ontario
My Boats: 1989 Formula F-311-SR1
Posts: 2,896
Default Re: Insurance list of restricted boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Exactly, the cheapest easiest boat to buy at the boat show.
The totally inexperienced boater can buy one of these, insure it just like there car, and then first time on the lake doesn't understand why it doesn't stop like a car, doesn't understand current and wind, slams the boat into the dock (or worse..), and makes an insurance claim.

Don't the Insurance Co's realize that the people that buy performance boats are 99% of the time aware of what they have, and are cautious about it's use and who handles it. I leave the other 1% to the guy's with too much money that should have bought a Bayliner.
Amen brother!!!!! There are a few idiots with more bread than brains that buy go-fasts and cause problems. BUT, for the most part, it's inexperienced "Glitzcraft" buyers and water lice that cause most problems and injuries. Not single watercraft on that list .

If I had 5 bucks for every rivet-nosed, 17 year old punk on a SeaDoo causing problems I could buy MagicFloat's new 353 with 600s and realy cause some problems
ThirdBird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:09 AM
  #20
Registered
 
bouyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Apache Jct. AZ
My Boats: 24' Pantera
Posts: 5,646
Default Re: Insurance list of restricted boats

I used to always have "lake lice" follow me when I left Turtle Island. They would be right on the transom, and I know they could beat me, but they wanted to wake jump.
I always trimmed WAY up, start throwing a rooster tail, and they backed off.
My thought was - Go Ahead, Go for it, but it's gonna hurt!!!
It's just inexperienced Idiots that don't realize what can happen out on the open water.
NO, this is not like driving a car.
NO, you don't park, you have to dock.
YES, wind and current make a difference.
NO, there is no passing lane or median painted on the water.
YES, you are taking out your brand new $20,000 POS, and manuevering around other boats that are $150,000 - $600,000 - without a clue how to operate your new toy.
This isn't to knock everyone that buy's a new boat to get started.
I had a buddy that had a Ski boat, and jumped to a 32' sunsation, on his trial run he nearly hit a concrete pier, and almost ejected both me and my wife - he asked me to take the throttles after that.
Anyone getting into boating needs education - I got mine from the time I was 9 yrs old - by the time I was 11 there were times my Dad was the dockhand (dealing with the lines) and I drove the boat out, and brought her back to the dock, Dad never touched the wheel.
The Insurance thing is killing me...
bouyhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
THEJOKER
General Boating Discussion
13
08-19-2006 10:03 PM
TxHawk
General Boating Discussion
4
04-12-2005 12:53 PM
overbored
General Boating Discussion
2
08-22-2002 10:39 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.