Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Anyone heard/have experience with this engine builder? >

Anyone heard/have experience with this engine builder?

Notices

Anyone heard/have experience with this engine builder?

Old 12-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone heard/have experience with this engine builder?

You guys lost me! What are we talking about here a engine builder that makes 500 HP 454's or crate motors? Then someone brings up ATECO. Is ATECO this engine builder that's offering this great deal or did we just throw this into the discussion?
I'm just a grouchy ole man I guess!
Old 12-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone heard/have experience with this engine builder?

I built a motor for a friend who owns a marina in NYC. He spent $5000 for the motor he had in his boat. He was told that it makes 500 hp. He had a local speed shop build the motor. I took the motor apart and found the following..., cast crank, cast flat top pistons, 3/8" rods, taiwanese timing chain setup. etc... I sold him a 4 bolt block, forged, balanced rotating assy. manifolds everything soup to nuts for $ 4000
I paid over $1700 in machine work alone. I had it align honed and used an undersized cloyes true roller timing chain setup and cam button. Some people are very greedy. I am lucky to have a good job that pays well, so I don't have to rely on what I make off of others. I can't believe how many people have been stripped of expensive rare parts. People that didn't know about the matching number correct block in their corvette or chevelle, only to get a motor job, got thier 512 1970 date coded block stolen. Be careful, unfortunately their are alot of people that want to put their hand in your pocket !!!