Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raylar Injector

What size injectors are in the 650 hp motors
Old 10-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Registered

Default Re: Raylar Injector

No 650 currently made that I know of.. We just finished the install on my twin 600's though..
Old 10-17-2005, 05:08 AM
Registered

Default Re: Raylar Injector

well biggest i seen for thoose motors is 43lb at 58psi and that only supposed to be good for 550 hp
Old 10-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Raylar Injector

I guess I will give out some free information to some in the industry who do not do their own testing. I can tell you that the stock 496 marine injector with the proper fuel pressure of greater than the stock Mercury 43psi and increased injector pulse width will make 600HP all day long without problems if the 496 they are used on are equipped with the same type of systems our HO600 motors come with. We have built and dyno tested quite a few now and there are several of our HO600's in fellow OSO'ers boats making the same power. Our new 600 cubic inch HO750 496 based engine will premier this January and February at the LA and Miami shows and It will be equipped with our new 60LB/HR injectors in our new Individual runner injection manifold. (Looks just like the old "Hilborn or Kinsler" injection manifolds with eight staks but with todays 496 engine electronics. The new manifold will also retrofit on to stock 496's and Mercury ECM's for some real "Bling"
Just as an aside to the thread and Blaniacs" response, Blaniac's beautiful Shockwave- "Shock & Awe" just splashed on Saturday morning in Lake Havasu in time to make the Absolute Marine Fall Classic Poker run. This turned out to be an incredible first time event and I am sure next years event will be at least two or three times bigger. It still had some big boys there like Gibsons MTI and others. We were a sponsor this year and I had a wonderful time even though we did an "all nighter" Friday night getting the complete motors in an running with all the new systems and bling in place in time for Saturday's Poker Run. With Blaniac, his wonderful wife and daughters and myself aboard we had a great time. Bob Carpenter from Family and Performance Boating Magazine was there just to get the first hand and some awesome pictures for an up and coming issue to detail the complete build on this boat from its creation at Shockwave to its Saturday christening with the new Raylar HO600 motors. My special thanks to Aaron at Absolute and his fantistic "crew" for going the extra mile (like they always do!) to make sure "Shock & Awe" splashed as planned on Saturday AM! This magazine article should be an great article for the readers of Famialy & Performance Boating. In any event I can tell you our Raylar HO600 motors are for real and the results are just as real. Blaniac's Shockwave has a little "tweaking" to get both motors and prop selections at 100%, but for a complete poker run the first time in I am certain these motors proved themselves to be new players in the performance boat engine family.
When you get a chance to see the pictures of these twins in the Blaniac Shock & Awe" most OSO'er will say "Wow" They just don't look like the old everyday 496. Congratulations Blaniac!

"Windburned" Ray @ Raylar