Installing Imco powerflow manifolds >

Installing Imco powerflow manifolds

Notices

Installing Imco powerflow manifolds

Old 05-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Installing Imco powerflow manifolds

Bought some Imco powerflow exhaust manifolds for my 89 454 330hp on E-bay.
I am having to make new brackets for the power steering pump and fuel filter/mercathode brackets. The pipe fitting bung on the front of both manifolds is hitting. Its a real real pain in the rear. Is this or was this normal on the older stuff or are there brackets and spacers that I didnt recieve that I can purchase from an aftermarket? Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Registered

Default Re: Installing Imco powerflow manifolds

mto, Yes the old style can be a pain. I installed a set on my 90, 330, 454 and yes IMCO makes a bracket for the power steering pump/ altenator. I think I just fabbed up a mount for the fuel filter. Used right angle hose fittings I got from IMCO to clear accesories. Dont cut coolant hoses until your sure you've got your clearances, their expensive.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I did the same. The bracket is less than $100. I used steel bushings and longer bolts to move the fuel seperator back.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Registered

Guys thanks for the input. I have looked on Imcos site and the only bracket that looks like it will do the trick is part# psa-111.
Is this the bracket you guys used?
http://www.imcomarine.com/pages/performance.html
Thanks again!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 06:45 AM
Registered

not the one I used. I will have to look. I helped someone else with the same bracket.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:52 AM
Registered

I think this is the one I used from Flatlander Racing.

PFB-90 Power Steering Pump/Alternator Bracket $119

Do not forget to order bracket for shift cables
Old 05-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just a heads-up. Make sure you have good water flow/pressure through those manifolds. I had fair flow at idle but at wot it was less than adaquate and melted holes inside the manifold water passages-not good. Lucky I removed water in cylinders within hrs and douched out engine with wd 40 and have not noticed any effects from severe reversion. Hydro lock is not good especially at speed.

Good looking system and Imco has been very good to work with-very helpful.

Good luck
Old 05-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Registered

What was causing your restriction?
Old 05-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mtocrs1
What was causing your restriction?

Insert (part number 41674) that holds the hose at the gimble transom(between outdrive and inner hose connection at Gimble) was corroded so bad that there was only less than 2mm opening was available for water to flow-should be about 18mm in diameter opening. So at idle it was fine- water was spitting out; using the remote hose hook up was fine, but under load around 4k rpm there was not enough water flowing to keep exhaust system cool.
I just cleaned out some gunk at the guage hose pickup next to dip stick and now my guage also works- halalujah

Special thats to GoodT (Joe) and Stan and OSO for helping me find my lowpres gremlins

below is a pic of what a new IMCO looks like after 30 seconds WOT of low water pressure. You can see holes burned through water passages into exhaust and the paint on the outside was bubbled off.
Attached Thumbnails Installing Imco powerflow manifolds-maniforld-damage1-small-.jpg  

Last edited by GoCiggie31; 05-22-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by mtocrs1
Bought some Imco powerflow exhaust manifolds for my 89 454 330hp on E-bay.
I am having to make new brackets for the power steering pump and fuel filter/mercathode brackets. The pipe fitting bung on the front of both manifolds is hitting. Its a real real pain in the rear. Is this or was this normal on the older stuff or are there brackets and spacers that I didnt recieve that I can purchase from an aftermarket? Any help is appreciated.

I have one of the brackets that you need. I have the IMCO PS/Alt bracket. I thought it would work to give me the clearance I needed for my CMI's. It didn't. It was mounted and then taken off. Maybe a couple small scratches.
You can have it for $70 shipped.

I had Imco's on a different boat. I just mounted the fuel filter in the bilge and replumbed the fuel lines.

Quick Reply: Installing Imco powerflow manifolds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.