insurance not paying >

insurance not paying

Notices

insurance not paying

Old 11-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: insurance not paying

got a copy of the adjusters report today ,he is an independent adjuster who works for frontier adjustors .his name iss pete kichline and apparently doesnt like boats his report contains many flat out lies and many more misconceptions about fiber glass work or damage i am meeting with the claims rep tomarrow to try to see them through all the bull this guy stacked up watch out for this guy if he eber looks at your boat
Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Email gsmith. Aside from being an Eliminater douchbag, he knows a chitload about insurance.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:11 AM
Registered

Keep on them.My wife is in the insurance business(allstae personal claims adjuster)she says that the upper management tell the insurance adjusters to lowball or deny to see what kind of reation they get.Believe it or not most people will not persue the issue.As a matter of fact I had a claim a couple of years ago.It went like this.I have some Troy Dennis all aluminum Dry sump blower motors.While running at about 5K RPM the alternator bracket broke and the alternator took out the oil pump belt and Bam!Blown motor.My wife told me to look carefully at the policy.My policicy said it will not cover mechanical failur(the alternator Bracket) but would cover damage caused by the failure.Well would you believe That allstate paid for a rebuild minus 5 percent depreciation.So look at you policy very carefully.I never thought that I would get this claim but I did.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fishead
Keep on them.My wife is in the insurance business(allstae personal claims adjuster)she says that the upper management tell the insurance adjusters to lowball or deny to see what kind of reation they get.Believe it or not most people will not persue the issue.As a matter of fact I had a claim a couple of years ago.It went like this.I have some Troy Dennis all aluminum Dry sump blower motors.While running at about 5K RPM the alternator bracket broke and the alternator took out the oil pump belt and Bam!Blown motor.My wife told me to look carefully at the policy.My policicy said it will not cover mechanical failur(the alternator Bracket) but would cover damage caused by the failure.Well would you believe That allstate paid for a rebuild minus 5 percent depreciation.So look at you policy very carefully.I never thought that I would get this claim but I did.
Iv'e seen a guy get a motor covered by insurance that pitched a rod, they paid for everything but the rod bolt that busted and caused it all.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:40 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Sorry about the delayed post. I honestly can't remember what the companies name was. I tried searching for the threads, but they must have been purged. I did buy the policy through NBOA, the National Boat Owners Association. Just remember that the adjuster is not your friend. I have only had one adjuster that was ever fair. Everybody else lowballs and jerks your chain. In my case the adjuster was allowing $30 for a reconditioned aluminum prop. Mind you this prop was to go behind a 365 mag in a boat that went 70. We ended up settling for half of the repair cost. I sold the boat broken for a couple of grand, some guy did a half ass repair and tried to resell it on the board for 14 times the price he bought it for. Strangely, the boat went faster than it ever did when I had and it now had less power! Never found out who got suckered into buying it.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is the same as a fire. If the toaster catches on fire and burns the house down, every thing is covered except the toaster. What caused it is not covered, but the results are.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:21 AM
Registered

met with the agent that sold me the policy yesterday ,the origional adjuster was out and discussed the report from the independent appraiser . how he was full of **** and even flat out lied about a couple of things . the agent called the origional adjusters boss and he is susposed to call me back and send out some one else to look at the boat .so hopefully that is a step in the right direction . I kept explaining to him that this wasn't going down like it is and they better step up twards the end he was getting the picture I wasnt going away quietly ..thanks for the help on this deal and any other suggestions are greatly appreciated
Old 11-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Registered

who is your ins. co. ? sounds like they sould be my new insurer.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Registered

.May be I missed something, but did you actually hit something, or was this just structural failure, ie: like delamination? If you hit something, this should be very straight forward. May be the first appraiser didn't look close enough for impact damage.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 32storm
.May be I missed something, but did you actually hit something, or was this just structural failure, ie: like delamination? If you hit something, this should be very straight forward. May be the first appraiser didn't look close enough for impact damage.
Same here. I did not read where there was anything actually hit. That can thicken the plot, so to say.

If it was a structural failure, it would seem that there would be coverage for repairs/replacement of damaged interior items, but there would be no coverage for hull repairs.

I'm a claims adjuster, lisenced NY State Fire Adjuster. I don't get into auto, boats, snow mobiles, etc. So my knowledge of boat ins. is limited, at best. Sorry, wish I could be of some help to you.

Quick Reply: insurance not paying

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.