Notices

Drive Spacers Anyone?

Old 03-19-2006, 03:38 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Drive Spacers Anyone?

Originally Posted by InXS
I'm in the process of installing 1" spacers on my Bravo's. Looks like a fairly simple process, especially with a drive stand.

However, what is the trick (or the best way) to remove the old studs ?? Double nutting or with heat ?? I know this needs to be done correctly.

Can someone advise me on this?

Thanks,
Stud remover.very simple when you have one.double nut is cheaper to do if you don't have a remover.just did some last week.hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Drive Spacers Anyone?

I have been in the process all afternoon installing a 1/2" spacer. I looks straight forward. I have a stud remover tool that I got from Sears. The one part that I was worred about was pulling the old studs out. That part went without a hitch. Old studs came out. Took Blue locktite & installed new studs. Installed o rings & went to reinstall lower. I have a bravo upper with a Imco 2" shortie lower. I could get the lower on except for about the last 1/2 or 3/4". After fighting trying to get the lower on for about 2 hrs I went to remove one stud to see if it would go thru the imco lower. It would not. I then tried to see if the stud would go thru the upper it would not. The studs have a thick middle sections and that will not go thru. I looked at drilling out both the upper and lower but do not have the correct size drill bit. I think it may be easier to go and get new studs.