Roller lifters input >

Roller lifters input

Notices

Roller lifters input

Old 05-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Roller lifters input

Does anybody have any pics of their lifter oil spray bars?Or their rocker spray bars?
Old 05-08-2005, 02:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny DCB
What boat is it on?
27 ft baja w/ m-3 prochargered 540,i was turning 30 pitch prop.aaron and jason at max have always been good to me,i don't blame them at all. It will be a true test this year because i expect to make around 900 hp on dyno this time(approx 150 more than i had before). Smitty
Old 05-08-2005, 08:30 AM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

J DCB, do you already own the Darts? some how we always end up running more boost than planned. It's a long ride to Havasu. What EFI are you going to use?

Last edited by GPM; 05-08-2005 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any one have a web site or phone number for Manton??

I have angle milled heads and have done considerable grinding on the push rod holes to make them work. Not sure if I can grind more out to make a 7/16" rod fit, but would if I could. The deflection problem may be the cause of previous failures..

I love this thread.. so much pertinent info.. Gotta Love This Stuff!!

Thanks
Dick
Old 05-08-2005, 12:34 PM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dick,
http://www.mantonpushrods.com/
and Smith Bros
http://www.pushrods.net/
Bob
Old 05-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
J DCB, do you already own the Darts? some how we always end up running more boost than planned. It's a long ride to Havasu. What EFI are you going to use?
Yes and no.I have bare heads waiting down at the shop but I could either sell them or Gary might be able to use them on another motor.Why do you ask?So far it will be Autronics EFI,if I decide to keep the power down in the 1000hp range I might be able to use the MEFI4 and have some safe guards built in.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:01 PM
GPM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
Any one have a web site or phone number for Manton??

I have angle milled heads and have done considerable grinding on the push rod holes to make them work. Not sure if I can grind more out to make a 7/16" rod fit, but would if I could. The deflection problem may be the cause of previous failures..

I love this thread.. so much pertinent info.. Gotta Love This Stuff!!

Thanks
Dick
Mr G, have you thought about the .130 wall 3/8, or the tapered end 7/16.

Last edited by GPM; 05-08-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:06 PM
GPM
Registered

Originally Posted by Johnny DCB
Yes and no.I have bare heads waiting down at the shop but I could either sell them or Gary might be able to use them on another motor.Why do you ask?So far it will be Autronics EFI,if I decide to keep the power down in the 1000hp range I might be able to use the MEFI4 and have some safe guards built in.
I didn't care for the Pro 1s, they seemed a little light for a blower application.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

rmbuilder.. thanks for the web pages.. I'll go take a look!

GPM
No.. I have not had much time to think of anything lately.. I need all the help I can get. Who makes the .130" wall push rods. It looks like the new lifters are about .200" longer than the Isky's I ran on this cam last. So I will need new ones anyway. I had not gotten to that point yet, but was hoping to just drop them in and go.. of course I was going to check the Geometry, but had not made any moves in that direction.

So what are my options. When we rolled the heads (dumb thing to do in this century) I had to slot the daylights out of everything. So it is an issue.

I keep seeing wear marks on the push rods where they enter the heads.. couldnt figure out why.. Now I got it.. The spaghetti sticks are too flimsy for the job. I am thinking I may have room for 7/16" but I would love to use the 3/8" with the thicker wall.
This is good news.. gets me a warm fuzzy feeling that it may just work out here.. Thanks guys..
Now, GPM.. where do I find these .130 wall sticks??

Last edited by Mr Gadgets; 05-08-2005 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:49 PM
GPM
Registered

Trend makes them, CV products sells them. 800-448-1223, they work very well, ran them last year in my brothers motor. Turned the motor to 7600 with no push rod problems. 285lb seat 730 open spring pressure.

Quick Reply: Roller lifters input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.