Notices

525 w/cracked headers

Old 06-16-2006, 05:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 525 w/cracked headers

Hi Guys,

I have a Donzi 38ZR with the 525 motors, staggered. On the staggered motor I found both headers have creacked. One cracked at the collection point where the four tubes gather to one, the other is on it's way to CMI for repair/replacement. I have heard that CMI has developed a support bracket for staggered motors to alleviate this problem. Has anybody else had this problem, or seen the brackets?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2006, 11:43 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Default Re: 525 w/cracked headers

Originally Posted by MarkDonzi
Hi Guys,

I have a Donzi 38ZR with the 525 motors, staggered. On the staggered motor I found both headers have creacked. One cracked at the collection point where the four tubes gather to one, the other is on it's way to CMI for repair/replacement. I have heard that CMI has developed a support bracket for staggered motors to alleviate this problem. Has anybody else had this problem, or seen the brackets?

Thanks
do a search for "cmi header problems" there have been a few threads lately, CMI has warrantied some. Best to contact them and see what your options are.

here is one thread

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...header+problem
Old 06-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is now support system out by CMI being installed by boat builders on staggered set ups. Let us know if you would like pricing and availability.

Kirk
Old 06-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hi Guys,

Thanks
What year is the boat and how many hours? I am dealing with this right now on my boat. They took care of my cracked headers on my 2005 525. It was just out of warranty but they stood behind their product. This is the bracket they do on the center motor for Fountain. Not sure what the Donzi bracket would look like.
Attached Thumbnails 525 w/cracked headers-large-1027.jpg  
Old 06-17-2006, 06:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks for the Pic, My boat is a 2005 w/ 120 hours on it. CMI and Donzi are standing behind their warranty. CMI has even agreed to send me the supports that they have developed for Donzi.

I have only had problems with the staggered motor, I'm having the other ones checked to be sure. Is your problem headers with the forward motor in your setup?

What does the bottom end of you bracket attached to? Stringer, shaft guard?

Beautiful Motor Box on your Boat!

Thanks Again

Last edited by MarkDonzi; 06-17-2006 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the Pic, My boat is a 2005 w/ 120 hours on it. CMI and Donzi are standing behind their warranty. CMI has even agreed to send me the supports that they have developed for Donzi.

I have only had problems with the staggered motor, I'm having the other ones checked to be sure. Is your problem headers with the forward motor in your setup?

What does the bottom end of you bracket attached to? Stringer, shaft guard?

Beautiful Motor Box on your Boat!

Thanks Again
Yes the problems are with the center motor. I guess there have been allot of problems with the center motors on the 47s.
I think it attaches to the shaft guard. I can double check next time I am on the boat. My headers should be here on Tuesday so I will be in the boat soon.

Thanks for the comments. They designed it nice with allot of room to get to stuff in the compartment.