Originally Posted by cstraub
It's all in the Oil Pan....
The sticker on the pan says it all.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Project complete

Originally Posted by nordic95
Hey guys on this subject of dynoes and real uncorrected power,look at this article.I have been a Pontiac guru since 1987,building and running Pontiac motors in my 1968 Firebird at street nights at our local drag strips.Never would I have guessed that technology would bring one of these dinosaurs to this level on pump gas.And for the younger generations reading this,Yes Pontiac did manufacture there own engines before corporate world took over and started putting Chevy based engines in the Pontiac chassis.I think us OSOers should request the uncorreted power numbers,there could be a 111% correction going on here.
P.s. This artical just came in the mail today.
Nordic95
Nordic,

I can attest to the fact that the numbers Jon got on this motor are 100% real. He spent more time in R&D on that engine than most people spend building 25 or 30 engines. There was a ton of work on the valve locations, angle, combustion chambers, fuel deliver etc. Aside from being one of the best engine builders in the country Jon would spend 3 to 4 hours a night 5 or 6 days a week working on this project for over 6 months. For him it was therapeutic, since this engine is so different than what he normally builds.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Registered

It's all in the Oil Pan....

Hey, Hey, Hey, I thought its what's on top that counts
Old 02-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RumRunner
Hey, Hey, Hey, I thought its what's on top that counts
You carb guys are all alike. . .since you "bring in the air" you want all the credit!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Registered

You carb guys are all alike. . .since you "bring in the air" you want all the credit!!!!!!!

Ofcourse! That's better than just holding up all the spare parts This years contest should be fun. Looks like there will be more than one engine out of Jon's shop.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rum Runner,

I was kind of poking fun at some of the people here on this forum that high horse power can be achieved with pump gas.I highly commend Jon for his efforts,not only for those numbers,but that he chose to run a Pontiac to do it.Just goes to show that with todays technology in heads,cam,and intake design you can make great power and still pull up to the pump.It sounds like you know Jon personally,let him know I will gladly use his engine for R&D purposes in one of my cars as a favor to him of course.

Nordic95
Old 02-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nordic95
Rum Runner,

I was kind of poking fun at some of the people here on this forum that high horse power can be achieved with pump gas.I highly commend Jon for his efforts,not only for those numbers,but that he chose to run a Pontiac to do it.Just goes to show that with todays technology in heads,cam,and intake design you can make great power and still pull up to the pump.It sounds like you know Jon personally,let him know I will gladly use his engine for R&D purposes in one of my cars as a favor to him of course.

Nordic95
Nordic,

I understand totally. That engine is really borderline on being able to run on pump gas. The EMC should be called the contest of supressing detonation. Not sure what they were going to do with that engine I think it was going into a car that was being sold. I kind of laugh when you get a Ford guy build a bad ass Pontiac.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RumRunner
Nordic,

I understand totally. That engine is really borderline on being able to run on pump gas. The EMC should be called the contest of supressing detonation. Not sure what they were going to do with that engine I think it was going into a car that was being sold. I kind of laugh when you get a Ford guy build a bad ass Pontiac.
. . .and I agree with Doug. These engines at best description are "experiments" and not for use in street cars. As Doug pointed out the hours Kaase had in this engine if you had to pay for any of the top 10 performers these mills would cost you $150K plus.

What is noteable about what you posted is the correction factor. I looked and could not find a rule stating what they would use in the testing at Bill Mitchells place. Now being located on Long Island, I can't see the dyno's being over 100ft about sea level so I wonder if the magazine has a mis-print and the correction is 1.01.

Doug do you know? And hey carb guy, we (the parts catching people) were on the 1st through 4th. . . .what about you??
Old 02-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Registered

1 carb
pump gas.
555in 1050hp

I know Dave Ebbert personally and watch this motor push a 21' motorhome size Daytona through the traps at Ming at 120's in about 8.0 sec. then did ski duty during the week.

Link to the write up in hot rod
http://www.hotrod.com/howto/113_0206_1000/index.html

Quick Reply: Project complete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.