In need of water! >

In need of water!

Notices

In need of water!

Old 04-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of water!

I have a single 502. I can not get water in the motor from the outdrive, water is not being pulled up by the impeller. I have tried everything. New impeller kit,checked all hoses,back flushed the inlet hose out the foot and still cannot get any water out the exhaust. I thought with the inlet & outlet hoses hooked up correct & new impeller, problem would be solved but still no water. I do not know anything else to try.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:40 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Re: In need of water!

Do you have the o ring between the drive and gimble
Old 04-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two problems I have personally encountered;
After replacing the impeller I still wasn't getting water flow, I replaced the impeller housing and I had plenty of water, the housing didn't really look worn.
The hose that goes through the gimbal assembly can get pinched which will restrict the water flow.

This may sound silly, but is the inlet hose on the inlet port of the impeller housing?
Old 04-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Registered

I have checked all hoses and made sure everything was clear.I replaced the small O-ring behind the wear plate,the wear plate, the O-ring around the housing and the impeller.I made sure the inlet hose was on the bottom & the outlet was on the top.Could it be the impeller housing? Everything was running fine on the last outing, which was last fall.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Registered

Reverse the hoses or you fryed another impeller on start up?

Last edited by FloridianSon; 04-10-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Registered

Pull off outlet hose on pump and try running water through lower unit to see if water is even getting to the pump. If the pump is pulling water up and through then you've got a blockage, more than likely at your power steering or oil cooler. You can also pull the inlet hose on pump and flush water in to that hose and see if it comes out your lower unit pick ups. It just comes down to tracking any blockages. I agree with Throttle-Up also, sometimes the pump housing looks ok when it's really not. Hope this helps... I've had my rounds with water flow on 496's.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Make sure you have the lines on the pump correct.
Are you running the boat in the water or on a hose?
What drive do you have? I have seen people with a dual water pickup bravo forget to seal up one inlet and all the water runs out the other.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Registered

It my problem seems to be from the water intake at the foot to the impeller housing. I have taken the inlet hose off the pump and ran water through the hose and it ran freely through the foot, so no blockage there. The impeller will not pull one drop of water up. I dont understand if everything is clear from the foot to the impeller and from the outlet to the oil cooler why it will not pull any water. Thank's for all the input.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Registered

My drive is a bravo one. I'am running the boat out of water and both sides are covered good. My hoses are ran, inlet on the bottom & outlet on top to cooler.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:15 PM
MOP
Registered

Lightbulb Re: In need of water!

Have you un hooked the inlet hose inside and started it to see if you have flow? Any chance your risers are plugged, I have seen them rot shut over the winter. Pull the hoses that feed the risers and start it to see if water flows if so the risers are blocked.

phil

Quick Reply: In need of water!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.