Bravo help needed >

Bravo help needed

Notices

Bravo help needed

Old 04-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo help needed

Hey all i have the normal problem of having a junk tower in my Bravo. The dealer told me it was good and i spent some money getting it refinished and i now find out it is junk. It is a older OF SN (that i have heard it is weaker than most bravos)and i am thinking about just putting a tower in it for now and picking myself up a spare Imco or some thing on that level for a primary drive In off season. who make the most reasonable tower to press in? Can i order one and have my shop do it or dose it need to get sent to IMCO to max machine? I am out of Money. I have too many things going on right now. I have been getting varied opinions on ratio and there are too many variables to spend 4k on a new drive and have it not right. I need to get it running even if i cannot use it to its full potential. Any and all suggestions welcome........
Old 04-06-2005, 09:51 AM
ali
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Bravo help needed

Mark can you post a pic of your upper case damage to help clarify?
Old 04-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Registered

Case damage
Attached Thumbnails Bravo help needed-dsc000101.jpg  
Old 04-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Registered

Dose NE1 have a upper vert shaft for a older OF bravo?
Old 04-06-2005, 06:49 PM
ali
Registered

Any help or suggestions, Mark could use some good advice on this!!!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Its about 1000$ for max machine to install tower (including tower) plus ups there and back. They(max) have the best tower,i don't know if imco will do piece work or not either. So you really got 2 options,find a cheap used one or get a tower put in,Smitty
Hey,its not so bad,thats why boaters have credit cards!!!
Old 04-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Registered

Thumbs down Re: Bravo help needed

Originally Posted by articfriends
Its about 1000$ for max machine to install tower (including tower) plus ups there and back. They(max) have the best tower,i don't know if imco will do piece work or not either. So you really got 2 options,find a cheap used one or get a tower put in,Smitty
Hey,its not so bad,thats why boaters have credit cards!!!
OK since I am not getting a response from any one here I might as well extrapolate. I bought my BOX OF PARTS form a local reputable dealer in the performance boating industry. He specifically told me that this drive was good. With out me even asking. He said it was good. Little did I know he meant it was good for shyett. I gave him the price for the boat that he wanted for it when it was with a running 454 with a drive and "personal guaranty". All I got was a box of parts. So I think I paid for this many times over already (I am sure I will pay for it in negative posts also). I have found some very helpful board members that have no reason to help me what so ever. The reason I bought the boat this way is I like to swing my own wrenches on motors and I am really slow in Jan. This gave me a project that I could sink my teeth into. I also am recovering from a broken back I n 3 spots and both broken legs from a car wreck, So, I needed something to motivate me to get me to try and limber up a little and work through the pain. Working on toys always dose this. I am not trying to be super cheap here but to the people that are trying to sell me junk, I will not buy junk twice. I do not want to slander the dealer that sold it to me cuz I am in business also; I do not have the money for a new drive nor the credit. I am stretched almost to the limit. If I had known that the drive he sold me was junk I would have cut back on spending on power. If I do not find something with this plea to the community I will just wait till 2006 to splash it.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Registered

Get a hold of Merlin 540 from this board. You will have to send him your upper and have him rebuild it with good used parts. He has done my drives and they have never had a problem. He is very affordable. Here is his PH # (513) 477-2780. Good Luck!

Craig
Old 04-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by WETTE VETTE
Get a hold of Merlin 540 from this board. You will have to send him your upper and have him rebuild it with good used parts. He has done my drives and they have never had a problem. He is very affordable. Here is his PH # (513) 477-2780. Good Luck!

Craig
His upper is junk because the tower is gone so he needs another used upper casing thats good or needs to get a tower installed which is out of his price range. There are alot of guys rebuilding drives fairly economical but no matter what he needs a upper casing,maybe someone here has a used one they been thinking about selling,Smitty
Old 04-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Registered

Merlin likely has some laying around,

Quick Reply: Bravo help needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.