Getting engine back SAGA continues >

Getting engine back SAGA continues

Notices

Getting engine back SAGA continues

Old 06-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Getting engine back SAGA continues

okay, here is the deal, you ask a lot of people who have nothing to gain or lose from this transaction how to proceed...

everyone pretty much said the same thing... pay the money, go get your stuff, and sue the guy, you will probably get a judgement, but will not collect.

Then tell EVERYONE in your area EXACTLY what happend so they do not get screwed. This is not about revenge, it is about a community protecting itself.

I would ask a local cop to go with me to pick up the stuff, it will be a lot harder to pull some BS with one there listening to everything said, and if needed, you will have an objective witness to the whole thing.

Now the hard part, will you take the advice, or not?????

P.S. - ask if you can give the cop the money while you load your stuff, if it is all there, the money goes to the guy, if not, it is stuck in limbo until it is settled. Not sure a cop wants to be in that position, but if so, it strengthens your hand considerably.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Registered

P.S. - if you want to screw with him, have the cops show up at his place of employment....later while on the phone or what ever explain you will repeat this exercise until you get all your stuff. No employer will put up with that crap...
Old 06-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dean51267
P.S. - if you want to screw with him, have the cops show up at his place of employment....later while on the phone or what ever explain you will repeat this exercise until you get all your stuff. No employer will put up with that crap...

or call his new employer and explain the situation to him and explain How it is in his best interest to help you get your stuff back in full because you would hate to get his name involed in all this as it will put the employers rep on the line
Old 06-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Registered

DEAN hit the nail on the head !!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I appreciate the input o this one guys...

I will be calling the police this morning and discuss this isssue with them further. They already have a theft report on file. I will ask if I can get someone to be there while this transaction takes place.

Thanks again!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally would pay the $625 get my stuff, THEN figure out something. Your stuff is worth a lot more than that.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Met with the marine mechanic yesterday.

Got my property back. The mechanic was civilized the whole time and actually apologized for what took place. And he did offer to help me with info to get it back together. It cost 622.43 Not sure where he got the figure from. There were only a couple of things missing, but it looks like the engine builder may have it at his shop. The marine mechanic said he would work with me to get the things that were missing. We'll see about that one.

I have a big task cleaning the parts and gettting everything sorted out. The powersteering pump and oil cooler was in a bin with about 2" of fluid in it.

I wanted to get a picture of what the hub looks like that goes on the flywheel, that I bolt my drive shaft from my extension box on. Its a Stellings extension box and there is suppose to be some hub with a flange on it.

Thanks for the input on the situation.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks but now you can start getting it back together and back on the water.

good luck with everything. remember, if it gets too hard, i have a 29 outlaw for sale
Old 06-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks BAJA!!

Haven't been able to picutre myself in a BAJA!! LOL!!
Old 06-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Registered

I am glad you got your stuff back, funny how nice those guys can be when they get their money,(two faced pricks), Im here in houston, I would kind of like to know what shop this guy works at, so I can avoid it and him. Clear Lake Power Boat Service seems to have a pretty good reputation, and can usually stick to the number they originally quoted, and if not they call and discuss options before going too far aside from that they are fastt, in retrospect speed and quality of service are worth the price if it get you out on the water. I have started doing a little research on a shop called hotheadz marine in humble, I havent had a service done with them, but they seemed like they were a pretty organized shop as well as professional.

Quick Reply: Getting engine back SAGA continues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.