Welcome to my Nightmare! >

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Notices

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Old 09-28-2005, 04:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Welcome to my Nightmare!

i just redid my 1987 241 liberator, rebuilt 460 and king cobra outdrive and redid interior, floor was rotted but stringers were good. 10,000 invested including boat and new tidewater trailer all the work myself.super boat you will love the ride
Old 09-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Registered

Re: Welcome to my Nightmare!

Originally Posted by fund razor
By the way... Liberator21 has been a huge help to me in the past couple years with my OMCs. Thanks Lib.
Thanks Fund, I appreciate that.
By the way Fund, you're right, Bombardier makes the replacement parts for the Cobras now. GLM also has a new set of high strength gears out. The 241 was the boat I was thinking about moving up to, except I was thinking single big block. I guess they made them in all sorts of configurations. I saw some guy on Long Island selling a 251 with twin big block Fords. I'm just wondering how much more cockpit room you get with the 241 over the 211? From pictures I've seen of a 241, it looks like you get more cabin room, but nothing much in the way of additional cockpit space. Can anyone enlighten me on this?
Old 09-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

liberator 21,

I don't know how cramped you are in the 21 but the 241 isn't as big as you would think by looking at it. It has about a 3 foot deep sundeck, a large bench(seat5?) then about 1.5-2' to the buckets and about 2'in front of them. But the cabin is huge!!

2' cabinets on each side then a large berth that you can sit up straight in. There is a ton of wasted space under the floor(who needs flotation foam ) The 241 is just a wide-8'6beam, deep, long 24' boat .

oh yeah and very heavy @ 5900 w/twin350's
Old 09-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Registered

It sounds like the cockpit area is the same size as what I have now.
From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the 3 extra feet all went to the cabin. From your description, it sounds like I'm right. The wife is complaining that the cockpit area is too small, and she wants me to get something bigger. Who am I to argue?? We spend most of our time outside, and although more cabin room is nice, I want more outdoor room too.