swim platforms

Notices

swim platforms

Old 06-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swim platforms

Guys,

Do you think $1700.00 is to much money for the tubular swim platforms like extreme marine sells? My wife want me to get one, but I think the price is a little much. How much would you pay for one? Is there anyone else out there making these?

bbcngineer
Old 06-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Re: swim platforms

That price is just about right....ones and a while i see them used for 1k
Old 06-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got danas on my eliminator and it will be last dana product I buy.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Registered

Guys,

I could not justify $1600 for the platform then shipping and extra $ for a ladder. I decided to design my own and have an old friend weld it up for me. He has a small machine shop business and is an excellent TIG welder. I did not want to add any holes below the waterline so I made some plates to mount to the trim tab mounting harware. It came out really nice. I bought a stainless telescoping ladder to mount underneath. The only thing left to do is have it powdercoated. I can't post pictures on this site, but if anyone is interested I can email you some pictures.

bbcngineer
Old 06-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Registered

Guys,

I could not justify $1600 for the platform then shipping and extra $ for a ladder. I decided to design my own and have an old friend weld it up for me. He has a small machine shop business and is an excellent TIG welder. I did not want to add any holes below the waterline so I made some plates to mount to the trim tab mounting harware. It came out really nice. I bought a stainless telescoping ladder to mount underneath. The only thing left to do is have it powdercoated. I can't post pictures on this site, but if anyone is interested I can email you some pictures.

bbcngineer
Old 06-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can help.. e-mail me @ [email protected]... tried to P/M you but it won't take...
Old 06-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Registered

Please email me pics at [email protected] I need one also
Old 06-07-2005, 05:06 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had Extreme Marine build me one for my 28' Checkmate. The tubes are too close together. I cant get my fingers with a towel inbetween to clean the rungs. I also have to be very careful when walking on it, if I have shoes on. The powder coat is not a very tough surface. My friend has the plastic one.. sure doesnt look as nice, but sure does work much better than mine. I would reconsider if function is high on the list.. Sometimes plastic is the ticket..
Old 06-07-2005, 05:20 AM
Registered

Here's a swim platform I made using Starboard for my SR357 Formula--I like the look and the placement at waterline versus up by ob rubrail.
Attached Thumbnails swim platforms-swimside1.jpg   swim platforms-swimside1.jpg  
Old 06-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Registered

Mr Gadgets,

I am considering having the top surface of mine coated with the stuff they spray bedliners with. I think they make it in different colors now. The other option is the 3M grip tape. Scrab3dmc used the bedliner like material on his and it looks really nice.

bbcngineer

Quick Reply: swim platforms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.