Notices

Anybody used this???

Old 05-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody used this???

Octane Supreme 130?? TEL (lead) additive

http://www.batterystuff.com/fuel-treatments/OS2q.html

With new heads I will be @ 10.5:1 (Iron heads, Small block), so I believe I am at the limits or beyond of 92 octane. I can get 110 racing fuel down the street from where I live, but if I am forced to use marina gas I would like to have a backup plan. Besides, they currently only have 87 octane at the lake I boat at.

Also, what octane level should I aim for?

Thanks
Old 05-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anybody used this???

I have never used this brand so I cant recommend it.

We buy 5 gallon containers @ $30.00 per gallon of Torko octane boost and use 2 1/2 gallons to approx 105 gallons of 93 unleaded per side = 99+ octane and has worked well in our Gun with 7lbs of boost and know inner coolers.
It is a nasty volatile liquid however and will stain anything it comes in contact with, you have to clean your gel-coat immediately.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anybody used this???

Originally Posted by WildWarrior
I have never used this brand so I cant recommend it.

We buy 5 gallon containers @ $30.00 per gallon of Torko octane boost and use 2 1/2 gallons to approx 105 gallons of 93 unleaded per side = 99+ octane and has worked well in our Gun with 7lbs of boost and know inner coolers.
It is a nasty volatile liquid however and will stain anything it comes in contact with, you have to clean your gel-coat immediately.
Which one of Torko's boost? I assume the leaded one. I like the Octane Supreme 130 (if it works as advertised) because I could stash a few quart bottles of it on the boat for emergencies.

Thanks