Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Hatch lift and dead batts? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/127196-hatch-lift-dead-batts.html)

tomcei 04-10-2006 09:03 PM

Hatch lift and dead batts?

I am wondering what some of you do. If your batteries go dead on you or if you have an electrical problem, how do you open the hatch. I'm currently installing a new lift mtr and wiring it up. I thought about an extra terminal mounted under the seat leading to the mtr or a quick disconnect cable attached to the pin on the hatch bracket.

Surely someone has this problem solved. :(

Panther 04-10-2006 09:08 PM

Re: Hatch lift and dead batts?

I made a pull pin attached to a SS cable that you can access by taking the 6 screws that hold the air vent on the side of the boat. Pull the vent off, pull the cable and you're in.

fstboater 04-10-2006 09:25 PM

I can turn my switches off and have a set of cables that are hooked to the battery that powers the hatch and a pull pin just in case.

happy hours 04-10-2006 09:25 PM

A buddy of mine has a electric hatch and his allows the cylinder to open and lift away, allowing you to muscle it open. I take it not all lifts are that way?

Ted G 04-10-2006 09:41 PM

I feed my panel with a jumper box and open it normally. This wont work if the ram goes bad so I am thinking of adding a cable/pin deal also.

tomcei 04-10-2006 09:43 PM

My pull pin has a button that needs to be depressed to relax the small ball bearings( qty2) in the end so it will pull out.

Panther, is yours like that?
I guess I can look for a different style pull pin that might be more accomodating (sp) Otherwise, I need to rig up somethig to push the button and pull the pin at the same time :eek:

ActiveFun 04-10-2006 10:51 PM

bring a new charged 12 volt battery into the cabin or wherever your access is to the back of the switch to raise the hatch. Use allegator clips to the back of the switch or board to supply fresh power to up switch.

Iggy 04-11-2006 04:59 AM

My Formula engine hatch has a separate aluminum frame that's hinged at the rear. I can lift the hatch manually or power it up. Nice feature if the battery dies.

mwdill 04-11-2006 05:43 AM

i can pull a piece of the back bench off and reach thru a designed hole to the pin and pull it out and lift manually.

GOODT 04-11-2006 06:14 AM

back feed with jump pack though lighter/aux socket

or if you own a fountain you dont have that problem, they have jump cable hook up under the seat