Interior Disassembly >

Interior Disassembly

Notices

Interior Disassembly

Old 03-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Disassembly

I am going to be to disassembling the interior in my 27 ft Fountain so that I can replace the teal and pink in my boat with some grays and blues. My question is has anyone taken their interior apart. I have no idea where to begin in the boat, how do you get the head rests out of the seats ect. Is there ant thing I should be aware of before I start the disassembly process? I called Fountain and they don’t have any sort of diagrammatical drawing or anything of the interior assembly process so I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Interior Disassembly-deltarats-new-boat.jpg  
Old 03-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Interior Disassembly

It's pretty simple on a Fountain. Open the cuppies in the gunnels and reach up inside to get to the nuts holding the seats in. Pull the screws from the floor and out they come. Make sure you disconect you seat actuators first. To get the headrests off turn the seats upside down and unbolt the base from the top. You figure this part out when you see it.

The side panels are held on with 5/8 nuts.

The rear seat is bolted in from the bilge. You may need to pull a pump or two off the bulkhead but again, you'll figure this out when you see it.

If you get hung up email me, I'll come out and show you if I'm in the area. Or you could call Rod at Honker Cut.

[email protected]
Old 03-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lofty
It's pretty simple on a Fountain. Open the cuppies in the gunnels and reach up inside to get to the nuts holding the seats in. Pull the screws from the floor and out they come. Make sure you disconect you seat actuators first. To get the headrests off turn the seats upside down and unbolt the base from the top. You figure this part out when you see it.

The side panels are held on with 5/8 nuts.

The rear seat is bolted in from the bilge. You may need to pull a pump or two off the bulkhead but again, you'll figure this out when you see it.

If you get hung up email me, I'll come out and show you if I'm in the area. Or you could call Rod at Honker Cut.

[email protected]
Lofty

Thanks for the information
Old 03-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Registered

Not a problem, like I said call if you need help. I'll be at the Martinez shop most of this Saturday but I'm planning on headed to Seatons to test fire some motors on Sunday.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

The top and bottom are held together with 3 bolts each side (under the steel leg and the AL angle on the other side) and 2 in the rear. You will have to unscrew and the remove switch and disconnect the wires before separating the 2 halves. (wiring is feed thru both sections) After you get the top half separated from the lower, with the top upside down, there will be a couple screws near the edge that holds the back rest section in. Remove those screws, slide the back rest down and out. Remove the rear grab handle. In the void left from the backrest, there will be a couple more screws that hold the outer wrap section on. With those screws and the grab handle removed, the outerwap panel will come off. It may be stuck a bit to the underlaying vinyl. Should be a couple screws way up inside the top half going into the headrest. Remove them, and the staples both front and rear to remove the head rest.

Everything is bolted/screwed together. Scope it out, jump right in. Really a peice of cake.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Guess shoulda asked, Are you wanting to just remove the headrest, or the whole seat?
Old 03-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
The top and bottom are held together with 3 bolts each side (under the steel leg and the AL angle on the other side) and 2 in the rear. You will have to unscrew and the remove switch and disconnect the wires before separating the 2 halves. (wiring is feed thru both sections) After you get the top half separated from the lower, with the top upside down, there will be a couple screws near the edge that holds the back rest section in. Remove those screws, slide the back rest down and out. Remove the rear grab handle. In the void left from the backrest, there will be a couple more screws that hold the outer wrap section on. With those screws and the grab handle removed, the outerwap panel will come off. It may be stuck a bit to the underlaying vinyl. Should be a couple screws way up inside the top half going into the headrest. Remove them, and the staples both front and rear to remove the head rest.

Everything is bolted/screwed together. Scope it out, jump right in. Really a peice of cake.
Thanks for the info, it should help quite a bit.