???best rocker arms??? >

???best rocker arms???

Notices

???best rocker arms???

Old 09-30-2005, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???best rocker arms???

who makes the best rocker arms for (SUPERCHARGED ENGINES)
around 850 hp between 5400 & 6000 rpms.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: ???best rocker arms???

there are many companies out there today making rockers it all depends on your budjet my friends Rob and Harrold make what I consider the best conventional rockers Scorpion . I use exclusively Jesel set ups in my marine Poker Run engines and racing engines I feel noene can argue the fact they are the best parts money can buy period. There are other companies out there that make good shaft mounted stuff like T&D. Good luck Laz
Old 09-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Registered

Jesel.... Otherwise, the Comp Pro-Magnums are stout.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:35 AM
Banned

I'll dido what Laz says and include the Crane Golds, Crower, and Iskys. All good aluminum rocker arms. I am not a fan of steel rockers for these endurance type applications. Steel rockers amplify the harmonics and can destroy valvetrain. The Mohawk type rocker from Jesel would be your best bet.

Chris
Old 09-30-2005, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I have always been told that the weakest link in a Big Block Chevy is the valve train and although it's not neccessary, a "shaft mount" type of rocker arm such as Jessel or T&D are much more reliable, dpendable, and stable in the their design verses the 1960's design "stud mount" rocker arms that you still see on most engines today.

I don't don't know how much you or anyone else may already know about some of this stuff so, I may sound a bit redundant or elementary in my explaination. Shaft mounts cost more $$$ vs a stud mount, but with a shaft mount rocker arm system you eliminate the need for pushrod guide plates, and the studs. So, if you do the math the cost of pushrods guide plates, and studs should really be added to the cost of a new set of roller rocker arms such as the Crane Golds or Comp stainless steel roller rocker arms. A shaft mount system also eliminates the need for a "stud girdle" that is used for high lift radical cam options on a stud mount system to keep the stud from flexing. Stud girdles aren't always needed on a stud mount rocker arm system, but the shaft mount system already eliminates the need for a stud girdle as well. I guess one way of looking at is that a stud girdle is already, basically integrated into the design of the shaft mount system so to speak.

You can still use a stud mount system, but if you want the better design system as you have asked, then the shaft mount is superior. Jessel makes a couple of different designs of shaft mount type rocker arm systems. They make a Sportsman Series (for about $700) style of shaft mount system that is cheaper than their most expensives stuff for all out racing applications. I have seen on here that Laz Masa uses the Sportsman's Series style on his offshore engines as an option or upgrade from the stud mount system. I also use the Sportsman's Series as well on my engines.

So, if you do the math the shaft mount system is not that much more expensive than the a good set of stud mount rocker arms with all the extras you need with them if you can swing it, besides the fact the shaft mounts are a far superior design, more up to date piece.

Okay, here's my disclaimer---I am not sure if I have totally answered your question. I am not an expert. This is just a hobby to me and I am still learning so, you might do some more research or ask/consult your engine builder. Others might chime in here with more info as well. Anyway, have fun with your upgrades/mods.

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-30-2005 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:34 AM
Registered

Crane Gold Race got my vote!!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yella Terra. I picked up my last set when I was in Sydney.

http://www.yellaterra.com.au/

Last edited by Prater; 09-30-2005 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How much are the Jesel Mohawks? I found list for BB $2900.
But if they are the best.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cobra marty
How much are the Jesel Mohawks? I found list for BB $2900.
But if they are the best.
I would call Laz Mesa. He is a WD for Jesel.

Chris