no speculation on why but bad wreck >

no speculation on why but bad wreck

Notices

no speculation on why but bad wreck

Old 04-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: no speculation on why but bad wreck

Dave Sunsation - I also have to compliment you on your involvement with this incident, and I think you guys build a beautiful boat. I am however, in complete agreement with Rippem above. Any customer who has managed to pull a stunt like this off does not belong in another 80 mph missile for a long time.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cord
Is that the corner just before one of the locks? If so, then it caught me off guard too. I remember some guy on shore jumping up and down because he was livid about my wake. Next thing I knew I had to make a very hard left.
Its about 3 miles south of the dam/locks theres a bar called the broken oar and theres a sharp lefty and a sharp righty and it happened there by the rawson bridge We don't go down river that much south of the locks gets real shallow in spots no need to we hang out on the n. lakes !
Old 04-07-2005, 07:06 PM
yss
Registered

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
what is the longest stretch of water that you can safely run wide open on the chain???? have you ever seen at boat on the chain that isn't missing part of the skeg????
Actually, Fox lake is the largest lake in Illinois (excluding Lake Michigan). I also live on the chain and my skeg is intact. The chain is a great place to live/boat. Anyone want a tour let me know.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveSunsation
coupled with Wayne's attention will never allow us to sacrifice quality or integrity.

I second that. If you have any doubt go talk to Wayne for awhile. He doesn't know the concept of sacrificing quality - everything he does is first class. All it takes is a trip to the factory and you'll be convinced.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Liquid Lifestyle

OK, so I keep my boat down river from the accident and have been boating in the chain for years.

I just thought I would chime in that the Fox River and chain o lakes are great places to boat.

Yes it does get crowded. The chain-o-lakes and fox river is per capita the 2nd busiest waterway in the U.S. with over 35,000 boats registered.

Yes, there are shallow spots. Yes, there are turns in the river.

Yes, you should use your head and behave like an adult. Which obviously this gentleman wasn't. Should he be drawn and quartered?? No one else was killed (luckily) or seriously hurt, so I am going to hold off. Should he be kept out of boating? Well, I am sure this stunt is going to cost him. I would also think it is a hard learned lesson.

I hope we all learn a little something and approach the upcoming season with our heads on right.

Old 04-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Registered

Well put liquid , yes our boats are toys but were not kids anymore and those toys can be dangerous . Do i drive my boat fast, yes but only in the right sitution , if i have other people in the boat i am responsable for their well being , thats how i look at it! see ya on the water i keep my boat at the house and launch from harmony in johnsburg i buy a yearly pass i have 1 of the only 3 aggressors on the chain that i have seen, red ,black w/ TRIMD OUT on the transom !
Old 04-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yss
Actually, with the exception of lake Michigan, Fox lake is thie biggest lake in Illinois. I live on the chain and go boating 4 days a week it's a great place to live/boat.

I thought lake shelbyville was in southern il. But i agree w/ ya it is agreat place to live and boat, i live 5 minutes from the river in mchenry we try and get out sundays i have a slip at blarneys for the races thurs nite were out then on a hot nite we after work we'll take the kids swimming up to catherne and hit freddies for a cheap dinner! See Ya on the water!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

What happened the this guys 1st sunsation?
Old 04-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid Lifestyle
Should he be drawn and quartered?? No one else was killed (luckily) or seriously hurt, so I am going to hold off. Should he be kept out of boating?
You might have a slightly different perspective if you were the one who got hosed by a 32' boat.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

The largest lake is Fox Lake and is 3 miles across. Grass Lake is about 2.5 miles across. Plenty of room to air it out giving consideration to boat traffic on the weekends. I like to go out late mornings on the weekends make a few WOT blasts and just cruise in the afternoons when it is busy.

Quick Reply: no speculation on why but bad wreck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.