Roller lifters input

Notices

Roller lifters input

Old 05-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Roller lifters input

I was running the Isky's with 260# on the seat, .685" Lift. I was watching the lash, maybe not as often as I should, but a wheel broke at 40 hrs. Kinda discouraged me to the rollers. So I tried the Flat tappet route and didnt find a cam that would hold up to the Schubeck Flat tappets. They looked great, but the cam noses would get pits in them. Spalling I believe on OSO'er said. LSM told me they could build a cam that would work, but that was after I got the Roller X's. I am hoping for the best.. we'll see and let you know, believe me.
PS... I won't purchase any thing from Lunati cams in the future..
Old 05-02-2005, 06:59 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Mr.G, Crower used to sell a groove lock lifter that looked just like the ones you are going to use. The only problem with them , the little bb would wear off.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Now you're trying to scare me.. I am hoping the bb wont wear off. The first design had flat spots on them and a bracket that was bolted to the block to keep them from rotating. I think Chevy is using that system in their motors.
Not sure how much time people have on these, but I have only heard one person speak negatively.. and he wanted to sell me a set of his for $1850 plus the machine work and new bushings.. We'll see. I know there wont be any trouble with axles, but after that, it's all new. Joe says they have been out for about a year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this an answer to it..
Old 05-02-2005, 09:39 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm not trying to scare anyone, I tried the Crower version they were shot after one season. I don't think they sell them any more for the BBC application. I've been running the 66291 hippo for the last 3 seasons, I've run them up at 7500 rpms many times, and knock on wood they haven't let me down. I run over .750 lift and well over 700 lb open pressure. Sounds like you have had some bad luck and I hope this works for you.

Last edited by GPM; 05-02-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
I'm not trying to scare anyone, I tried the Crower version they were shot after one season. I don't think they sell them any more for the BBC application. I've been running the 66291 hippo for the last 3 seasons, I've run them up at 7500 rpms many times, and knock on wood they haven't let me down. I run over .750 lift and well over 700 lb open pressure. Sounds like you have had some bad luck and I hope this works for you.
I must have missed something,I thought the 66291 were Crowers?You had good luck with them though right?
Old 05-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388

Why are ya going solid roller??
At first we wanted to go with a Hyd roller but now the guy that is building the motor wants to go Solid roller,more rpm and maybe more power is what im thinking.Only going to spin the motor 6500 or so,not over that though.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Roller lifters input

Looks like its time to start shopping for a good deal on either Jesels or Crowers.Feel free to pm me with any ideas of where to shop for them.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:13 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

GPM... not pointing fingers.. I hope it works too. And yes, the rollers and I have a history.. kinda ugly matter of fact.
But i hope to win this war before I meet my maker.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Johnny DCB
At first we wanted to go with a Hyd roller but now the guy that is building the motor wants to go Solid roller,more rpm and maybe more power is what im thinking.Only going to spin the motor 6500 or so,not over that though.
Morel has limited travel hyd. Set up is like a solid lifter and they will go 8K.

Chris
Old 05-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris,
Can .700 - .720 lift be achieved with those lifters and can they be run 6500 RPM safely at those lifts for sustained periods?

Thanks,

Craig

Quick Reply: Roller lifters input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.