Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl. >

Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.

Notices

Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.

Yes I'm talkin about your drives...Never hit the bottom of the boat.If you guys would look sometime when you go in there you will see the trenches other dig.It's all soft but there are spots right in the channel that are very shallow.I really don;t like to run my drive over halfway up for any extended period.You have about 200 yards of idle in this shallow.Hence my tendency to touch the prop down.

On the Booze thingy...Act like an ass and they will notice you.Drunk and falling down is a good way to get arrested out there...as is holding any type of beer can/bottle or such.If you leave a Beer can etc. in plain site on your boat they can board and look around....I've know many that got in trouble but it was for the above mentioned reasons.It is almost a $500 fine for possesion out there so be smart.I carry plenty of Liquor in my cabin but it stays INSIDE!...We use little sports bottles with flip lids and such.

Marion and Lake are the two counties that split the Glen almost in the middle.There is a sign that shows the respective sides of jurisdiction.I can't remember which county but one is far more picky than the other.We usally tie-up in the middle away from either shore and make a sortof lagoon behind the boats.Makes for a cozy nighttime party spot.

The boys also leave somewhere in between 9-10 pm.Alot changes after that.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Shorgasm]Marion and Lake are the two counties that split the Glen almost in the middle.There is a sign that shows the respective sides of jurisdiction.I can't remember which county but one is far more picky than the other.We usally tie-up in the middle away from either shore and make a sortof lagoon behind the boats.Makes for a cozy nighttime party spot.

The boys also leave somewhere in between 9-10 pm.Alot changes after that. [/QUoute]

Volusia actually has jurisdiciton as well since it is "part of" Lake George. In Marion, we only will go there at the request of another agency. DEP or Game & Fish could also show as well. The two bodies of water that Marion County is concerned with are Lake Weir and the Rainbow River near Dunnellon. Marion also only has 2, two Marine officers and they exclusively patrol the two above mentioned areas.

I can't speak for the policies of the Lake & Volusia, but as with anything in law enforcement, the attitude of the "citizen" goes a long way to how they are dealt with. On a major holiday, there should be plenty of scumbags to attract the LEO's attention. Don't be blatant about it & don't act like a complete ass, and you will be fine.

Andy
Old 05-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

I could be wrong but I have never seen VSO or the DEP inside the Glen...however FFWC is common.Marine patrol is another oddity to see there.It's the same guys year after year for the most part.They do watch from the wooded area of the park so that could be there grounds.

Anyways, Almost every single boat out there has alcohol of some sort on board...very few get in trouble.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Banned

Dean, I got my Donzi back last night, and I checked the water for you. The water is ready.
Attached Thumbnails Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.-5-26-004.jpg   Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.-5-26-005.jpg   Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.-5-26-008.jpg  

Old 05-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Registered

Argh.....My buddy and couple friends just got in the water a little bit ago.I can just imagine the phone calls I will recieve at work tomorrow. ...I can't bag on work so I gotta stick it out till lunch time....this is gonna suck

That and I gotta show a Newbie across the Lake Tomm. night.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Banned

Shore, I know you told me, but rather than look, what boat are you going to be in?
Old 05-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Registered

It's the Blue/White one....23' Bayliner Cobra.We'll be beside a big 30' Formula cruiser-Bl/Wht and a little 18' White Bayliner.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Banned

We'll be looking for you. I'm not sure what day or days we will be there. Most likely in the Minx, but maybe one day in the Formula. If you see us, just holler "Cuda". There are a lot more Joe's on the water than Cudas.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
We'll be looking for you. I'm not sure what day or days we will be there. Most likely in the Minx, but maybe one day in the Formula. If you see us, just holler "Cuda". There are a lot more Joe's on the water than Cudas.

There's only one "Cuda".....
Old 05-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Registered

How about a Boob shot?.....You'd probably notice that better.

Quick Reply: Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.