Going with closed loop cooling retrofit >

Going with closed loop cooling retrofit

Notices

Going with closed loop cooling retrofit

Old 09-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going with closed loop cooling retrofit

I'm going with a closed system for my boat. It's a 88 donzi classic with a 454 mag ('96 carb).

The engine has 15 hours on it since the re-man long block was put in (previous owner).

I'll be running in only salt water for the next several years. I'm in the Navy and my next orders are for Norfolk, VA, so more salt water for me.

I want to run an edelbrock rpm airgap intake too, so the closed system will help that as well.

I want a 1/2 system which only cools the block and heads. The exhaust will be raw water.

After lots of research, someone on the donzi forums suggested the high horsepower cooling kits from: performance product technologies

http://www.perfprotech.com/portal2/s...CategoryID=327

The high HP systems let me remote mount the heat exchanger under the engine along or between the stingers. I have tons of room in the bilge for that. I don't want an ugly exchanger sitting on top of my engine.

I was thinking about the 700HP system since I'm running 400HP now, with a supercharger upgrade in a couple seasons. Overkill on cooling can't hurt.

Anyone dealt with these systems or have a recommendation for something else?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Going with closed loop cooling retrofit

I have there full system (which is what you want) on my boat. They are good to deal with and were the only people that told me what I needed, why I needed it & why and how it will work.