carburator builders

Notices

carburator builders

Old 10-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: carburator builders

The Carb Shop does marine carbs too. I asked for a price quote to rebuild my Q-Jet. Was quoted around 200 to rebuild it.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HigherPower
I bought a modified Q-Jet from The Carb Shop about 3 years ago. It was for a street car, not a boat.
It ran flawlessly right out of the box.
The price was great.
The Carb Shop is highly regarded in the "Hot Rod" world, not sure how they would do in a marine application.
I understand about the money thing. I don`t make 6 figures like a lot of the guys on here. I am forced to shop for the best deal.
GOOD LUCK !

My point is this is a specialized modified carb. It is a boat, not a car. It is blow thru, not suck thru. Even if you you use a procharger in a car with a blow thru carb the jetting will have to be difference to be perfect. Do a search on OSO on nickerson, then do one on the carb shop. See which one apears more. Then read the threads, see what ones talk good and what ones talk bad. You can prove me wrong but I bet that Nickerson comes up the winner when we are talking Procharged blow thru carbs in a marine application. He has already spent 50K, why not a little more money and have what you know is right. I do not think anyone knows for sure that this is even his problem.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob and the guys at The Carb Shop do a bunch with the guys from Pro-Charger. Regardless of who you go with, given the problems you've had you should put the engine on a dyno to fine tune it.