looking for drive showerfor king cobra >

looking for drive showerfor king cobra

Notices

looking for drive showerfor king cobra

Old 07-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for drive showerfor king cobra

I am looking for a drive shower for a 1992 king cobra. If I cant find one, I will build one. Any advice will be appreciated.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Registered

Default Re: looking for drive showerfor king cobra

Not sure there is such a thing???!!! I hada King Cobra on my Liberator and looked for accouple years never saw or heard of a shower for it.... If you do find one post it here for others as a future reference.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Registered

I never heard of a Cobra shower either.

Who needs one with a 100 ounce fluid capacity?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Say what you will about King Cobras , but they have a much better lubrications system than any Merc. Large capacity and better circulation top to bottom and back and therefore keeps itself cool internally

So fuggetaboutit and just run it
Old 07-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Registered

I have a problem that when the drive gets heated up from a run of 4 to 5 miles at 3500 rpm I have no reverse untill the drive cools down and then everything works great. This happens continously every run. Had the boat to two different omc dealers , cables shifting linkage everything has been set by the book at the dealer. The next step will probably be doing the cone clutch and gears. This can be expensive without really knowing exactly what to look for. Any suggestions will be welcome. I was thinking if the drive ran a little cooler it might help. I just got the boat last fall and the hour meter only showed 50.4 hrs on it, but who really knows?It has about 80 hrs on it now.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mopower
Say what you will about King Cobras , but they have a much better lubrications system than any Merc. Large capacity and better circulation top to bottom and back and therefore keeps itself cool internally

So fuggetaboutit and just run it
That's what I was getting at.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrazyCat57
I have a problem that when the drive gets heated up from a run of 4 to 5 miles at 3500 rpm I have no reverse untill the drive cools down and then everything works great. This happens continously every run. Had the boat to two different omc dealers , cables shifting linkage everything has been set by the book at the dealer. The next step will probably be doing the cone clutch and gears. This can be expensive without really knowing exactly what to look for. Any suggestions will be welcome. I was thinking if the drive ran a little cooler it might help. I just got the boat last fall and the hour meter only showed 50.4 hrs on it, but who really knows?It has about 80 hrs on it now.
I have two "regular" cobras. I had something like that happen when one didn't want to shift in either direction. It was the ESA getting unhappy when hot.

But only reverse is strange.

I guess that you dock slow and with your bow in?

I would ask Liberator21 (OMC guru) or maybe Iggy (drive guru).
Old 07-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Registered

I'll look into that. That's a new one on me.
Even if the ESA acted up, it should still go into reverse. It might clunk in, but it should still go in. When you get the problem, go under the engine hatch, and activate the micro switch with your finger. You should hear the engine stumble, and the rpm should drop off. If not, then you have an ESA problem. When this happens, is it difficult to shift into reverse, or the same as usual? Any weird noises when trying to get into reverse?

Paul
Old 07-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Registered

The dealer that set it to factory specs adjusted the esa switch and made sure its working right. When it wont go into reverse the lever still shifts good but its just like its in neutral no noise at all. in fact it shifts so nice all the time you have to give it some throttle just to see if its in gear or not forward or reverse . Forward has never missed yet. It doesent seem to show up untill the drive gets good and warm. Thanks for your time in replying on this.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strange indeed

Quick Reply: looking for drive showerfor king cobra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.