Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
LOTO shootout - HELP please. >

LOTO shootout - HELP please.

Notices

LOTO shootout - HELP please.

Old 04-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: LOTO shootout - HELP please.

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Probably just the R.V. the first time. Would have to tow the boat with seperate vehicle if I bring it. (38 Formula but 5000# tow limit on R.V.)
RD: I think you're getting it backwards. Going to LOTO without a boat is not the way to do it. I'd strongly encourage you reconsider not bring the 382. There are numerous places to rent, hotels and condos, on and near the water there, and a few marina's with shower facilities if you want to stay on the boat. LOTO is not really camper-friendly, but is very boat-friendly.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
I hope to be there this year bustin that rough water
We'll have to travel together if you go, it is definitely worth the 8hrs it takes from Dallas.
We typically go twice a month in the summer so I'm starting to get used to the trip

You guys b!tch about LOTO being rough, try driving down 69/75 in Oklahoma with boat in tow
Old 04-06-2005, 07:02 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

loto=rough ???? the funnest part of the day is the RACE back to the condo...just my .02 I like being away from shooters for that reason along with there is TONS of stuff to do on the ride and at the end put the boat in the slip....
Old 04-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey BobZ, aka "the Newest T-docker". Did you find a lift yet? When are you going to LOTO? Only for the Shootout, or some other time as well? Michelle and I are thinking of making the trek this year and it'd be cool to hook up w/you guys.
mike
Old 04-06-2005, 07:23 PM
BZ
Registered

already have plans for Labor Day week-end (my Favorite) and then into the next week..

p.s. no lift yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
already have plans for Labor Day week-end (my Favorite) and then into the next week..

p.s. no lift yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday through Sunday after labor day is absolutely some of the best boating of the season.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:21 PM
BZ
Registered

NO QUESTION I love it down there at that time.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yss
I'm trying to plan a trip to Loto this year for the shootout. My girlfriend and I will be going as well as two other couples and their kids. (3 kids total - ages 8-14). We will be bringing a 22 scarab and a 26 outlaw from northern Illinois. Once there we would like to rent a LARGE houseboat as well to be used as home base (ie sleeping, cooking...). Any ideas? We would also consider renting a place as long as it was on the water or very close to on the water.

Thank you,
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bryan

We typically make the trip with a whole group of people and share a condo. It sounds like things are going to fall apart this year. None of us have boats to run which means we'll be sitting on the dock the entire time. No thanks. Do you want to take my reservation over? It's a very nice 2 bedroom condo right on the water. One cove over from Shooters. There are nice covered slips for rent. The next cove over has gas and pretty girls in bikini's to pump it. There is also a decent ramp there with a private place to park the trailers. State park is a short run down the road for a really nice ramp. If you don't want to go boating you can sit in the pool and watch the shootout!

Last edited by Cord; 04-07-2005 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

You better check on the houseboats now if you are serious about wanting one! Last time i checked into renting one a few years back they told me they have a waiting list......I wanted one for that summer...nothing till the next year avail! They told me most times people who rent these things put them selfs on the list for renting for the following year etc.....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

IMO, houseboats are way overpriced for what you get. It will probably cost around 4k to rent one. You can easily rent nice condo's on the water for $200 a night.

Quick Reply: LOTO shootout - HELP please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.