Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Boat Broke Every Day At Lk Winni!!!!!! >

Boat Broke Every Day At Lk Winni!!!!!!

Notices

Boat Broke Every Day At Lk Winni!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Boat Broke Every Day At Lk Winni!!!!!!

Yea we are getting up there this Thursday afternoon and boating Fri, Sat and possibly Sun. Jesels are the best rockers out there.

Craig
Old 08-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Smitty---quite a story----or should I say nightmare! What a price we pay to enjoy ourselves with these boats eh??? I'm sure you may already know this, but the stud mount rocker arm system is well over a 1/4 of a century old technology. I have always been told that the valve train of a Big Block Chevy is its weakest link. I have added the Jesel shaft mount rocker arm system on my latest engines while they were being built. Perhaps it may be a little overkill----but it works for me. Hope things go better for you, and sorry I missed you while you were over here for SMOKE. I hope to meet up with you sometime---I would enjoy meeting you and I'd love to see your boat.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 821 Likes on 376 Posts

Kaama,i saw you drive by with a bandana or something on your head at sotw i think it was fri night,If i can ever get bugs worked out of my boat i'm looking fwd to meeting you. As far as your boat,it stands OUT,i seen on another post where a guy said he wasn't sure if you were around because he didn't see you,Smitty
P.S.-i met Bob Madeira (aka rm builder) and Russ (aka rlw) fri night at the lk st clair pre-race and had a few beers with them,great guys with a wealth of info
Old 08-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi smitty... sorry to hear aoubt your problems bro.. Hopefully all is well now... If it makes you feel better yesterday in the middle of the saginaw river my ignition took a ****... Was anchored in the middle trying to change the pickup coil in the distributor, with all that boat traffic LOL! was like you were workin on a rollor coaster fired right up and got me back to the dock... thats the first time my gave me problems this year... hope to see you on the river some time..

travis
Old 08-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 821 Likes on 376 Posts

Travis,do you always carry a spare pick up coil? I NOW carry a spare ignition coil,had a spare distributer back in my truck when coil burned up at lk winni but no spare coil,was still stuck dead in the water. Hope to see you on river,does your boat have a name? I got in a good race with a guy in a 38ft donzi sat night between the middle grounds and the little marina near river road,I don't think he expected a baja to walk away from him,near as i could tell he was going between 78-82mph when i walked away,Smitty
Old 08-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

smitty... I carry a spare for everything.. I always have a cap, rotor, pickup coil, ignition coil... plugs... ect LOL! this is my 2nd pickup coil to go bad in 2 years.. I always have a spare LOL!.

My boats name is "problem child"

and it looks like this
Attached Thumbnails Boat Broke Every Day At Lk Winni!!!!!!-boat3.jpg