Revolution Marine Exhaust >

Revolution Marine Exhaust

Notices

Revolution Marine Exhaust

Old 01-04-2006, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revolution Marine Exhaust

Can anyone tell me there experiences with Revolution Marines BB Performance Exhaust? Appears to be a good value at under $1000 a pair.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:50 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Revolution Marine Exhaust

Do a search here in the tech section. They have been discussed a few times. Most seem to agree, they are a good deel.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a set last summer, but I also did a rebuild, so I can't give you definate performance gains, however, I can give you my opinion.

1) I like the design. Taller than stock, and better flow/separation.

2) Dollar for dollar, I don't think they can be beat.

3) Everyone that has talked about them has complained that the holes have too much powder coating on them and they had to be cleaned out with a 1/2 pipe tap. Not a big deal though.

4) Very light wight.. number one reason to buy.

5) Easy install. Allmost everything I needed, brackets, bolts, etc., were included.

6) Good people to work with. Fast responses, quick delivery, etc.

7) I think minimal performance gaines over stock exhaust.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Registered

They are virtually identical to the IMCO thumper, which I put on mine. With either set you will find that the power steering pump will hit them. You will need the relocation bracket with either set. I picked up 150 rpm and 1.5 mph with my IMCO's. Also the exaust was suprisingly quieter, did not have the sharp pop,pop,pop from the cam. Was more of a deeper rumble. Bear in mind my motor is a 496 putting out 521 hp at the crank.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've been selling them for a short time. Everyone who has purchased has been satisfied.

http://www.trickmarine.net/productde...?productid=777

Old 01-05-2006, 05:27 AM
Registered

I put some on my 502 mag. Only real problem was the install. The angle to the transom was different then the stock set up, which kind of made it difficult at first to install. Other then that I have had mine for over a year and run in salt water every weekend and they seem to be fine. I wish they could be a little louder. Didn't really seem to notice any more hp, but then again I did a rebuild at the same time. All and all Im satisfied.

PS...Customer service was great. The guy at Revolution marine was a great help with my angle problem. Very patient.

Last edited by vandeano; 01-05-2006 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vandeano
I put some on my 502 mag. Only real problem was the install. The angle to the transom was different then the stock set up, which kind of made it difficult at first to install. Other then that I have had mine for over a year and run in salt water every weekend and they seem to be fine. I wish they could be a little louder. Didn't really seem to notice any more hp, but then again I did a rebuild at the same time. All and all Im satisfied.

PS...Customer service was great. The guy at Revolution marine was a great help with my angle problem. Very patient.
Vandeano,

So just to be clear, the Revolution exhaust exits at a different angle than stock Mercruiser exhaust? Did your stock exhaust use spacer blocks?
Old 01-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Registered

It exits at a different angle because it is about 3-4 inches higher at the riser. I could not reuse my silent choice either because they are too short and would not fit over the riser outlet. I had to use a set of Corsa quick and quiet "Y's" to replace the diverters. Even then I could only get enough to get one of the two hose clamps on. If your exaust goes straight out the transom, it should be workable.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DORaymond
Vandeano,

So just to be clear, the Revolution exhaust exits at a different angle than stock Mercruiser exhaust? Did your stock exhaust use spacer blocks?

My factory exhaust didn't have spacers. If you were to put the factory exhaust next to the revolutions you would probably say there is no way this is going to work. I was getting ready to send mine back until the guy at revolution told me the trick way of doing it. (he would be better to explain it then me). But it worked. I just had to make the rubber exhaust hose where it connects to the tips that exit the boat shorter. I was able to still use my Silent choice. My problem was just with how steep my angle was.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Registered

I used them on my 32 Fountain 502's. The worked great,but were
a bitc h to install. silent choice and the different angle made it
tough to install exhaust hoses. Once on,they performed flawlessly.
They are good guys to work with if you have questions.
P.s. Its true about powdercoat in threads,they do need to have a tap run thru to clean them out.

Quick Reply: Revolution Marine Exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.