raylar systems hot boat article this month

Notices

raylar systems hot boat article this month

Old 03-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raylar systems hot boat article this month

Just saw the new hot boat mag, pg. 52 has a nice right up for mods to beef up the 496 mag/HO.. in my opinion and also talking with ray from raylar its gotta be the best way if you want some more HP and want to retain your engine and reliability.. im curiuous if anyone on here has the raylar system on a 496 mag/HO? what would be even better is if someone had it in a 25OL? also has anyone heard or seen that baja was "HOOKING" some of the bottems of there hulls? anyways again nice write up in the hot boat mag, lots of good ideas, nice and costly as well.. looks like exhaust comes in the cheapest!

P.S also from talking to ray, he has beefed up the merc manifold exhaust system, they even come polished and look great and from what i gathered would be comparable to the eddie marines or dana marines? nice pic of this whole set up in hot boat mag?
Old 03-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Default Re: raylar systems hot boat article this month

anybody with raylar, someone gotta have it, or atleast have some imput?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Re: raylar systems hot boat article this month

rittsbaja25:
PM me and I will give you eight to ten boaters with our parts you can talk to about our kits and the before and after performance levels of their boats . As I mentioned to you most Baja hulls are not known to be big speed demons with major power upgrades. Be realistic on what you expect from a 100HP addition to a 496 in your Baja boat and remember that Baja who builds the boat is responsible for the performance level of the boat you bought from them with the application of any power increase. Raylar cannot control or guaranty the speed of a customers boat, only the actual horsepower and torque we can develop from the motors with the addition of our kits or engines. Its also important to remember that when power is increased in any performance boat that there are other items such as proper prop application and re-sizing as well as drive set ups, running attitudes and hull running surface condtions that must be checked for correct setup and maximization. On most hulls and boat types this "dialing in of the boat" after major changes should be expected to maximise the potential improvement.
I get this question asked of me at least three or four times a day so I would just like to help some forum members understand that the science ,work and practices needed to improve a boats overall performance with added power is not always a "slam dunk" and the results vary sometimes widely from boat brand to boat type. There is no hard set rule on performance boat power increases that says "Add this much power and your boat will go this Fast!" If anyone tries to sell you this as an absolute or given , they are "blowing smoke up your you no where!" Just thought I would elaborate here because this seems to be a self inflicted infection that gets spread to easily on these forums.

Ray @ Raylar
Old 03-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Jerry B
Platinum Member

Very well said.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Registered

We put in a Raylar BCK 103 Kit in a Baja 25 Outlaw with 496 HO and gained 8 MPH , Prop is now 28 pitch lab finished Bravo one , Top speed went from 66 - 74 on GPS
Attached Thumbnails raylar systems hot boat article this month-baja_6.jpg  
Old 03-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Raylar or anyone, just curious if there was a update on the moded manifold and riser setup?
Old 03-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Re: raylar systems hot boat article this month

Oh yeah and on the funny side, if you need a test dummby for this my Ho is willing to be put to the test
Old 03-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BCK 106 kit on 28' V hull went from 69.6 to 78.1 even with mufflers added and switching to horsepower robbing XR drive. Am now hitting the rev limiter. The 106 upgrade will build more horsepower above the stock rev limiter, which is hopefully soon to be replaced with a reprogrammed ECM. Same tame idle as Senecadds.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm doing a Raylar kit now on a 28 Nordic. I'm also adding Lightning headers and a Whipple stg. 1 PCM upgrade. I tested and documented performance before hand. I will also be dynoing the engine afterwards. I'm documenting the install and results and will be posting them on my web site in a few weeks.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 496power
We put in a Raylar BCK 103 Kit in a Baja 25 Outlaw with 496 HO and gained 8 MPH , Prop is now 28 pitch lab finished Bravo one , Top speed went from 66 - 74 on GPS
What did the entire project end up costing minus the new prop? Kit + labor?

Quick Reply: raylar systems hot boat article this month

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.