Eddie Marine

Notices

Eddie Marine

Old 04-08-2006, 09:19 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Eddie Marine

I should have used Dana for the hinges. I am kicking myself now.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:53 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had issues with an order of dry stacks, wont order again.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I just bought EMI Thunder manifolds for my 35 exec. I picked up all the parts at the counter. I was on vacation and we wernt sure of my riser height so Tom gave me one to take and try. Well it was the right one and i called him and had the other 3 from Cal. to Va. in 26 hrs. Great Service! Great People!
Old 04-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Registered

NEVER buy any of their press on pulleys, though...

I bought a set of EMI pulleys for my HP500, as there was rust on a few of my old ones, and I thought the added bling would be nice. I bought a set, including the press on ones for the seawater pump and the power steering pump. BOTH of these were a slip fit!! They had a 2 mil clearance!!

I called them and asked them to verify the clearances and they said that they were right and would NOT take them back!!!

So, I have a couple of chunks of useless aluminum laying around.
I ended up buying the Hardin press on pulleys that by the way look infinitely better, with the stainless center hub. They fit like a glove.

EMI will NEVER get another nickel from me.
Kent
Old 04-11-2006, 07:28 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Thumbs down Re: Eddie Marine

Well, its Tuesday and still no pistons. Now I want the tracking # and wont take no for an answer. I called Eddie Marine, through no fault of her own, I got the run around from the receptionist. It seems that Tom makes her do his dirty work and lies. Not that I asked to speak to him, but he told her I should get my tracking # from TrickMarine. What the hell does Fred have to do with this? NOT A DAMN THING. When I asked her why I should contact Fred, she said she didnt know. I then asked to speak to Eddie. Got put on hold for a long time. She finally came back on and gave me a valid tracking #. It seems they will be here tomorrow. Now all they have to do is hold fluid from leaking. The morol to the story, I will NEVER buy anything from Eddie Marine again. Too many lies and broken promises.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear your problems with Eddie,you now know how I felt.One company I do have to praise is Stem to Stern.What a great company to deal with on Merc. parts.I have made about 11 orders with them over the winter and never an issue or a problem.My parts show up in two to three days and once I had a part back ordered and they e-mailed and called to let me know it would be two more days for the part to come in.
GREAT, GREAT, GREAT

Nordic95
Old 04-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nordic95
Hey guys,

You know its funny,I started this thread and never followed up on what happened.I called Chris at Eddie Marine and had him fax my order to me because I had forgotten on what I actually ordered it had been so long.I then called him and said that I was unhappy with there responses and canceled the order.He didn't even try to help me out.I then called Dana Marine and faxed my order to them with Eddies letter head,they asked why they received this order and I explained my situation to the women at Dana.Not only did I get a call back in twenty minutes to tell me the order was filled but they over nighted at there expense to help me out.Now that is the kind of service that I like doing business with.I now send all my friends and my orders to Dana.

Nordic95
I won't order ANYTHING from Dana. About the same kind of customer service from them as you had from eddie. It is sad to say, but most people in the marine industry have NO clue what customer service is. I don't get it. When I want something for my boat, I call and say this is what I need and here is my credit card number. I got a ladder one time from dana and the wrong brackets. Called back and was told to go to hard ware store and makes some. Called cp performance for 3 days and never got through. Called trick yesterday and was told that there was not a demand for low water muffs, so they could not get any. I had no choice but to call eddie, and they said I would have my parts in a wek. I'll wait and see.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Tired of all the BS..??

Guys give us a try when you need something next time.. We can usually take a lot of the headaches out of it for you.. And WE DO RETURN ALL CALLS PROMPTLY.. Nothing gets me personally more P. O. then when I dont get any answer too.. That does not happen at our place.. If I cant get you what you need I will be up front with you & tell you.. There is no sense in wasting each others time when that is the case. I make no secrets. I do charge because I have to make a living just like you guys, However I try to keep my prices as competative as possible..

Again we are here if you need us.. If you try us I believe you will be pleasantly supprised..

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628
Old 04-11-2006, 08:59 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

We have all felt the pain of getting screwed. It is frustrating. I dont get why these companies do it to us. Is it because we are not buying the volume that say Skater, OuterLimits or Fountain does? Maybe because my name isnt Mike Fiore, Reggie or Skip Barver? But still we are the customers that keep them in business.
I would like to remind them, the manufacturers and suppliers, that we the customers have a powerful tool called the internet to spread good and bad things about you. Just take a look at the view count on this thread---919 and going up.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by checkmate454mag
We have all felt the pain of getting screwed. It is frustrating. I dont get why these companies do it to us. Is it because we are not buying the volume that say Skater, OuterLimits or Fountain does? Maybe because my name isnt Mike Fiore, Reggie or Skip Barver? But still we are the customers that keep them in business.
I would like to remind them, the manufacturers and suppliers, that we the customers have a powerful tool called the internet to spread good and bad things about you. Just take a look at the view count on this thread---919 and going up.
amen

Quick Reply: Eddie Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.